Montezuma Travel Answers

change location

best way to get back to San Jose on Sun.?

by taloysen Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 1:26 PM

We (4 people) are hoping to spend a long weekend in Montezuma, leaving Thurs. pm after language classes and returning Sunday. We won't have a car. I've found that the public bus leaves at 3:30 pm from Coca Cola, which works for us. But only Sunday options seem to be early morning. I'd like to be able to go back in the afternoon, at least have that morning to hang out. Is there a way, like maybe the water taxi and then shuttle? Any other options (especially less expensive ones)? Also, is it a good idea to avoid Coca Cola after dark?
Thanks, TAL

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Suzie3's Profile Photo

RE: best way to get back to San Jose on Sun.?

by Suzie3 Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Personally, I would stay away from the Coca Cola after dark but with a group of you, you should be okay. Check with Zuma tours to see what their water taxi times are.
    monteverdeinfo.com/costa-ric...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: best way to get back to San Jose on Sun.?

by ddrica Online Now Dec 22, 2007 at 7:53 AM

Maybe there is some sort of new bus route but when I have been to Montezuma I took a bus to Puntarennas then took the ferry then another bus to Montezuma. The bus to Puntarrenas is not at the coca cola bus station therefore much safer. It runs to Puntarrenas every 20 minutes. You can look up the ferry schedule from Puntarennas and do it this way only reverse. The other option is take the plane from Tambor. It take 15 or 20 minutes so you are there in no time at all. You can just take a taxi from Montezuma to Tambor then the plane to San Jose. It is a little 12 seater plane so if you are afraid of flying it may be rough. I enjoy the flight. You can get a view of lots of scenery.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines