Monterey Travel Answers

change location

new year's in monterey

by roxyb Online Now Dec 30, 2004 at 12:17 PM

my husband and i were going to go to yosemite for new year's but we'll probably end up staying here, in monterey, because of the rain. Does anyone know of something fun to do for new year's eve and new year's day in or around monterey, consider the rainy weather. Help

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

RE: new year's in monterey

by Ewingjr98 Online Now Nov 23, 2006 at 11:40 PM

I know this question was written for LAST new years, but I hate to see a question go unanswered. Even if it won't help you out, with New Years approaching, others may be interested...I personally have never spent a New Years in Monterey, but 06/07 will be my first. This website will certainly get all of us newbies started on our Monterey New Years plans:

http://www.firstnightmonterey.org/

I see a Festival of Trees in Carmel, a parade in Monterey, lots of music & dance, plus things for the kids!

Lots of other places like the aquarium have their own New Years parties (montereybayaquarium.org/vi/v.... Search the web to get some ideas.

As for things to do during wet weather? The aquarium immediately comes to mind... my second thought is bring an umbrella and warm clothes and see all of the things you'd normally see, minus the sunsets and scenic views across the bay... Historic sites, butterflies in PG, shopping, dining...why stay indoors just because of a little rain?

Joe

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines