Montana Travel Answers

change location

Great Falls

by pbdancing Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know if Great Falls is worth staying in and, if so, what is the best part. Also, are there any other small towns around there that might be nicer. Travelling in late May.

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Re: Great Falls

by Dymphna1 Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM

When are you going? There are a few interesting things in Great Falls. One is the Great Falls that took Lewis and Clark over a month to go around. There is a intrepid center showing what it was like. Then it is the home of the great western artist, CM Russell. The art museum is well worth the time. It features so many great western artists. I head up there to go to Mass, as it has a Latin in Black Eagle, which is a suburb of Great Falls. But the weather is usually not that great. The wind blows through there, because there are several mountain ranges around it. What are you interested in and I can guild you a bit better.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: Great Falls

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I would stay at either the Comfort Suites at Market Place or the Staybridge Suites in Great Falls. I think you will enjoy Great Falls but again my preference would be Helena as a place to spend the nighjt. The Comfort Inn is a much better value for the money and like the one in Helena I previously told you about it has a great breakfast and very nice staff.

However overall I would refer to the responder from Park City who lives in the area and may be aware of recent changes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Montana Travel Answer Locations