Monte Rico Travel Answers

change location
Karen10019's Profile Photo

Transportation to Montericco

by Karen10019 Online Now Nov 7, 2003 at 7:25 AM

What's the best way [ most direct] to get to montericco from guatemala city? I am a woman travelling alone. Everyone I know who has been to Guatemala has advice for me. I've been told not to use the chicken buses, to shuttles or taxi's. with that said... My concern is getting there as quickly... or shall i say... directly as possible. I'm leaving in two weeks. I hope to hear from someone. Thanks karen

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation to Montericco

by cachaseiro Online Now Nov 8, 2003 at 10:52 AM

there is no problem with taking the bus. you will probaply meet other travellers on the bus too. it's getting quite popular. the last bit of the way you will need to take a boat, but the bus stops right at the docks, so no problem.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Karen10019's Profile Photo

Part 2 - Transportation to Montericco

by Karen10019 Online Now Nov 11, 2003 at 1:57 PM

Hi ... Thanks... Where do I get the bus? and where do I take it to? is it a shuttle? or is it a chicken bus? which is faster? and where's the best place to get the boat to monterricoo? karen

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Part 2 - Transportation to Montericco

by cachaseiro Online Now Nov 11, 2003 at 3:21 PM

i have the name of the town written down, but it's back home in denmark and i'm sitting in mexico right now. try to get hold of a lonely planet or a footprint guidebook. they will have the name of the town where the boat leaves from. i came from antigua and not guatemala city, so i don't know where to get the bus from. i would assume that you will have to take a chicken bus, but in the weekends there might be a shuttle as the place is very popular with well off guatemalans as a weekend retreat from the city.

• Re: Transportation to Montericco

by RForest Online Now Nov 18, 2003 at 9:20 AM

Hi, the best way is to get a Shuttle from Antigua to Monterrico USD$10.00 leaving every day at 8:00 a.m.

• sashaeve's Profile Photo

by sashaeve Online Now Nov 18, 2003 at 10:07 AM

I took a shuttle bus from Guatemala city to Anitgua and then a shuttle from Anitgua to Monterrico. Shuttles are safe and comfortable.

• sashaeve's Profile Photo

by sashaeve Online Now Nov 18, 2003 at 10:40 AM

I took a shuttle bus from Guatemala city to Antigua and then a shuttle from Antigua to Monterrico. Shuttles are safe and comfortable.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines