Montego Bay Travel Answers

change location
satcha2's Profile Photo

Need advice

by satcha2 Online Now Jun 8, 2011 at 3:23 AM

Hello nice people i am an African travelling to montego bay holiday inn sunsetspree resort for 10 days in june so can you please tell me the best places to be night clubs,taxes and whether it is expensive.Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • dustmon's Profile Photo

Re: Need advice

by dustmon Online Now Jun 8, 2011 at 3:54 AM

I do not know much about Mobay, but if you are there for 10 days, you should definitely take a day trip to Negril, about 1 1/2 hour drive along the coast---beautiful 7 mile beach, lots of cliffside restaurants and bars, cool Jamaican people to meet!
    Another thing to do close to Montego Bay is Rocklands Bird Sanctuary---you can feed hummingbirds from your hand amid the gardens (check out youtube for info on this place)....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Need advice

by rummarc Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 7:44 AM

There is lots to do in Montego Bay. If you want to experience a night club popular with the locals try Pier 1 - that is off the strip. Other cool night clubs on the strip would include Margaritaville and Blue Beat. Blue Beat is personally my favorite. People are dancing having fun but tends to be less crowded and more chill.

In terms of food. You should not go to Jamaica and MoBay and not experience authentic jerk cuisine. There is a jerk spot on the strip called the Pork Pitt that I highly recommend - there you can get jerk anything (Well that may be an exaggeration, but its really good).

If your hotel does not have a beach, then I recommend that you go to Doctors Cave beach. Its a gorgeous white side, crystal clear water beach in the strip area of Montego Bay.

I hope that helps. Also if you want to know whats happening in Jamaica and the Caribbean then I recommend browsing a few Caribbean destination websites and blogs. One I recommend for good info is Rum and Relaxation(http://www.rumandrelaxation.com).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Montego Bay