Monterrey Travel Answers

change location
estudiante44's Profile Photo

bus from laredo to monterrey

by estudiante44 Online Now Nov 3, 2007 at 10:54 AM

is anyone familiar with taking a bus from laredo to monterrey? is it better to take one from laredo or nuevo laredo? is getting tickets, etc. pretty simple for someone doing it for this first time? any info would be really appreciated, thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: bus from laredo to monterrey

by latv Online Now Nov 5, 2007 at 8:44 PM

I'm originally from Monterrey and although I never traveled by bus, the answer to your question is affected by:

- do you speak spanish well enough to survive in a bus station? Even those here in the TX are NOT pretty nor well taken care of
    - do you have any time restrictions?

the first question goes for obvious reasons. In laredo you'll find someone that speaks english anywhere... in Nvo. Laredo, not necessarily.

Question 2 relates to the time it takes for buses to cross the border. It can take anywhere from minutes to hours (just like on the way back) so if you can skip that part then it's probably better.

Finally, maybe that's not an option anymore but if you can drive or have someone drive you it'll be worth it because you'll get to the final destination you are aiming for. Monterrey is big... I mean BIG so getting to the bus station is one thing, moving around in the city is a whole different endeavor.

Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: bus from laredo to monterrey

by texasskyy Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I recently traveled from San Antonio to Laredo to Monterrey. The trip down was very early morning in a Friday and was perfect. I left at 230 am was in Monterrey at 9 am. However the trip back was a nightmare. Was in a Saturday and left at 830 am. Was great to the bridge but then we spent 3 hours on the bridge. Two passagers had a problem and was to going to take 2 more hours. A total of 5 hour son the bridge. I changed busses and then that bus dropped off two passagers at some new plaee. Then went to the bust station for snacks and restroom break. It took 20 minutes........... then went across the street for lunch break. He said take 25 minutes but everyone was back on the bus and the driver took 45 minutes. Was just sitting inside wasting time. A lazy Mexican man. I arrived in San Antonio at 730 pm and was an 11 hour trip. Crazy............

Never travel on a Saturday afternoon or you will be sorry.
    Tom

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines