Monterosso al Mare Travel Answers

change location

Best parking options in July in Cinqueterre

by matterbob Online Now Jun 5, 2008 at 6:40 PM

We'll be arriving in the Cinqueterre on a Sunday afternoon in July. We are staying at a hotel in Vernazza. What are the best parking options for arriving in mid- to late- afternoon? (I know it would be best to arrive by 10-11.)
1) The Vernazza parking lot may be full by late afternoon. Try anyway? If it's a full, it's a waste of driving time.
2) Go to Monterosso and park there? There are two lots there -- a big beachfront lot and a lot further up from town called "Via Roma". Has anyone parked in either of these lots?
3) Has anyone parked in Levanto? Either at the train station or in another lot in Levanto? Have you parked at train station parking lot overnight?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • rubbersoul75's Profile Photo

Re: Best parking options in July in Cinqueterre

by rubbersoul75 Online Now Jun 5, 2008 at 9:38 PM

yes, i'd try Monterosso if Vernazza is full. I've parked there and it's the biggest/easiest of any of the 5-terre parking options.

Here's the summary of 5-terre parking:

Riomaggiore - there is a fairly new, multilevel garage at the edge of town. When you exit off to follow signs to the town, continue down and you will make a sharp left to the garage area. There is a booth and traffic arm. Pick up the ticket and pay here when you leave. It's not cheap, about 15 euro for the day. Get here early as I imagine this lot fills up quick in high season. Note, there were also cars lined up on the road down to town, before you get to the parking area. I didn't see any parking tickets on their windows.

Manarola - follow signs to the town and the parking area is before the town on the right. It is about a 1km walk down hill to the town. This one was a little cheaper than Riomaggiores. Again, it likely fills up quick.

Vernazza - has a decent size lot 500 meters above town. A shuttle bus connects the lot to town every 15 minutes.

Monterossa - The new part of town (to the North) has a large parking lot by the water. This is the largest town and the only one with car traffic.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sikorka's Profile Photo

Re: Best parking options in July in Cinqueterre

by sikorka Online Now Jun 30, 2008 at 9:05 AM

We parked our car in Monterosso, and we did not use it for 4 days of our stay in CT.
    This huge parking lot is located in a new part of Monterosso al Mare, the street name is Via Fegina. Coming from Lavento follow the turn FEGINA and right at the seaside you will see the parking lot.

Parking is guarded.
    The prices per car are:
    1,50 Euro per hour upto 8 hours
    12 Euro per day

Special weekly rate: 65 Euro

It's better to park there and do not worry about your car during the time you will spend in Cinque Terre. From town to town it's more convenient to take a train, a ferry or hike than drive.
    Street parking is also paid 1,50 Euro per hour from 8AM to 8PM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Monterosso al Mare