Montego Bay Travel Answers

change location

Going to Montego Bay end of June

by ashley629 Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Me and 7 of my friends are going to Sunset Beach Resort for a week at the end of june to celebrate my 21st birthday. How far is this resort from the Hip Strip and whats the best cheapest way to get there if we cant walk it. Also, does anyone know of any good booze cruises?! Thanks =)

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Montego Bay end of June

by Dabs Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 6:47 PM

You can't walk to the hip strip, it's a very long distance, maybe 15 minutes or more by taxi. You can arrange a taxi with the hotel or I think at least one night of the week, they have a trip to Margaritaville from the hotel which included transport.

The Tropical Dreamer was a good booze cruise.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • planxty's Profile Photo

by planxty Online Now Jun 3, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I stayed at Sunset Beach a few years ago and they had a bus that went onto the Strip every evening and picked you up later.

Be aware, if you are on the Strip you are safe enough but do not go off it as it is dangerous.

Also, see my tip about Margaritaville and avoid it like the plague, it is awful.

Here is the link

Montego Bay Tourist Trap Tips by planxty

Hope this assists,

fergy.

• staminaman's Profile Photo

by staminaman Online Now Jun 3, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Hi Ashley re your query. Sunset Beach Resort is a nice reasonable quality hotel it's just 15 mins. away from The montego bay hip strip where there are lots of clubs and other activities. Also you can take the Sunset Beach Resort shuttle round trip for8 or use the the taxi service for20 one way seating 1-4 persons. Re the the booze cruise (lol) not sure about that one.
    Feel free to ask any other question regarding Jamaica at the email staminaman_gc@hotmail.com

• Re: Going to Montego Bay end of June

by ashley629 Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Ok, thanks so much!! How did you book the Tropical dreamer? Can I do it through the hotel?

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 9:11 AM

You can book the Tropical Dreamer and all kinds of other excursions at the hotel, we usually book a package through Fun Jet or Air Jamaica and they have a designated person there to help you. But there's also an excursion desk in the lobby that can assist you.

Make sure if you want to eat at the reservation restaurants that you book the 1st day when you get there otherwise there may not be availability.

We've stayed at Sunset Beach four times, most recently March 2009, I have some info on the resort on my pages

Montego Bay Hotel Tips by Dabs

• Re: Going to Montego Bay end of June

by profeserfox Online Now Jun 9, 2009 at 8:21 AM

not shure but check out moods strip club,crazy *** hapens there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Montego Bay