Montalcino Travel Answers

change location

Restaurants in Montalcino or surrounding countryside

by lindadook Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 3:42 AM

Hi, my husband a nd I are visiting Montalcino soon and would like and suggestions for informal, relaxed dining either in Montalcino itself or in the surrounding countryside. Any suggestions of vineyards to visit would be great also.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

RE: Restaurants in Montalcino or surrounding countryside

by Beausoleil Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 11:06 AM

Osteria al Giardino.

We were in Montalcino on a very cold blustery day in October and here is my journal entry for the Osteria al Giardino directly opposite a little park.

"We ordered ribolitta soup to start, ate their excellent bread with a delicious red wine and the waitress who had been chatting with us suddenly appeared with two bowls of zucca (pumpkin) soup “complements of the chef.” It was exquisite, smooth, creamy and perfectly seasoned. This was followed by an excellent ribolitta and then Ed got pasta with wild boar sauce and I had the rabbit and a dish of mixed vegetables. It was all done to perfection. We put Osteria al Giardino down as one of our “finds” and we’ll come back. The chef came out and chatted and as we left, he introduced his wife and newborn baby. All in all . . . a great Tuscan experience!

Piazza Garibaldi 10
    Bookings and Fax: 0577 849076.
    e-mail: osteriaalgiardino@virgilio.it
    Closed Wednesday.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hivaoa1's Profile Photo

RE: Restaurants in Montalcino or surrounding countryside

by hivaoa1 Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 6:50 AM

yes, vineyards go to visit Hubert Ciacci
    everyone knows him
    he produces brunello and other stuff, too