Monteverde Travel Answers

change location

Vista Verde or Sapo Dorado?

by Anjulis Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 1:45 PM

Where is better to stay with 2 children?

Lonely Planet says Vista verde is the best but reviews complain about bad electricity and problems with hot water.

I am confused. Does anybody have an opinion?
Sapo Dorado is40 a night more but it is not important.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Vista Verde or Sapo Dorado?

by geiner Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 10:37 AM

that rate is for a signal room , I believe a double starting may 1(low season rates is about 84 plus tax for a triple
    geiner

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Vista Verde or Sapo Dorado?

by kcinner Online Now Jan 25, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Pick Sapo Dorado...

I realize this reply is to late for you but in case anyone else has a similar question.

I just stayed at Vista Verde in Jan. 2007 we arrived at Vista Verde after a very long bumpy ride only to find a cold smoky lodge(the small wood stove was burning wet wood and was very leaky) and then it only got worst when we got to our rooms and everything was damp and poor lighting resulted in a very dank atmosphere. The interior and exterior walls are very thin, basically plywood and some paneling. All of the bedding, towels and curtains were very damp. It was a small step above camping in a tent.

As of January 2007 this placed charged over90 a night for a standard room. They did not take credit cards only cash and were very reluctant to take travelers checks. This isn't a place you really want to hang out in -- yes you might get a brief glimps of Arenal but that's about the only perk about staying here.

The staff is very nice and they have a good cook but they over charge by Tico standards for everything-- dinner a very simple casado with no meat was10.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines