change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• activities for teenagers

by PatsWWTravel Online Now Yesterday

activities for teenagers

Looking to do hot air ballooning and paragliding for our teenager girls. Napa is not much favoring kids due to wines; can you suggest any other locations like Carmel, Monterey in CA for these activities?

If we go to Napa, what else can we do with our teenagers?

thanks

more
    • activities for teenagers

by PatsWWTravel Online Now Yesterday

activities for teenagers

Looking to do hot air ballooning and paragliding for our teenager girls. Napa is not much favoring kids due to wines; can you suggest any other locations like Carmel, Monterey in CA for these activities?

If we go to Napa, what else can we do with our teenagers?

thanks

4 Answers Yesterday
    • Weather and clothing needed?

by cheryl_lubik Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 3:17 PM

My 3 daughters and I will be in Pacific Grove Ca. on FEb. 6th to 10th . What is the weather like at time of year and what type of clothes will suit the weather?

3 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    • 17 Mile drive

by Lyn_Eggleston Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 5:15 AM

I am staying in Monterey next June on my way from San Franciso to Los Angeles. I would love to see the 17 mile drive but will not have a car. Are there any organised bus tours of the drive? I cannot find anything online.

8 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 5:52 PM
    • What to wear?

by PaulaRL Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I plan to visit the area in November. I'd love some guidelines for what is appropriate dress in bars, restaurants and shops in the area.

7 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    • Best places to stay in Monterey or Carmel-by-the-Sea

by nctraveler2013 Online Now May 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'm traveling from San Francisco to Big Sur with my 14 year old daughter. I know we will do the Monterey Aquarium-any good small hotel/inn suggestions? We like hikes, whale watching, strolling by shops and small, non-chain restaurants.

5 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • LUVMONTEREYBAYCA2013's Profile Photo

Trendy tourists ideas!

by LUVMONTEREYBAYCA2013 Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 6:11 AM

What is your favorite location to sit by and watch the surf? Where is the best place to search for sea glass near Pacific Grove, Carmel, Marina, Monterey and Seaside? Best place to see the sunset in this same area? Interesting free things to do in the area? Hope I am not asking too much. Thanks

9 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    • what to wear end of april

by laineyd77 Online Now Apr 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Im spending 4 days in Monterey, Carmel, and driving down to Bug Sur. Are jeans and flats acceptable or should i consider real hiking wear?

10 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Beach side hotel or Inn

by alycat Online Now Jun 27, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Can someone suggest a good beach resort/hotel/inn close to the beach along highway 1, anywhere from Halfmoon bay to Carmel for a couple? Something thats not too pricey and clean.

We are planning to stay for just 1 night on a weekday.

6 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    • pacific coast highway

by carlinka Online Now Jun 24, 2012 at 4:01 PM

can you suggest some dynamite highlights and really the best route to take to Fort Bragg from Monterey?

9 Answers Apr 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • Things to do in Monterey

by Will450 Online Now Apr 23, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I am planning on visiting Monterey at the end of June with my family (two girls, 5 & 8). Other than the usual (Cannery Row, aquarium, Big Sur) I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of what else might be fun to do. Also does anyone know where we could go tidepooling? The kids love doing that.

Thanks!

14 Answers May 28, 2012 at 2:32 AM
    • Oneill2905's Profile Photo

Monterey Visit

by Oneill2905 Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Hi, me and my Hubby will be spending a few days in Monterey in June, we are driving from San Franciso taking our time and then have the whole of the next day, however we are doing a whale watching trip with Sanctuary Cruises in the morining. We would really like to see some of the Big Sur, are there any look out points that we could drive to, to at least see some of the views? Is there anything else we should also squeeze in whilst we are there. We are driving to Yosemite the following day so really limited time.

Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    • Florepa12's Profile Photo

WHAT TO DO IN MONTEREY IN ONE DAY

by Florepa12 Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Hello everybody,
      I'm staying with my boyfriend in Monterey for one day and we wanna know what are the best activities to do to make the most out of it. Thank you for the tips!!!

7 Answers Apr 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    • What to do for a bachelor party in Monterey?

by cali2012 Online Now Jan 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Hi there,
      Myself and some friends are travelling to California from London, UK for a bachelor party. We then plan to drive down the coast, ending up in LA.

We plan to spend a night in Monterey or Santa Cruz. Whilst we are there, I would like some help on the best area to stay. Which location is close to all the action? Also, can anyone suggest activities we could do in the day, or night (bars/clubs etc).

There are the obvious things, like the wineries, but can anyone suggest things more tailored towards a bachelor party?

I've heard Big Sur is worth the visit.

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 31, 2012 at 8:48 PM
    • BIG SUR

by KKAAN Online Now Oct 13, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I AM COMING TO MONTEREY IN NOVEMBER FOR 4 DAYS, NOT MY FIRST TIME, I USED TO LIVE THERE YEARS AGO. I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE A CAR, AND I CANT RENT ONE. IS THERE ANY BUSES OR TRANSPORTATION AT ALL THAT GOES TO BIG SUR. I ONLY NEED A DAY THERE

2 Answers Oct 17, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    • First Visit to Monterey

by navymom2008 Online Now Aug 30, 2011 at 6:13 AM

My Finance' and I are arriving for 6 days in Monterey area on Friday, I have no clue what clothes to bring. I was thinking capris, Jeans and a light jacket? Also can anyone recommend resturants? And must see things to do.

7 Answers Aug 31, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    • driving from monterey to yosemite

by michelleinsydney Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM

we were going to drive down the big sur in april but heard it got washed away. Is it possible to drive from Monterey to yosemite? What is the quickest route and how long would it take? Would we need a four wheel drive: i heard there is a lot of snow at Yosemite. any other suggestions? we have rented a house in Monterey for a week, so need advice on day trips. We are a family of 4.

9 Answers Apr 5, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    • where to stay on californian coastal road trip

by michelleava Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 1:40 AM

We will be drivingg from San Fransisco to Cambria in April. We are most interested in wildlife, so our stops will be at Monterey, Point Lobos and San Simeon. We can't work out where to stay overnight. For example, is Point lobos close enough to Monterey that we could stay overnight in monterey the day we go to point lobos? Can we stay somewhere very close to Point Lobos? Should we stay in pacific grove instead of monterey because we can see otters outside the hotel? Should we stay in Cambria or san simeon or is there somewhere closer to the elephant seal rookery?

7 Answers Feb 24, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    • 17 mile drive

by b_ailey Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Thinking about doing it on a bike with my kid, does the 17 miles take you back to where you started, or is 17 out and 17 back?

11 Answers Feb 3, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    • silverspark7's Profile Photo

Inexpensive hotel with a view? Does it exist?

by silverspark7 Online Now Jan 4, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I'm looking to stay in Monterey the second weekend in August and am looking for a great room with a view without breaking the bank. I have fallen in LOVE with Monterey Bay Inn and the Spindrift Inn, but even with my AAA rate...it's still outside of our budget.Our high end is the low200s a night or hopefully below200 a night. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would even be willing to stay in Carmel. I haven't heard anything about the area north of Monterey—should I look there or is it not worth it?

Thanks for your help!

11 Answers Jan 25, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    • edcorsaro's Profile Photo

Trip from Monterey to Paso Robles

by edcorsaro Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 10:34 AM

What kind of drive is it from monterey to Paso Robles? My wife gets a little car sick.

7 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 12:08 AM
    • Place to stay in or near Monterey

by davidschmaus Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Hi, My wife and (11Y) son are going to Monterey the first week of April. We have friends that live there so will be spending time visiting with them. We have a place on hold to stay at the Navy Lodge for75 a night including tax. My wife was wondering if we should get a place a little nicer. I told her maybe we could find a nice place outside of Monterey. Maybe like a bed and breakfast. Any ideas? Thank you!

4 Answers Feb 14, 2011 at 8:08 AM
    • What to wear in late October? and a few other questions

by iloveikee Online Now Oct 13, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Hello,

I will be attending a conference in late October (23-28 to be exact) and would like to get some advice on what to wear for outdoors from local residents in Monterey.

Besides the conf, I will be taking a whale watching trip on Sunday morning, hope to see a humpback whale or two. Hopefully will have a chance to do some other activities (visiting the aquarium, sightseeing, etc.) as well.

What's the best whale watching co. to take the trip w/?

I'm also thinking about taking a short steam engine train trip to the beach? Will that be worthwhile? Or is that tailored for tourist mainly?

Mei
      from the coastal region of SC

3 Answers Oct 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    • What to wear?

by garveys2 Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 7:50 AM

We (mother/daughter team) will be in Monterey in early September 2009, right after Labor Day. We have not been to Monterey in 40+ years. We are having a hard time deciding what to pack and wear. We will be doing a variety of activities like, kayaking on the bay, a whale watching trip, going to the aquarium, shopping in Carmel, a coast tour, a Luau at the hotel, and some receptions. Are capris with sandals appropriate or is that too "summery"? Will short sleeve blouses work with long pants? or will be be cold? What are the average temperatures?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    • 17 mile drive

by jringhofer Online Now Jul 31, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I am a retired peace officer. I ride a Harley Davidson with other active and retired peace officers. Several of us will be riding the coast in September. We are staying overnight in Monterey and would like to take the 17 mile drive. I heard "a rumor" that motorcycles are not allowed. Is that so?

2 Answers Aug 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    • channah_123's Profile Photo

BEACHES IN MONTEREY / SAN FRANCISCO

by channah_123 Online Now Jun 26, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Still trying to plan our family vacation and we can't seem to make up our minds
      We're thinking either Monterey or San Francisco - we'd like to spend 2-3 days at the beach too -
      Are there any beaches in the area where we could actually go for a swim? That means we’d need to find a hotel by the beach obviously -
      Are there any day-trips from Monterey to SF that you know of?
      We'd be flying in from Toronto - thinking of staying in Monterey but would also like to see a bit of SF as well ...
      Please let me know if you have any suggestions -
      THX!

8 Answers Jul 2, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    • PorkTeriyaki's Profile Photo

Nightlife for the Over 50 Crowd

by PorkTeriyaki Online Now Jun 7, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I'll be on the Monterey Peninsula in late July. I like to go to night clubs, pubs, & taverns where ever I visit, but most are filled with people in their 20s & I feel so out of place. So I'd appreciated any info on where the over 50 crowd hangs out at evening; especially in PG & New Monterey.

3 Answers Jun 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    • Smoked fish

by sheybiker Online Now May 31, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Could you please tell me if Monterey has a open fish market that sells smoked fish, as much or as little as you prefer? I usually visit the fish market in Morro Bay each year but this year we are coming to Monterey.Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Can I get your reply as soon as possible, Please.Thank you, Sarah Wallace.

3 Answers May 31, 2009 at 5:19 PM
    • 2 days - must see?

by tatemiak Online Now Aug 19, 2008 at 1:10 PM

My hubby and I will be spending two days in Monterey and two days in San Fransisco. We will be staying at the Monterey Plaza and we haven't finalized our arrangements in San Francisco yet. Since we won't be staying long, I want to make the most out of our time. What are the must see/do activities? We will only be renting a car for the drive between Monterey and San Fransisco. We will be there in mid September. Thank you for your advice--this is my 30th birthday present from my hubby and the first time these Ohioans have ever vacationed without our children!

5 Answers Aug 25, 2008 at 5:46 PM
    • Seafood

by Nusha Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 11:51 AM

What is the best restaurant(not touristy) to get fresh seafood at a reasonable price? Where do the locals go? :-)

Thanks,
      M

8 Answers Aug 7, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    • Whale watching companies - any one better than the others?

by Nusha Online Now Aug 6, 2008 at 11:50 AM

I am planning on being in Monterey the last week in August and would like to take a whale watching tour but can't make up my mind regarding which company to go with. Any advice? I realize that there is no guarantee with any of them regarding actually seeing whales, etc...but I am guessing that there is some difference in the quality of service provided overall.

2 Answers Aug 6, 2008 at 8:51 PM