Montes Claros Travel Answers

change location

Lodging in Montes Claros

by BGKeefer Online Now Apr 14, 2004 at 6:15 PM

Does anyone know of any rental homes, apartments, or such in Montes Claros? I may be transferred to a new pharmaceutical plant there for a year, and was just wondering how hard it would be to find a place in town, around town or what not, and how much the average price is. I'm in the US and don't speak a lick of Portuguese, so I'm in dire need of some local help! I would like to converse with anyone who knows the area and could give me some advice on places to see, stay, stay away from, customs, culture and anything else! Thanks...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mangueirense's Profile Photo

Re: Lodging in Montes Claros

by mangueirense Online Now Apr 16, 2004 at 3:13 AM

Hello, I am not sure, but I guess you do mean the city Montes Claros in Minas Gerais state?? Well, if yes, I do not know the city, but I looked up in the Internet to find something... and have found one real state agency (immobiliaria)who rents apartments, houses, etc.there: masterimoveis.com.br/aluguel... If you go to this page you simply select "CASA" to rent a house or "APARTAMENTO" if you just want an apartment. Under "QUARTOS" you can select the amount of rooms you would like to have..the other things you could leave blanc (indiferente). Then you click on "LOCALIZAR"! I don't know, but what I saw is that a house is maybe cheaper than renting only apartment. If you want to contact the agency, send E Mail to: master@masterimoveis.com.br I am not sure if they know to correspond in english, if you want I could also help you to translate into portuguese! Just contact me then, okay??? The official homepage of the city of Montes Claros is: http://www.montesclaros.mg.gov.br/ Pictures you find under : montesclaros.mg.gov.br/pagin... Hope this could clarify a little bit? If you have other questions please feel free to contact me! I am glad if I could help somehow! Greetings Evelyn

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Lodging in Montes Claros

by BGKeefer Online Now Apr 20, 2004 at 4:39 PM

That's a good start, I wish they posted pictures of the houses. I got my first try at translating, trying figure out room names, but I managed to do it. Now I need to find the houses on a map! I appreciate your help, I may take you up on your offer in the future, if I ever find out if I have the job or not! Thanks, Brian

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines