Monterrey Travel Answers

change location

Monterrey bus to Hidalgo (Mina?) schedule

by Gregory_Huey Online Now Mar 2, 2006 at 10:41 PM

Hello,
I'm planning a trip that will go through Monterrey to Hidalgo/El Potrero Chico to join some friends for climbing the week of March 18th. I'm looking at either flying into a Texas city like Laredo or San Antonio (from ORD/CMI) and taking a bus to Monterrey, MX, or just flying directly to Monterrey. Either way, I need to catch - so I am told - a bus called "Mina" to Hidalgo (directo prefered). I can not find any info online about the schedule of this Mina bus to Hidalgo. Some travel options get me to Monterrey at off-hours, like 9pm, 11:30pm, 4am, etc, and I would like to schedule the trip so I don't end up wasting a day waiting for a bus or such. If anyone has any day & time info on the Mina bus to Hidalgo, or knows where I can get it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Greg Huey

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MexTraveler's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Monterrey bus to Hidalgo (Mina?) schedule

by MexTraveler Online Now Mar 3, 2006 at 11:42 AM

There's a state Hidalgo in central Mexico and Sabinas Hidalgo which is another town in Nuevo Leon, for El Potrero Chico you want to go to plain Hidalgo, Nuevo Leon which is North of Monterrey towards Monclova. -just in case some one asks which Hidalgo-

If you are flying into Monterrey, the airport is in the North-east and a Taxi can take you to Hidalgo without having to go downtown (where the bus station is located) and probably just a few bucks more than going downtown plus the bus fare. I'm guessing the distance from the airport to Hidalgo is about 1.5 to 2 times the distance from the airport to the bus station, but no traffic.

If you arrive to Monterrey by bus, you'll arrive into the bus station and you can catch it from there.
    I can't help with the bus schedule but I doubt there's night service, plus the bus station is not in the best part of town, you should try to time your arrival early morning so you can catch a day bus which I'm sure runs frequently during the day.

On belay!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines