Montañita

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Quito to Banos - private car or van? Not bus

Ecuador Jul 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM

We are a "mature" couple and have ridden buses all over the world but now would like to know of options to travel Quito to Banos a bit more comfortably. We would greatly appreciate hearing of companies any here have used or know of with good reputations. who would drive us in a car or a shared van.

more
    • Whale watching in Mid september?

Ecuador Jul 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Can anyone suggest the best location to stay at to go for a Whale watching? Is the mid September a good time for going whale watching? It seems like we should select between Puerto Lopez, Manta and Bahia de Caraques. Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • kc4ness's Profile Photo

Point A to Point B, C, and D

Ecuador Jul 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I am planning a trip to Ecuador for this coming winter and will be visiting some with my niece who is in the Peace Corp. She lives in  Milagro Guayos near Guayaquil and I am curious about traveling by bus in that area and really all through out Ecuador. I plan on splitting my time in different areas and need a little feed back as to the best beach areas in Ecuador and cities of interest. I will be there for at least a month. I am 66 years of age.

Ken

more
    • mstirdivant's Profile Photo

Best Month to Visit Galapagos?

Galápagos Islands Jul 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hello!

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Galapagos. We are particularly interested in visiting during the Albatross nesting season, which we understand is from late March to December. We are able to visit next year in either late March or late May and are wondering if either of these is a preferred time to visit.

Thank you for your help!

more
    • Ecuador to Galapagos.

Galápagos Islands Jul 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Does anyone know if there is a boat rout to San Cristóbal Island from anywhere on mainland? Such as Manta, Puerto Lopez or Salinas? Thanks.

more
    • bug repelent

Galápagos Islands Jul 8, 2014 at 7:22 AM

what is the best bug repelent to use?

more
    • Car Rental

by rqoodworth52 Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Does anyone know if you can rent a car in Montanita?

2 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    • rain in montanita

by Belliv Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I don't like rain but seems there's quite a bit there. what's best time of year for little rain?

2 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    • How do you come from Montanita to Quito

by Ullajepsen Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM

How do you come from Montanita to Quito.
      My daughter was robbed in a bus and now she needs to go to Quito to reach the Danisk consulate.

1 Answer Nov 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    • How to get to Banos?

by kimbersf Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Hi all! I'll be spending a week in Montanita in late January and would like to then go to Banos. Is there a way to fly? My friends and I don't want to take the bus, but if flying isn't an option (or doesn't make sense), we would like to hire a driver. Does anyone know which option is better and how to arrange it?
      Thanks so much!

2 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    • Traveling while on a prescription

by jillyill Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I'm going to be traveling from the US to Montanita. I'm planning on being there for 6 months. I am currently on a prescription that I need to take every day. How do you obtain drugs in Ecuador?

2 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    • bus!

by joanie22 Online Now Oct 21, 2008 at 11:35 AM

And when pass the bus from montanita to guayaquil??? tk's

1 Answer Oct 24, 2008 at 3:03 PM
    • Muza's Profile Photo

Buying a surfboard

by Muza Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 7:07 PM

I would like to buy a surboard in Monanita, to avoid travelling beforehand with one. I know that they make Balsawood boards in Ecuador, but I need a shortboard, so am after the fiberglass or epoxy/tuflite type. Does anyone know if there are any shapers in Monanita or second-hand boards to purchase? And will I be getting totally ripped off by buying one there?

2 Answers Dec 12, 2007 at 7:25 PM
    • Surf Rentals and Hostel price

by sk8crazy_12 Online Now Sep 23, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Hey just curious how much it costs to rent surfboards in montanita? Also what is the average price for a double room in the hostels throughout the town?

6 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    • accomodation

by dentisto Online Now Jan 22, 2007 at 11:50 AM

for quiet clean accomodation in Montanita with hot water. Preferably a cabana. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. dentisto

3 Answers Mar 10, 2007 at 3:34 PM
    • Moving to Montanita

by surfer-girl Online Now Oct 19, 2006 at 9:30 AM

Hi All!

I am planning to move to Montanitas for about half a year so I am looking for any information anyone can give me! What should I expect to pay for a small apartment or place to live per month? (The cheaper the better) Eating costs? How is the nitelife? Prices? Saftey? etc. Is the water warm? Beaches clean? How is the weather from jan-june?

Any tips you may have would be wicked!!!
      Thank You!!

1 Answer Oct 29, 2006 at 11:42 AM
    • Ecuador_in_july's Profile Photo

Full Moon Party in July

by Ecuador_in_july Online Now Apr 22, 2006 at 2:19 PM

Does anyone know when the Full Moon party will take place in July in Montanita? The full moon lands on July 10th, which is a monday. I heard the party is usually on a weekend, would it be the weekend before July 10 or the weekend after?

much appreciated!!

2 Answers Apr 26, 2006 at 9:42 AM