Montecatini Terme Travel Answers

change location

travel to florence and pisa

by thevillages Online Now Aug 14, 2008 at 7:44 AM

Can we travel from Montecatini Terme to Pisa and Florence in one day and what is the best way to go. Bus, train or car?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: travel to florence and pisa

by qaminari Online Now Aug 14, 2008 at 8:05 AM

You can, but I wouldn't recommend it. While (allowing maybe 30 minutes to get to the Piazza del Duomo/Campo dei Miracoli by bus from the station) you could spend just a couple of hours in Pisa looking at the Leaning Tower from the outside, with a quick look inside the Duomo, I don't see how you can possibly see anything of Florence in a couple of hours! In any case, they are in opposite directions from Montecatini (MT being in between the two, but closer to Pisa)!
    By train it takes between 1h03 and 2 hours from Montecatini Terme to Pisa Centrale via either Lucca or (longer time) Firenze Rifredi, and between 1h04 and 1h13 (all direct trains) from Firenze S.M.N. to Pisa or, of course, vice versa.
    There are also buses between Montecatini Terme and both Pisa and Florence (phone Lazzi in MT, on tel. 0572-911781, or see /www.lazzi.it), but I still wouldn't recommend you do both in one day. For Montecatini-Pistoia-Firenze the service is Blubus Linea A and takes about one hour; for Pisa I think you may have to change in Lucca (Vai Bus).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cmcard2's Profile Photo

Re: travel to florence and pisa

by cmcard2 Online Now Aug 16, 2008 at 11:44 PM

i agree - i would forgo pisa as it will be difficult to do both, and there is much much more to see in florence - pisa is basically the field of miracles if you are in a hurry, and florence is easily walked and lot of things do not want to miss - we have been to italy 5 times and just made it to pisa this time - always say you go, cannot see everything, and that is why you go back

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Montecatini Terme