Monteverde Travel Answers

change location

Day trip Arenal to Monteverde- Please Help!

by LaurieD8 Online Now Mar 11, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Trying to work a day trip from arenal to Monteverde.
We want to work it that we leave our arenal hotel early am and get to Monteverde to do a guided hike and bridges....
[we probably don't have time for a zipline but maybe somewhere else is just as impressive... near playa conchal or in arenal??]

I know to go and return to arenal in a day is a lot but please someone help us make it happen!!!
We have the idea we can do it but we have had no tour operator to help us make a day schedule.

Please help!!!!!! Please tell us it is possible too haha ;))

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • gfinesilver's Profile Photo

Re: Day trip Arenal to Monteverde- Please Help!

by gfinesilver Online Now Mar 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM

it seems a bit crazy, and i don't know if it's possible. can you go to monteverde and stay there?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ck213's Profile Photo

Re: Day trip Arenal to Monteverde- Please Help!

by ck213 Online Now Mar 13, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I truly don't think it possible, nor worth it to do this. You'd be getting there just to tag it and then return. The ziplines in Monteverde are without a doubt the best in CR. If time doesn't allow I would just stay put in Arenal. I did a horseback ride and hike there that was outstanding. Good bridge crossings, gorgeous waterfall, and even zipline if you desire. Arenal was my favorite anyway :)

• Re: Day trip Arenal to Monteverde- Please Help!

by costaricalearn Online Now Apr 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Contact Sunset Tours (on web)in La Fortuna (Arenal area) tell them what you want to do. there is something: You get on boat and cross Lake Arenal, then go by jeep to Monteverde (and vice versa) ask Sunset if this can be done in one day, and do the activities you want to do. I write a popular travel blog on Costa Rica. Think it would be helpful for you to read it. I write a lot on the Arenal area. You can find me a worldwideweb costaricalearn dot com Have a very nice trip and hope you make it to Monteverde for the day. Ann

• Re: Day trip Arenal to Monteverde- Please Help!

by manosdeangel Online Now May 3, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I am pretty sure that is possible if you hire a private driver because he will leave on your clock not the predetermined times that the shuttle runs. Private drivers can often get you a better price on tours as well because they work closely with the companies. In that area I used Wilmer Flores for tour booking and transfers he was highly recommended and I have now used him several times. His contact info is Willy Flores email: w_opciones@yahoo.com
    www.labajuraours.com (he is working on new website) 506)8354-7232
    FOR SURE do the zip line in Monteverde its so great and right next to the butterfly farm and there are humming birds everywhere.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines