Monterrey

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jet ski or wave runnerpulling a raft

Cancún Apr 16, 2014 at 6:14 PM

We are staying at RIU Palace Peninsula. We saw a jet ski/wave runner pulling an inflatable raft with several people inside. Is there a company in Cancun offering this? How do I find out more information?

more
    • Geli Dolls /Munecas Geli

Mexico City Apr 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I currently live in NY, but was looking for someone who is traveling to Mexico City.

My sister in law bought me a beautiful doll last year when she was on vacation (they are called Munecas Geli) and they only sell them in Mexico City. They are 100% vinyl and have long realistic eyelashes. From what i have researched online, they are sold in the stores Sanborn & Liverpool (I'm not sure if she got them there as well). Anyways, my niece's birthday is coming up, and I would love to get her a Geli doll. The problem I am having is that shipping takes too long from Mexico (about a month). I was wondering if anyone out there is willing to help me by bringing one back to the US (I'll pay for shipping from your state to mine). Does anyone have a clue about these dolls? Or is anyone out there who is traveling now or soon willing to help me? Please email me at viviana.tello@aol.com
      Thanks!

more
    • Travel from McAllen, TX to Mexico City

Mexico Apr 14, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Planning summer travel to Mexico City from McAllen via Monterrey-Saltillo-Matehuala-San Luis Potosi-Querétero, etc., I've driven McAllen-Monterrey plenty, but haven't Monterrey-Querétaro, in a few years. Any info on those who have would be greatly appreciated. General "safety" (I'm not one of those super "paranoid" to travel to Mexico, just take my precautions as I do when I travel anywhere), road quality, clean rest/gas stops, etc. Many thanks!

more
    • things to do with kids

Playa del Carmen Apr 11, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Are there any special events happening in June 2014

more
    • Woonelly's Profile Photo

Which is better???

Cabo San Lucas Apr 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Me and 3 of my girlfriends are wanting to go away for my 35 birthday in July . I always wanted to go to Cabo but I have been hearing there is a really young crowd. We are looking to relax but also have fun at night with mature crowds around us. Where should we go and which all inclusive hotels do you suggest ????

more
    • Woonelly's Profile Photo

Which is better???

Cabo San Lucas Apr 9, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Me and 3 of my girlfriends are wanting to go away for my 35 birthday in July . I always wanted to go to Cabo but I have been hearing there is a really young crowd. We are looking to relax but also have fun at night with mature crowds around us. Where should we go and which all inclusive hotels do you suggest ????

more
    • Liv4thebeach's Profile Photo

Cheap place to stay on South end of beach

Tulum Apr 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Does anyone know of good place to stay on South end of beach close to Sian Ka'an reserve? We stayed at Rancho San Eric last year and loved it but it is $210/nt. we really just need privacy and a place to sleep. Pretty easy going. Thought about staying with "naked beach guy" on the reserve but I think that's a little much for me.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
      Thanks!

more
    • Yucatan, Mexico - Yoga Retreat - looking for travel friends

Estado de México Apr 2, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi,

I'm 25 years old, spanish (sorry for my english!!) and last year I was to a yoga retreat in Sayulita, México and was wonderfull! The location was very special and give me fantastic nature esperience and I knew a lot of people from any nations and culture.

Here you can find photos of the retreat and the magic place ommretreats.com/magic-mexico...

This year I want repeat my experience with the same mexico yoga retreat, but in Yucatan: ommretreats.com/trips/sanmig...
      Any one want to come with me? Any spanish/european friend to make together the yoga trip?

Thanks a lot for your attention!

more
    • jet ski or wave runnerpulling a raft

Cancún Apr 16, 2014 at 7:08 PM

We are staying at RIU Palace Peninsula. We saw a jet ski/wave runner pulling an inflatable raft with several people inside. Is there a company in Cancun offering this? How do I find out more information?

more
    • information

Oaxaca de Juárez Apr 9, 2014 at 3:46 PM

are there a lot of american stores in oaxaca?

more
    • Travel Between Hotels

Puerto Morelos Apr 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Hi, I am going to Puerto Morelos in a few weeks for a wedding and wondering if there is a bus that goes between the hotels? I am staying at the Ocean Coral and Turquesa and need to get to the Azul Sensori.

Thanks!

more
    • driving from houston to nuevo laredo

Nuevo Laredo Apr 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM

i just need to see a family member that will be waiting for me on the other side. i have a passport but i do not have a permit for my car. what can i do? And also i need to take with me 3 large bags. can i pass to the other side with them?
      i need help asap pls!

more
    • from GDL to Uruapan

Guadalajara Apr 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM

how much is the bus ticket from GDL to Uruapan Michuacan? How many hours is it?

more
    • Gift Certificate

Cancún Apr 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Do you know where I can buy a dinner certificate in Cancun for a good restaurant...? My friends is getting married in Cancun and I want to send  them a nice gift :)

more
    • Tips and must do in Ensenada in 2 days?

Ensenada Apr 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

19 year old college daughter and I are going to Ensenada for 2 days tomorrow -- we are both outdoorsy, nature lovers, also both speak Spanish and love culture and meeting people. Not big shoppers. At home staying at a really inexpensive hotel or a nice resort. We are renting a car in San Diego and driving down. Already have hotel reservations. Thanks!!

more
    • PeterParkerS's Profile Photo

Chapultepec Castle Visit , Mexico City

Mexico City Mar 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I am new to mexico . I want to visit chapultepec Castle and Park on 29 March Saturday. Can anyone join me please .

more
    • House in Zihua

Zihuatanejo Mar 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM

I need a place to stay for about 3 months that has 3 bedrooms and a pool and allows a dog. Is there anything affordable out there?

more
    • Questions for current SMA expats/locals

San Miguel de Allende Mar 26, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Coming in for three days (May 22-25) from Guadalajara. From Atlanta, GA and will be spending a few weeks traveling around Mexico. Wondering what the "musts" are for my short trip to SMA. I love off the beaten path kinda stuff but don't wanna get outside SMA. Best weekend markets, street food vendors, bars and restaurants and local activities would be appreciated. If there is anything special going on for these dates, I would also love to know about them! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Concert Tickets

Mexico City Mar 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Considering going to Mexico City for a couple of concerts. Unfortunately Ticketmaster Mexico doesn't have great seats available. Is there a site such as Stub Hub, Ebay, etc. that would have tickets for concerts at the Auditorio Nacional?

more
    • GinetteM's Profile Photo

Crossing on the ferry with a 35 feel long motor home

Isla Holbox Mar 21, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Can someone tell me if we can cross the motor home on the ferry.
      We have already spend 5 month in our motor home in Mexico a few years ageo my question is about taking the ferry to get to Holbox..

more
    • CROSSING TO USA BY TAXI

Nuevo Laredo 3 hours ago

IS IT POSSIBLE TO CROSS THE BORDER OF MEXICO USA BY TAXI FROM NEUVO LAREDO,MEXICO TO LAREDO,TEXAS,USA.

more
    • Pesos how much to bring for a weeks stay?

Puerto Vallarta Apr 11, 2014 at 9:53 PM

How much money to bring for a weeks stay in PV

more
    • maryabbey@att.net

Progreso Apr 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Does Progreso take American dollars?
      What beach can I find seashells?

more
    • fishing in playa Del Carmen

Playa del Carmen Mar 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM

If staying at campground at xel-ha are you able
      To put your boat in the water easy. Can you easily
      Drive on sand with truck??

more
    • PeterParkerS's Profile Photo

An Indian boy wants to enjoy the rich heritage and beauty of mexico city. Please guide.

Mexico City Mar 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Hi I am from India and I am new to Mexico City. I want to enjoy the beauty and rich heritage of mexico so that I can take beautiful memories back home, Friends please help me in planning my tour. I will stay 1 month in mexico, Thanks in advance.

more
    • Monterrey exepreince

by steroids1 Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

HAS ANY ONE BEEN TO MONETERREY THIS MONTH?

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM
    • How is the environment now in Monterrey?

by steroids1 Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I am traveling there with family and I have family over there but don't have a way to contact them. So it is basically a surprise. Is it safe to go and not have to worry about dangers?

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    • What is romantic place to be engaged in Monterrey Mexico

by RichardBVaupel Online Now Jun 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Romantic place to get engaged in Monterrey Mexico

1 Answer Jun 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    • Is It Safe To Vacation In Monterrey?

by alienandy Online Now May 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Is it safe to take my family to Monterrey for a week vacation? We will be staying in a nice business hotel near the Macro Plaza.
      There are six of us. Should we hire a taxi driver? We want to visit places and restaurants. We also have a little family nearby. We haven't visited in 20 years! How late is too late to stay out? Thanks for any feedback.

2 Answers May 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • IS IT SAFE TO VACATION IN MONTERREY MEXICO/

by alienandy Online Now May 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Is it safe to vacation in Monterrey Mexico? I will be staying in a nice hotel by the Macroplaza with my husband mom and three teens. Is it safe to hire a taxi driver for our stay. We want to visit places. How late is too late to be out/

1 Answer May 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    • Site of Old Ramada Inn

by exracer16 Online Now Mar 13, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I am trying to locate the site of the old Ramada Inn where I stayed back in the early 1970's. We used to race cars at the Autodromo de Monterrey and stay up on a hill north of town at the Ramada. It had a nice pool and a view back into the city but I can not find any reference to it or the location??

If you can direct me to where I stayed I would appreciate it? There was a large mountain behind it and barrio down below it.

Any help is appreciated.

• Safety Monterrey and Cancun

by Traveller1984 Online Now Sep 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Hello everbody, i'll fly to monterrey next weekend to visit some friends. How is the safety situation there in general? I'll arrive in the late evening at the airport and then i'll picked up by my friends! Are the streets safe for travelling on the highways by night? My friends told me, that it is not a Problem, but i still have concerns since i heared so many bad things are going on there! Does anyone could give me some tourist opinions about travelling to monterrey! I am from Germany and can not rate the situation. We also fly to Cancun for a few days...does somebody now how safe it is there??? Thanks in advance

4 Answers Sep 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    • Monterrey-Mcallen highway travel for Sept long weekend?

by santacan Online Now Aug 31, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Any idea how safe the highway has been over the last month? We went up in June but have not been up to Mcallen since. Just wondering where the best place to cross into Mcallen is.

• Driving to Monterrey

by hyoung01 Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 6:44 AM

I have seen posts but all seem to be a few months old. My in laws are moving back to Mexico this month and I would love to go see them around the holidays but want to know what the current conditions are with the cartel and carjackings. Thank you for any imput weather it be good or bad, just want to make sure that we and our children are safe while traveling.

1 Answer Aug 15, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    • I am wanting to travel Mexico

by josephjvsqz Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I am having to go visit my mother in law but the only way I could get there is on truck and I have a 2010 Dodge . but dont know if is safe to go in my truck my mother in-law lives in the mountains by santa rosa or magelles tamalipas. I wander if there is new us trucks travaling in mexico.

2 Answers Jul 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    • Safety concern

by kmcoyote Online Now Feb 21, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I want to travel to a clinic in Monterrey, México, March or April 2011. I would be flying and the clinic would pick me up at the airport. I would be staying either at the clinic or the hotel they use. What is the state of affairs regarding the violence at this time? How safe is it now?

2 Answers Aug 31, 2011 at 2:07 AM
    • CarSal's Profile Photo

Bus Service: Which is the best? From Dallas, Tx to Monterrey, NL..PLEASE HELP!

by CarSal Online Now Aug 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM

I plan to travel to Monterrey,NL from Dallas, Tx end of Sept. and need to know which bus company I should use. I have heard a lot of horror stories about buses breaking down in middle of night, bad customer service, bathrooms dirty and buses smelling bad. PLEASE HELP!
      This is the first time we are taking the bus. We have always driven in the past but, because of the recent bad news of hijackings we have decided to take the bus.
      Thanking you in advance of your help and opinions.

2 Answers Aug 31, 2011 at 2:08 AM
    • Travel from Laredo, TX to Monterrey, Mexico

by miller_cd Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I will be driving to Laredo on Monday, hoping to cross into Mexico on Tuesday to move to Monterrey. I was wondering if the roads at the border crossings were open or closed do to the storm? I was also wondering if anyone knew about the road conditions once I am in Mexico. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    • Flight to Monterrey

by themask Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 7:03 AM

I am travelling to Monterrey City from Manila, Philippines. My travel agent booked me on flight from Manila - Japan - Mexico City and domestic flight to Monterrey, but I haven't confirmed the flight.

My question is - Is there a flight that I can book that fly directly to Monterre via intl flight, but not transiting to any US state? I will be needing a transit visit if I go by any US state.

I am looking on a flight that will originate to Bangkok to Europe ( Madrid via Spanair) and saw some flight directly to Monterrey. Any tips?

2) Worst come to worst, is the Int'l airport near Domestic airport? Is the intl to domestic transfer convinient?

4 Answers Jun 30, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    • Newcommer

by carlanuila71 Online Now Mar 15, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I have been invited to a quincenera in Monterrey, Mexico near MacroPlaza, but I have never been in Mexico except for Tijuana and Rosarito. I am excited and nervous because I don't know what to expect. I would like to know where could my family and I stay at that it is not very expensive but still decent. Also, how difficult is it to drive around in this city since we are driving there from Arlington, TX. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    • Is it safe to drive from McAllen, TX to Monterrey?

by alexiam Online Now Mar 11, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Just recently, the US issued a warning about traveling between Monterrey and Texas, but my friend and I have already bought our tickets to McAllen. We are thinking of hiring a driver to come and get us and take us to Monterrey. Has anyone driven on the toll road lately? I know the US has a warning but thousands of people travel this road everyday, and I want to know, realistically, how safe it is. We would be going on the Mission bridge to avoid Reynosa completely.

4 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    • place to rent near TEC

by mgomezlucero Online Now Nov 26, 2009 at 8:57 AM

I am going to Monterrey from January 11th to February 22th (6 weeks), and I will be working in the TEC (Tecnológico de Monterrey). I am looking for some place to rent at walking distance from TEC. I would prefer to have a kitchen.

Thank you very much,

Mauro

4 Answers Nov 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    • Spanish Classes

by Fe-lix Online Now Aug 26, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Hi! I just moved to Monterrey and I would like to learn Spanish. But I do not want to go to those (quite expensive) language schools they have over here (berlitz etc). Does anybody know a good and affordable Spanish teacher?? I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Fe-lix

5 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 5:46 AM
    • Monterrey to Mexico city

by guissel07 Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 1:31 PM

IM PLANNING ON FLIGHTING FROM MONTERRY TO MEXICO CITY DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES?

8 Answers Jun 27, 2009 at 5:30 AM
    • deloscondes's Profile Photo

Skybus

by deloscondes Online Now May 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM

What is the closest metro station to the skybus terminal in the city. Cual es la estacion lo mas cercana al terminal de Skybus en la ciudad?

1 Answer May 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    • getting from mexico city to monterrey

by Sdas Online Now Apr 20, 2009 at 9:09 PM

hi. i'm coming from india to moneterrey in may end. i wanted to find out a cheap but quick way to get from the mexico city airport to monterrey.
      are there cheap flights or fast trains between the two cities?
      thanks. the help would be much appreciated

3 Answers Aug 30, 2009 at 3:48 AM
    • is it safe to drive from Monterrey to zacatecas?

by sonalva Online Now Feb 18, 2009 at 10:23 PM

My daughter and I are thinking about renting a car and driving to zacatecas is it safe? also how far is it how many hours?

2 Answers Mar 11, 2009 at 3:08 PM
    • Safe in Monterrey??

by rawgerod Online Now Jan 12, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Is it safe in monterrey. I know last time I was there a couple of years ago there i felt safe. Now with everything in the media im not sure . I have friends that went to school in the US but now live there and im going to visit them. They are from Monterrey and they live in a safe zone but im not sure what to make of it.

2 Answers Jan 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    • Cola de Caballo...

by diana0381 Online Now Dec 23, 2008 at 6:59 AM

I'm about to go to Monterrey for vacation and wanted to know if they charge to go see the Cola de Caballo if so how much. Thanks

1 Answer Dec 23, 2008 at 10:57 AM
    • Hours for Cola de Caballo...

by anaid99 Online Now Dec 8, 2008 at 10:53 AM

I'm thinking of visiting Monterrey over the Christmas holidays and wanted to see if Cola de Caballo was going to be opened those days. I would be in Monterrey the week of christmas and new years. If anyone knows please let me know, I would like to go see it while I'm there.

1 Answer Dec 8, 2008 at 11:45 AM
    • Concert Tickets in Monterrey

by twinwillows Online Now Oct 16, 2008 at 11:25 PM

I know this is kind of an odd question, but hopefully someone here can help me. I would like to attend a concert in Monterrey on October 29th. But I cant seem to find a place to buy tickets. Is there a website that I should go to or should I buy them at the door? I've never been to a concert in Mexico so I'm not sure how it usually works. I hope someone can help me before they're sold out haha.

2 Answers Oct 30, 2008 at 3:34 AM
    • Secure Parking is an important issue and hope to get a prompt answer.

by nstockton Online Now Oct 16, 2008 at 4:55 PM

I want a hotel with secure parking. I want to insure this hotel provides this amenity. Please confirm. Thank you.

1 Answer Oct 16, 2008 at 11:28 PM
    • centrally located hotel in monterrery

by ywings Online Now Jul 13, 2008 at 5:14 PM

My elderly parents (75) are going to a relative's quinceanera in Monterrey on 7/25, 26. The party will be at "Salon Los Leones" or something like that on avenida los leones? (They weren't able to give me exact details over the phone, I'll confirm this info once I see the invitation.) I want to reserve a hotel for them that is centrally located so they can walk to the plaza and the mercado but that is also close to where the quinceanera will be. Can anybody help me? Also, if you can provide info on taxis and how an elderly couple can avoid getting ripped off, any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

• asking about barrio antiguo in monterrey

by zeil Online Now Jun 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM

hey. look here's the deal..
      i'm looking for a place for my 16th birthday..
      something for guys of my age

• Give it a glance

by FelicidadDallas Online Now May 23, 2008 at 9:17 AM

I come from Greece and it's my first visit to Mexico. My plane lands in Monterrey and I have no idea how to get to Chihuahua, where I'm supposed to live in for a month. If you know any information concerning this matter please contact me!

7 Answers May 24, 2008 at 10:35 AM