Travel Answers
Monte Verde

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is cliff jumping at the Nauyaca Waterfalls possible in January?

Costa Rica Dec 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Traveling to Costa Rica at the end of January. My itenarary includes a trip to the Nauyaca Waterfalls. There is a place there to make a 75ft jump into the water at the base of the falls. During the time of the year when I will be there (dry season?) will there be enough water to do the jumps at the falls?
      Thanks, Brian

more
    • Is cliff jumping at the Nauyaca Waterfalls possible in January?

Costa Rica Dec 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Traveling to Costa Rica at the end of January. My itenarary includes a trip to the Nauyaca Waterfalls. There is a place there to make a 75ft jump into the water at the base of the falls. During the time of the year when I will be there (dry season?) will there be enough water to do the jumps at the falls?
      Thanks, Brian

more
    • wiz1's Profile Photo

transportation

Costa Rica Dec 20, 2014 at 5:18 AM

does anyone have information on car rentals at the airport and other locations around jaco. how much should it be? where is the best place to rent a car. also is there scooter rentals anywhere.

more
    • Transportation from Juan Santanaria International to Lafortuna

San José Dec 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I wondering what is the best way to go La Fortuna from the airport. My flight arrived at 3:45pm.

Marina

more
    • wiz1's Profile Photo

what type of money is used

Costa Rica Dec 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

what form of currency is accepted in costa rica

more
    • simiritch's Profile Photo

Driving in Costa Rica

Costa Rica Nov 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Hola!
      Ok, we are about to leave for San Jose, then Quepos, with a couple day stop in Cartago for work first. I am braving it by renting a car out of the airport. Two questions please:
      1. For some reason I am kinda nervous about driving in and around San Jose. I speak a bit of Spanish and normally I am an excellent driver (live in LA and have driven in many places). Are there any different rules or customs that will get me in trouble? Should I take this more seriously than just going for it?

2. My first leg will be driving from the main airport and then down towards Cartago. I see what looks easy in taking Highway 1 to Highway 39 to Highway 2. But I am looking at Google earth and see they have many alternate names. My question is if they post the highway names very well, or should I write down and look for every one of these Calles y Avenidas?

Should I just take a taxi! Or should I just not worry, It mostly makes sense????

Thanks ahead for any advise.
      Rich.

more
    • orokooyaro's Profile Photo

Costa Rica

Costa Rica Dec 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Anyone been to Costa Rica lately? Tips on road travel please.

more