Monteverde Travel Answers

change location
amish's Profile Photo

Transport from Monteverde to Tamarindo/Coco?

by amish Online Now Jul 3, 2006 at 4:04 PM

Im trying to figure out how to get from Monteverde to Tamarindo in the afternoon. Looks like the bus leaves only in the morning. Even Interbus or Grayline.
Thinking about taking a taxi to Tilaran and catching the public bus to liberia from there and then on to the beach.
Anyone know a better way?
Or how much a taxi from Monteverde to Tilaran would cost?
I know that we could just get a private minibus for the whole trip that leaves whenever we want but thats like100. A bit too much.
Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • sean420's Profile Photo

RE: Transport from Monteverde to Tamarindo/Coco?

by sean420 Online Now Jul 4, 2006 at 12:41 AM

Just take the early morning bus. Going to Tilaran and Liberia just increases your chances of missing a connection somewhere and having to shell out more$ for a taxi

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Transport from Monteverde to Tamarindo/Coco?

by touroperador Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Hi
    you can take private minibus the cost is around150 is best way to arrive to tamarindo, if you take a public bus you can take 2 hour waiting for the bus.

• sean420's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Transport from Monteverde to Tamarindo/Coco?

by sean420 Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 12:56 PM

It helps to read the entire question before replying

"I know that we could just get a private minibus for the whole trip that leaves whenever we want but thats like100. A bit too much."

• sunnifla's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Transport from Monteverde to Tamarindo/Coco?

by sunnifla Online Now Jul 10, 2006 at 1:57 PM

Ask at the place you are staying in Monteverde, I got a "taxi ride from Arenal to Sarapique area last year. I think it was around 60 dollars. Got there much quicker than a crowded bus, drivers will stop along the way for anything you wish, ie, food, take pictures, they also may know a point of interest along your route.
    Most of the lodges,motels etc. can arrange transportain, just tell them your budget and needs.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines