Montezuma Travel Answers

change location

How do I get there??????

by hollywade Online Now Sep 24, 2006 at 4:01 PM

Hello everyone!

I was hoping that someone could help me with a few questions before travelling to C.R. in November. We are taking public transportation from San Jose to Arenal and then Monte Verde. We would then like to go to Montezuma. I have heard that there is no public trans going into Montezuma from Monte Verde and that I would have to go to Puntarenas and take the ferry. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, can I rent a car and drive there myself? Also, I would like to know if its a good idea to bring a bucket of "treats" for the local dogs? I would appreciate any help you could give. Thank you very much!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • sean420's Profile Photo

RE: How do I get there??????

by sean420 Online Now Sep 24, 2006 at 5:20 PM

Interbus runs once a day from Monteverde to Montezuma. It leaves Montezuma at 8:30am and arrives at 2:45pm - costs39 which I don't think includes the2 ferry ride
    http://www.interbusonline.com/

You can buy dog food at the Super Montezuma in town. Dogs there seem to be somewhat well cared for (for Central American standards) but the strays always appreciate a good meal.

Montezuma is one of my favorite places in Costa Rica! Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Suzie3's Profile Photo

RE: How do I get there??????

by Suzie3 Online Now Sep 26, 2006 at 1:17 PM

There is public trans from Monteverde to Puntarenas. From Puntarenas you go to the ferry dock and take the beautiful ferry ride. From the docking area you can hire a taxi or take a local bus.

Here is a link to the ferry and bus schedule once you are in Puntarenas. There is an early morning bus from Monteverde (around 6-6:30am) to Puntarenas. Always check locally for current schedules as they can change slightly.

nicoyapeninsula.com/general/...

To drive you would either have to use the ferry as well or drive up to the Tempisque bridge and back down. This would take some time to do.

• RE: How do I get there??????

by hollywade Online Now Oct 9, 2006 at 4:55 PM

Thank you very much for your help guys. I think my best bet would be a bus to Puntarenas and ferry it. Ive heard the ferry is nice and really cheap. I appreciate your help!! Ive heard great things about Montezuma and all of Costa Rica.

• Suzie3's Profile Photo

RE: RE: How do I get there??????

by Suzie3 Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 11:40 AM

Have a great trip! The ferry is cheap and the buses to Montezuma are usually there to meet it on the other side.

Regarding the dogs....I think I take as many pictures of the local dogs as I do the people. There is some interesting DNA there LOL. I have had a lot of laughs trying to figure out what their lineage might be. A dog treat would probably be okay.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines