Monterosso al Mare Travel Answers

change location

TRIGOSO

by falpha Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Hi There
Will be in Cinque Terre around August 26 2008, thinking of staying at either "My Hotel" or "Relais San Roco" any comments anyone. If we stay at Relais San Roco we would probably walk or ride to the closest town which is Trigoso. Question: Can we hire bicyles in Trigoso and is there a rail station there?

Thank you

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • GHIRO's Profile Photo

Re: TRIGOSO

by GHIRO Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 1:44 AM

Hi,
    I don't know Relais San Rocco, but I saw the map on its web-site and I have a suggestion for you: forget bicycles!

I spent some holidays in Moneglia (that is the village closed to Riva Trigoso beyond the tunnel) and I know well that the street to reach this place is rising, it starts to uphill at the first curve and will continue for 2 km (as indicated on the website)... bycicles are not raccomended!

I don't remember where is the station in Riva Trigoso (I stayed there many years ago) and you are right about the parking availability in the proximity to the station, but I think it is better to consider 5 minute walk (if you find to park not so closed to the station) instead of climb the hill by bycicle.

Have a nice holiday and enjoy 5 Terre!
    ciao
    roberta

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Monterosso al Mare