change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• BillyA12's Profile Photo

transportation

Bayeux Mar 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Is it possible take cab or bus to to STE Merle Eglise and UTah from Bayeux. I am doing a tour afternoon of omaha I am getting there early like to see these sights on my own

more
    • DDay souvenir

Bayeux Apr 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM

i was in a small shop in Bayeux and purchased a little glass jar with a cork lid. It had a metal plate on the front that said D-Day, June 6, 1944 and had an imprint of the allied flags. I used it for sand that i brought home from Omaha beach. I want more jars and can't find one online. HELP!!!

more
    • Train from CDG airport to Bayeaux

Bayeux Apr 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Can you tell me the best way to get from CDG airport to Bayeaux. I do not wish to hire a car.

more
    • Dropping car off in Bayeux or Caen

Bayeux Apr 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

We will be driving in Normandy starting from Giverny and ending up in Bayeux. I want to drop the car off in Bayeux and take the train to Paris where we will be staying for 3 nights. The question is can we drop the car off in Bayeux and get a direct train to Paris? I was told Caen would be better since it had more direct trains to Paris but also was told that dropping a car off in Caen can be a nightmare. Can someone advise. Thank You.

more
    • travel from Paris to Bayeux

Bayeux Apr 1, 2014 at 6:55 AM

I have a family of six from Canada that would like to do the Normandy and surrounding war sites. They do not want to take the train from Paris. Can you recommend a car/van service that would pick them up in Paris?

more
    • Cherbourg Easter

Cherbourg Apr 17, 2014 at 7:21 AM

What's open this Easter Sunday

more
    • Driving and winter temps

Vimoutiers Mar 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Hi there

We were thinking of spending Christmas in this area and was wondering what the weather was like there in December. Also, is it compulsory to have snow chains in France in the winter?

Panty other information would be gratefully received.

Angela

more
    • Getting to Caen airport

Caen Apr 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Hello. I was wondering if there was any way to get to and from the airport from Caen city centre apart from a taxi or car (will have no driver)? Many thanks for your help :)

more
    • NoelF5's Profile Photo

walking trails

by NoelF5 Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 4:25 AM

has anyone walked from Mont St. Michel to Chartres?

11 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    • ZlataP's Profile Photo

Travel in France - No car...!!!

by ZlataP Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I have NO car and will need to use Public Transport......I want to plan a trip to see Mont St Michel, Bayeaux (possibly??) I have a few days to spend. And then spend a few days in the Loire Valley -see the chateaux (but NOT overkill) and enjoy the areas. From there i would like to go to Provence (not sure where to base in Provence), but have about a week to spend in Provence. Any suggestions??
      I would greatly appreciate Thank you in advance....

8 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    • What hotels are in LaCaserne area?

by HonorBranch Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Our group is visiting Mont St. Michel on 9/24/13. I've read some unfavorable comments regarding the crowds and distances people had to walk to get to the shuttle. I also read if you are staying in a hotel/motel in the La Caserne area you can park at your hotel and just walk to shuttle, but you need to get an access code. We have reservations at Hotel Le Beauvoir because we could not get into Hotel le Relais du Roy. Is it in the Lacaserne area, if not, what should we expect? Honor Branch, Baltimore, MD

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    • Is there a tide difference tomorrow Saturady August 13, 2013

by Edusho Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM

From the Mont Saint Michel it seems that tomorrow there is not tide difference to see. Is that true?

5 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    • Strike at Mont Saint-Michel abbey this week

by micolett Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Due to a strike (and a long dispute...), the Abbey is closed to visitors, at least until wednesday. BUT YOU CAN STILL VISIT THE MOUNT!

4 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    • ImThere2013's Profile Photo

How Much Time?!

by ImThere2013 Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I'm sure this has been answered previously and I will certainly seek info from the actual site as my trip gets closer (11/13) but should I take one of the tours of the abbey or just spend a few hours freestyle? I don't want to tie up several hours with a tour---wondering if they offer a variety of tours or one size fits all? Thoughts, anyone? Thank you!

6 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    • ImThere2013's Profile Photo

CHOICES

by ImThere2013 Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I am planning a day trip from Paris to Mont Saint Michel---I'm seeking the fastest & quickest way to get me there--assuming that would be the high speed train that goes to Rennes & then the 37 mile bus ride to MSM--is that correct?
      Also, how do I coordinate my return trip via bus to train ---? Do the train/bus vary greatly during the non-tourist season?
      THANK YOU!!

23 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • Private car and guides

by SherrieKlein Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Are there any private guides that have a good reputation and will pick up and return to the Rennes station and give a guided abbey tour. I have pregnant daughter and we want to avoid the long bus ride from paris for a day trip to MSM

12 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    • Quickest way from Mt St Michel to Rennes

by carinepu Online Now May 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I am overnighting in Mont St Michel this Friday night and have looked at all the train/bus schedules to Rennes from where I HAVE to catch the 9h05 TGV back to Paris. There are no trains/buses available to get me there on time. Are there any other options or must I book a private car?

9 Answers May 29, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • Booking for tickets

by sgootblatt Online Now May 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM

We are independent travelers and want to know if we have to book tickets in advance to se Mont Saint Michel. Merci!!

7 Answers May 27, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    • JEN1865's Profile Photo

Mont Saint Michel overnight w/out a car

by JEN1865 Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM

What is the best way to do an overnight trip in Mont San Michel, to and from Paris? Please, no car!

14 Answers May 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    • TwylaG's Profile Photo

caen to MSM

by TwylaG Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM

are bus lines available from Caen to MSM?

1 Answer Mar 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    • Traveling from Angers to MSM?

by Lulu2013 Online Now Dec 26, 2012 at 6:05 PM

We will be visiting our daughter in Angers in April 2013. Is there a tour bus that runs from Angers to MSM? Thank you.

5 Answers Jan 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    • bradnwa's Profile Photo

Need quiet hotel near Mont St Michel

by bradnwa Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Most of the hotels appear to be on the road to MSM and unless the room is in the back, could be noisy. Le Beauvoir looks nice but the street view has it on the road. We will have a car.
      Any recommendations would be welcome.
      Merci.

5 Answers Jul 27, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    • Tides at MSM?

by ebuisson Online Now Jun 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I want to experience MSM with and without the sea water surrounding it. Do I need to base myself on the high tide schedule to pick my day to visit or has the new dam on the Couesnon already (positively) affected the water levels around MSM? I've heard that there are days when you see no difference between low and high tide (i.e., so can experience MSM with little water around it). Hope this post makes sense... and thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jun 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    • Trip from Poole to Cherbourg and then to MSM

by sheinaus Online Now Jun 3, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Hoping to do a round-trip with my family in one-day.
      Does anyone know of tourbus companies that run from Cherbourg to MSM and back in time to catch the return ferry to poole?
      Thanks much for any info...

2 Answers Jun 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    • transportation from Bayeux to Mont St Michel

by andapaige Online Now May 21, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I need to get from Bayeux to Mont St Michel. Is there public transportation?
      Would renting a car and driving be doable?
      thanks -

2 Answers May 21, 2012 at 5:25 AM
    • Info on Mont Saint Michel for a book

by lifeboats Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Hi all

I am hoping that someone out there will be able to help me.

I am doing some research on Mont Saint Michel for a book and I am hoping that someone will have the info I require. I am unable to get across to MSM until later in the year, but that means the book writing will be held up - so my question to all of you is:

Are the houses and other buildings in the Village still lived in by the locals or are they all tourist shops/hotels/restaurants?

If anyone can answer my question, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

3 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    • DickLaurent's Profile Photo

Best, fast, cheapest way to travel from Mont Saint-Michel to London.

by DickLaurent Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I'm doing my first trip to Paris and London later this year. I'm very interested in visiting Mont Saint-Michel. I was going to take a 14 hour tour from Paris to Mont Saint-Michel and back to Paris. However, I believe the tour bus drive to Mont Saint-Michel is roughly 4 hours long so there and back would make 8 hours of the 14 hour tour driving time.

I'm considering travelling from Paris to Mont Saint-Michel (via train and bus) and then staying the night there and then somehow travelling from Mont Saint-Michel to London to finish my vacation. Does anyone have any advice on this? It seems like travelling from Paris to Mont Saint-Michel to London would be faster then travelling from Paris to Mont Saint-Michel then back to Paris and then on to London.

What would be the best, fast, cheapest way to travel from Mont Saint-Michel to London?

16 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    • tour

by byfield Online Now Mar 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Is there a 3-4 day tour from Rouen that goes to Mont Saint Michel

3 Answers Mar 30, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    • Paris to Pontorson and bike to Mont Saint Michel

by vikramdoshi89 Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Hi

I wanted to know if there is bus connectivity from paris to pontorson (coz the trains are very expensive)...coz i want to stay in pontorson and bike to mont saint michel

thanks

8 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    • Shuttle services to Mt Saint Michel???

by magicalme Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM

We are planning our trip to Mont St Michel and can only find coach buses that have day trips, but we are spending 2 nights there. Does anyone know if there are any affordable shuttle services from Paris (Disney Paris) to Mt Saint Michel?

Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    • Going from Mont St-Michel to Rennes

by CarolPaj Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM

We are staying on Mont St-Michel on Sunday, April 15th, 2012 and have a 9:03 train out of Rennes on Monday the 16th. I am having trouble finding information that can get us there on time. Would renting a car be the best from Mont St-Michel to get to Rennes for that early morning train to Amsterdam? Help!!!

4 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    • Mont St Michel to Bayeux

by griffin2011 Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Does anyone know how to get to Bayeux or Caens from Mont St Michel by public transportation or if there is a shuttle service? The trains seem to not be working at the moment.

6 Answers Nov 2, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    • Mont Saint Michel to Saint Malo

by rochie557 Online Now Oct 8, 2011 at 8:41 AM

i am comtemplating spending overnight 17 Nov in MSM, then go over Saint Malo to walk around the rampants on 18 Nov before travelling back to Paris. I cant seem to find bus schedule information from MSM to Saint Malo. Can someone please advise?

9 Answers Oct 10, 2011 at 2:14 AM
    • VDElvis's Profile Photo

Granville to Mont Saint Michel

by VDElvis Online Now May 31, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Hi there,

We will be at a wedding in Granville in early July and would like to visit Mont Saint Michel on one of our spare days. We're taking a train to Granville from Paris so we will not have a car.

Does anyone know the best way to get to MSM from Granville using train/bus? Is it a big hassle to get there without a car? If necessary I could look into renting a car, but if public transit is easy enough, I would prefer that.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Answers Jun 1, 2011 at 2:31 AM
    • Reservations to visit Mont St Michel Abbey?

by ruben__ariel Online Now May 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Hi everybody,

My wife and I are going to visit Mont St Michel in September, and I wonder if it is necessary to book online a ticket for the abbey or if you can purchase the ticket when arriving. Also, we will spend the night in a hotel within the walls. Is there a time when the entrance is closed or we will be able to walk around (inside and even outside the MSM) until any time we want?

Thanks,
      Ruben

3 Answers May 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    • Access from Kent, UK.

by katehepburn Online Now May 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I'll be staying in Broadstairs, Kent in June. Was wondering if I could nip across the channel and visit Mont-saint-michel without having to go to Paris first. Also interested in visiting Bruges (?spelling) in Belgium. Perhaps the Eurostar might go to Brussels and I could go to these 2 places from there. Any suggestions please?

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

4 Answers May 4, 2011 at 4:05 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Distances

by SandiM Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Can someone who's walked around both MSM and the town of Beauvoir tell me please how much distance approximately is the Hotel Mercure from the Hotel St Aubert? I've done some research for buses from Pontorson train station and it says the bus will drop us off at the Hotel Mercure but not sure how much further the walk is to our hotel St Aubert. Google maps are incredibly useless for actual measuring...please and thanks!

4 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Disability Access

by Maryimelda Online Now Feb 19, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I need to know if there is any disability access to the Abbey /church please.

4 Answers Feb 20, 2011 at 3:24 PM