Monteverde Travel Answers

change location

Ziplining

by jwilson823 Online Now Nov 2, 2008 at 7:31 PM

We are going to be in Monteverde at the end of December and would like to go ziplining while we are there. Is there a specific company that we should look into? Should we make a reservation in advance since it is high season? Any other suggested activities? We will be there for two days.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • oliviababe's Profile Photo

Re: Ziplining

by oliviababe Online Now Nov 3, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Check Skytrek, it it definitely the best and safest, I just did it back in June. Is is the most expensive but it is worth it. Yes , make a reservation and try to go at the earliest hour so it is not clouded and you can see the volcano, it is gorgeous, good luck, oliviababe
    ps. make sure you walk to the humingbird garden where the shuttle arrives at the Skytrek station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Lidrokz's Profile Photo

Re: Ziplining

by Lidrokz Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 9:33 AM

We did the canopy(zipline), the bridge walk, the hummingbird garden at Selvatura, We had a blast. Highley recommended. I'm deathly afraid of heights but managed to get through it & would for sure do it again! We didn't book until we were there but doing so in advance would be better, especially if you are there for only 2 days. The zipline & all the other goodies Selvatura has to offer is pretty much a whole day as you don't want to rush it.
    We also did a guided walk of the Santa Elena Rainforest (saw 2 Quetzals! What a thrill!) & the night tour of the ecological farm.

Here is Selvatyra's website for more info.
    centralamerica.com/cr/areas/...

Also while in the area, check out the frog pond & snake exhibit. They are both located on side streets in Santa Elena. The frogs are best seen at night. Your ticket for the frogs is for all day so you can go in the daylight & at night.
    Have fun!

• Re: Ziplining

by murphness Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 12:13 PM

I've also tried Selvatora, It's the calmest of the best 3. Sky Trek, Extremo, and Selvatora. I've heard bad things of the rest. The snake exhibit is ok, (it's just a bunch of snakes in cages) if you like that sort of thing check it out. I didnt think it was worth the10. Check out the Cafe Monteverde coffee tour. By far the best of the Coffee tours.

Enjoy

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines