Monterey Travel Answers

change location

2 Day trip to Monterey in April

by Rod5 Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Hello,
I'm planning on visiting Monterey for a few days in April. I have my days planned with some golf and coastal drives. Can anyone recommend the best bars/nightclubs for evening drinks. I'll be solo so would like a place to meet people etc. thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Re: 2 Day trip to Monterey in April

by Ewingjr98 Online Now Feb 10, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Are you staying in Monterey? Also, what kind of place do you like... pub, live music, karaoke, classy, dance club, dive bar, etc? Monterey has it all.

Many of the most popular places in town are right along Alvarado Street downtown. Our favorite place for live music and people watching is the Mucky Duck. Another very popular place that often has live music or karaoke is the Brit, right across the street. Down a block you'll find a nice traditional British Pub in the Crown and Anchor. This are also has two dance clubs: Club Octane and Doc Rickett's Lab. There are also a few more upscale places like Lalapalooza's bar just for hanging out and Cibo's Lounge for live jazz. Monterey Live has live music most every night. Pool at Easy Street Billiards is one block away, and our favorite local dive is Alfredos. Yes, all of this within a block of Alvarado, and all relatively popular depending on the night of the week.

The area along Cannery Row and Lighthouse Ave also has a few decent places like Carbones, Pelican Tavern, Bulldog Pub.

Let me know if you have any questions, or take a look at my Monterey pages where I provide a lot more details on most of the these places plus a few other decent bars.

Joe

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines