Monterosso al Mare

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mass Times

by mkarm Online Now May 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM

What time is Mass on Sundays in Monterosso al Mare?

7 Answers May 22, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • least challenging walk from train to one of the villages

by moosegrin Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I have an 80 year grandfather who wants to walk from the train down to one of the villages. Which village has the least challenging walk from Train to village?

4 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    • Train to Milan

by rustytash Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Is there a morning train from Monterosso to Milan? We have a 4pm flight to Germany to catch

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 12:56 AM
    • Veryseasonedtraveler's Profile Photo

How best to see in one day

by Veryseasonedtraveler Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Will be on a cruise in April to Santa Margherita. Thinking of taking a train to Monterosso. What trails are best if we can only do one or two? What about ferries? If we see only three towns, which are best? Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:04 AM
    • Cinque Terre over Easter weekend and night train from Livorno to Vienna

by c.heiss Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 10:37 AM

A three week adventure: Hi, my husband and I are flying into Nice for 3 nights then want to travel by train and stay in Monterosso, cinque terre for two nights, but it is Easter weekend. Will I be able to take a train on Monday, April 21? Heading to Lucca, with a stay in Tuscany for 5 days and then thinking of taking a night train from Livorno Italy to Vienna then onto Switzerland for the remainder of our trip and flying home to Miami from Zurich. Is this itinerary toooo much travel. We will drive in Tuscany and take trains the rest of our trip. Older active couple.

3 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • luggage storage

by timtoe52 Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Is there any type of luggage storage at the train station in Monterosso?
      We are checking out of hotel and then touring the other cities and returning to Monterosso to leave to Milan in the afternoon.

4 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • hotel pasquale

by jfordice Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM

have any of you stayed in the hotel pasquale? I'm interested in room two cause of the balcony. Been there? Think higher up is better for better window views? room 5 has a baclony too??

• Leaving verona airport by car to Monterrosa

by Maggieandhans Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Is it possible to park in monterrosa?

8 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 5:26 AM
    • american woman jewelry artist in Monterosso

by bmuse Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM

can't remember name of store of two american women artists, one a painter and the other beautiful silver chain jewelry in the old part of Monterosso around the corner from the church.
      Do you know them and do they have a web site?
      Thanks for the help. Barbara

1 Answer Jul 10, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    • transporatation between cruise ships at La Spezia and Monterosso

by NHnerdgirl Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 6:53 AM

How easy is it to travel to Monterosso, are trains/buses frequent or reliable. Don't want to miss my boat. Travelling this July.

4 Answers Mar 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

The Cinque Terre Hairball

by goodfish Online Now Apr 21, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Multiple questions here:

We'll be in Monterosso for 3 nights May 28th - 30th and will spend our first day in transit/exploring the immediate area and the next two hiking the trails. Current information is sort of all over the place (including rebuildmoterosso and savevernazza) so I've been using the park site as my main reference as it seems to have to more regular updates. It's still light on a lot of details, though.

We are, of course, interested in the #2 Percorso Azzurro trail. The sections from Monterosso to Vernazza and Manarola to Riomaggiore are open but the large middle piece between Vernazza and Manarola is still closed. That could change between now and then but I'm looking for a recommended alternative route between these villages as Plan B. Any suggestions? We do want to explore both Corniglia and Manarola so don't want a route that bypasses them altogether.

Also a question about park tickets: I can get two-day hiking OR two-day hiking/train tickets. I've seen recommendations to just buy individual train tickets in the village stations as needed but also saw this from one of the area rental sites:

"Any train station in Cinque Terre has offices selling both tickets and Cinque Terre cards but they have closing times during the day and anyway they all close usually at 19:00 at night"

Ok, so we could buy a few tickets in advance and get around that. For sure, we want to hike south from Monterosso to Riomaggiore and take the train back but unexpected trail closures, weather problems, etc could have us taking the train more than originally planned.

I assume tickets purchased for the train between villages can just be validated and used as needed?

And I assume I can pick up a train schedule at any of the major stations/tourist info offices? This would be a REGIONAL train, correct?

I do not see any other public transport option between villages, right?

CT Hikers, do you recommend the 2-day CT pass just for the trails or the trail/train combo? The difference between them is about 10 euro so I guess it's not a huge amount but...

Does the clock start ticking on park passes the moment they're purchased or not until you sign, date and use them the first time?

Thanks folks - this is just one of multiple locations we'll be visiting and the brain is on overload here. Oh, and if any of your have another favorite area hike(s) recommended for one of our two days, I'm all ears.

36 Answers Apr 23, 2012 at 3:40 AM
    • I am confused

by Ginit52 Online Now Mar 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I have been trolling through so much information about the Cinque Terre and am totally confused. Can anyone help? We are staying for 4 nighs in early May. Which town should we stay in and where should we stay? We are 60 and will be travelling by train from Santa Margherita and on to Florence. I have recently had a knee replacement I am fit but do not wish to walk up too many steps to a hotel with luggage. So...a good hotel near a railway station in which town?

7 Answers Mar 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    • High on a hill

by heathersworldnow Online Now Nov 5, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Hi
      We are looking at booking accommodation for 3 nights next April (2012). We have seen a place that is high on a hill and wondered has anyone experienced this. Is there a track or bus down to the ocean and how long does it take to get down there? We like the look of the views but how will we be able to get there from the rail at La Special?
      Hope you can help. All advice welcomed.
      Keen to travel...

18 Answers Mar 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    • rail to Cinque Terre

by gordoncamilla Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 4:11 PM

We plan to travel from Milan to Monterosso al Mare by rail in April. Which would be the preferable route, via Levanto or via La Spezia?

8 Answers Mar 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    • No Bookings

by nancyqq Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I will be in Monterosso for a few days in mid Sept. I have been trying desperately to find reasonably priced accommodations online but sadly have not been successful. The only accommodations left are the really expensive Hotels, which is out of my Budget. I realize now that I should've booked this way in advance since I've read some reviews where people have even booked 6 months prior. I will be there in a week or so and would like to know if it's possible to just get there and wing it. Would there be accommodations available with no reservations in advance? Should I cancel this part of my trip b/c of this?

Looking forward to your advice....Thanks!!

5 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    • Car rental in Monterosso

by Sundreamer_3000 Online Now Jul 5, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Bonjour!
      I am planning a trip in Cinque Terre in September. I will be arriving by Pise then taking the train to Riomaggiore. Then, will hike in Cinque Terre until Monterosso. Once in Monterosso, I would like to rent a car to cross over to Venise in order to catch a ferry to Croatie. I can't seem to find a car rental place in Monterosso that would allow me to drop it off in Venise. Any suggestion? Should I reverse my trip to arrive by Genoa then start in Monterosso down to Riomaggiore? Thanks in advance for your kind advice.
      Friendly,
      Sun

5 Answers Jul 6, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    • worldromer's Profile Photo

A la carte train, walk, boat versus Cinque Terre Card

by worldromer Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 12:36 AM

We plan a day from Genoa by train with stops at Monterosso, Veranzza and Manarola, then walk the trail to Riomaggiore and then boat to Monterosso and train from there back to Genoa. Much talk of the Cinque Terre train/boat card but not at all clear about:

1) Do we buy one ticket from Genoa to Monterosso round trip and then also buy a Cinque Terre Card that covers all locally all the above including boat ride?

2) Is there one single Cinque Terre Train/Boat card we use from Genoa?

3) One goal is to avoid having to queue up at local Cinque Terre stations to buy tickets.

Sooo, can we do it all from the Genoa train station?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    • Train Ticket

by stcyp Online Now May 2, 2010 at 6:28 AM

If I purchase a train ticket to Monterosso in Pisa airport which I plan to use on the direct train journey to Monterosso but if I miss that connection at Pisa Centrale can the same ticket be used on train from Pisa to La Spezia and then local train to Monterosso?
      Is it better to buy a return ticket and is there a discount for the over 60's! We arrive Pisa airport Friday, May 14 and return to Pisa Tuesday, April 18.

1 Answer May 2, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    • lengleng's Profile Photo

bed and breakfast on the beach

by lengleng Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM

hello all,
      Does anyone know of a beautiful bed and breakfast on the most beautiful beach in cinque terre? Is there a direct train from Rome to Cinque terre?What's the weather like first week of october?thank you in advance,lengleng

15 Answers Sep 11, 2009 at 12:54 PM
    • bettyo70's Profile Photo

HELP! 2 questions about Monterosso...

by bettyo70 Online Now Jun 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

1) Can anyone recommend where there is FREE PARKING in Monterosso in mid-September? Does it exist?

2) What is the DIFFICULTY LEVEL of the hike from Levanto to Monterosso? I keep getting different feedback regarding how steep it is.

Thank you / Grazie!

Betty

4 Answers Jun 24, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    • bettyo70's Profile Photo

Is there ferry service or water taxi between MONTEROSSO & LEVANTO (mid-September evening)??!

by bettyo70 Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to hammer out our travel plans in Liguria and wanted to know if there is ferry service or water taxis going from Monterosso to Levanto. This would be at night in mid-September.

Any help is appreciated. THANK YOU / GRAZIE!

2 Answers Jun 17, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    • Trains

by aherbert Online Now May 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM

We are leaving Monterosso on the 19th June 2009- travelling by train to Rome.the train leaves La Spezia Cantrale at 6.51. Is there an early train form Monterosso to La Spezia?

3 Answers May 13, 2009 at 7:38 AM
    • cdnagent's Profile Photo

Hotels in Cinque Terre

by cdnagent Online Now Apr 25, 2009 at 4:54 AM

I was wondering if anyone would have some possible suggestions as to hotels in Cinque Terre? Good location, clean and not overly pricey are the most important considerations. This is for a September trip 2009. I am very open to suggestions. Thank you......Jim

5 Answers May 27, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    • Ferrari Factory

by harrywill Online Now Apr 25, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Visiting Monterosso al Mare in May & would like to visit the ferrari factory in Maranello. Are day trips available by train or bus from Monterosso to Maranello & return

1 Answer Apr 25, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    • cdnagent's Profile Photo

Best airport access to Cinque Terre

by cdnagent Online Now Apr 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Hello forum,

Can someone tell me what airport that would provide the easiest access to the Cinque Terre area? If you have some suggestions as to the best way to get to and from that area, be it bus or train etc, I would really appreciate the help.

Many thanks
      Jim

3 Answers Jul 30, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    • No Answer

by harrywill Online Now Feb 21, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I have been sending emails to the Hotel Palme in Monterosso al Mare info@hotelpalme.org & info@hotelpalme.it for some weeks now to confirm a booking but I have not had a reply. I have also telephoned from Australia and received a recorded message in Italian (which unfortunately I cannot understand) Can anyone help and let me know if their is a problem with Hotel Palme. Regards Lance

4 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 5:59 AM
    • Looking for Name/Number of shop that sells silver rings in Monterossa al Mare

by poffcobev Online Now Feb 11, 2009 at 9:26 AM

In Spring 2007 I purchased a heavy handmade thick silver ring from a lady in a small shop on the old main street (heading away from the ocean on the right side). She made these rings in another village and sold them in her small storefront - she also had other jewlrey. I have lost the ring and would love to replace it. Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks!

• Food shoppng hours

by peterseares Online Now Dec 17, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Please can you advise me regarding shopping time for purchasing food in Monterossa in January 2, 3, 4, 5 in 2009

Thankyou, Peter

1 Answer Dec 18, 2008 at 4:37 AM
    • Cinque Terra - Monterosso

by skeeks Online Now Oct 25, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Planning on driving next summer from Nice, France to Monterosso in the Cinque Tera. Do you know how long the drive is? The hotel states 5 hours, but google says it's closer to 3.5 hours straight through.

4 Answers Oct 25, 2008 at 2:53 PM
    • Monterosso - hotel to train station

by yakman Online Now Sep 9, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Doe anyone know the address of the train station in Monterosso? I am trying to find the distance between Hotel Palme and the train station.
      thanks

2 Answers Sep 9, 2008 at 11:31 PM