Monteverde Travel Answers

change location
star8's Profile Photo

Transportation from Monteverde to Manuel Antonio

by star8 Online Now Jan 2, 2009 at 5:51 PM

We are planning on visiting Monteverde in March. What is the best way of getting to Manuel Antonio from Monteverde? Around how much does it cost? Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • amg10's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation from Monteverde to Manuel Antonio

by amg10 Online Now Jan 2, 2009 at 9:34 PM

are you planning on going to the pacific beaches near and south of tamarindo? if so, rent a car on the coast and drive to manual. the drive is great, you pass a really cool bridge where you can see HUGE american crocodilles. people get out and stop on the bridge to watch them.
    i believe the drive from the pacific coast (around samara) to manuel was around 4 hours.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • alf41's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation from Monteverde to Manuel Antonio

by alf41 Online Now Jan 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Hi,

While the easiest option would be to drive, you are able to do this by bus without spending the whole day getting to San Jose and back to the Pacific. In downtown Santa Elena there is a little office of a company named Transmonteverde S.A. and they have several connections to the Pacific side. You might get lucky and have one take you directly from there to the Parrita/Manuel Antonio Area, or maybe to Puntarenas and taking another bus there to Manuel Antonio.

I am not of much help, as like I said, I travel on my car, but you should definitely be able to make this without having unnecessary ground covered, but be willing to make two or three stops to board another bus (Monteverde-> Puntarenas -> Maybe Quepos or Parrita -> Manuel Antonio). Regarding cost, in the worst case it would be around25/person.

The local Monteverde Tourist Info Centers might be able to help you too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines