Mont Saint Michel

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Photography summer course?

Rouen Nov 15, 2015 at 1:32 AM

Hi, next summer (2016) I will be staying in Rouen for a week. I am looking for a hands-on photography course in Rouen. Can anyone please give me directions where to find more information? Preferably English spoken. Thanks! Best regards, Gertjan

• Sharonov's Profile Photo

How many nights for Cahors?

Cahors Oct 29, 2015 at 9:12 AM

On our slow journey from Collonges la Rouge, we're considering a stop in Cahors. We've looked it up and it sounds great, but when people are doing write ups of their own town they always make it sound great. So this question is for those of you who've been there--is it worth two or three days?

• Restaurants for New Year's Eve in PARIS?

Paris 6 hours ago

Hello! Me and my husband will be traveling to Paris for the New Year's. I've read a lot of reviews, advice and articles about choosing the right restaurant for the New Year's Eve — and I'm a little afraid to rely on some paid commercial articles offering Top-10 restaurants... The thing is that we do not want an overpriced, super-famous, crowded place. We don't even want any show, no Moulin Rouge or other type of cabaret. We'd love spending this evening in a very cosy, traditional French restaurant. Candles, small, good food, good wine, may be jazz/live music but not like a concert. Budget is around 80 EUR per person. Might be slightly more. I'd very much appreciate your advice.

• Airport Taxis

Rennes Nov 17, 2015 at 8:52 AM

We are due to arrive at Rennes airport in June 2016 after 20.00hrs. We have been told taxis do not operate at this time!
      Can anyone confirm please?

• ImThere2013's Profile Photo

Paris Nov 12, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Has anyone toured the recently open exposition "LE ROI EST MORT/THE KING IS DEAD?" Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

• silvia1700's Profile Photo

Bormes les Mimosas or Saint Paul de Vence?

Bormes-les-Mimosas Nov 7, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Hello there!
      I'm planning my 2016 vacation and I don't know if I should come back to Saint Paul de Vence(just spent the day last time I was there)for couple of days or go to Bormes les Mimosas(have not been yet). I have to chose one or the other. The little I saw of Saint Paul de Vence, made fall in love with it. Bormes seems beautiful as well...what to do???

• The Church

Île de Batz Nov 7, 2015 at 6:25 PM

What is the name of the Large Church on the Island and when was it built?

• Going to Taizé in May 2016

Taizé Nov 12, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Is there any group who is going to Taizé from 15.05 until 22.05.2016? For me it would perfect if you or your group is from Bonn/ Cologne or any other country near by. But also if you life a little more far away, i would be thankful if you write. Unfortunately it's not as easy as in holidays to find a group ;)

I would be very happy, if anybody answers me ;)

Greetings Anikapa

Is Carcassone worth two nights?

France Oct 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM

I know it's supposed to be touristy, but seeing a as how I'm a tourist, that should be OK. Or is it disgustingly cheesy. I'm in Rocamoudor now and like it. I liked Sarlat. How does Carcassone compare?

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Carte Vitale question / Strasbourg / Alsace

France Yesterday

Have tumor(?) issues. Have no Carte Vitale due error of German DAK. Spent countless time to get all the paperwork, only their (DAK) EU form whatever-number is missing, asked already twice: "we will send you it within 10 days".

The "10 days" passed at least 5 times.

Still, no EU-form-whatever (and thus no Carte Vitale). In the mean time the doctors in Karlsruhe and Budapest want me to see a surgeon "sure is sure, you probably do not have a cancer - but ethically we may not tell you anything else, just see a surgeon"

It's not a pleasure to see a surgeon - but:

1) How should I proceed with French authorities? The doctors want it to be done soon (even that I recall the tumor or what-not) being there for good number of years (if not for most of my life, but not 100% sure)

2) Any decent oncologist / urologist in Strasbourg?

3) How the French system works anyway? (Have no idea, except that I need that Carte Vitale what somehow I can't get even that I have a suitcase of papers - one from DAK is missing and they keep screwing it up)

Sorry, it's not about the travel - I am just kind of busy with all traveling, working, IT stuff, family and other things, have no time for crap like dying or so, neither mood, just in case... would appreciate some help. Thanks.

• What is the painting at Auberge de la Chapelle

Clamecy Nov 12, 2015 at 12:03 AM

What is the painting at Auberge de la Chapelle? who is the artist and what is the scene?

• Is it safe in auxerre

Auxerre Nov 8, 2015 at 5:13 PM

I am travelling to auxerre in November, is it safe to go out at night as a single female

• Czbloch's Profile Photo

Alsace Lorraine best villages?

France Oct 29, 2015 at 10:10 AM

We are staying in colmar for 4 nights, Strasbourg for 2 and Nancy for 1 before heading to lake Geneva, Switzerland next summer. What villages are the best to visit in the Alsace Lorraine region? Stopping in Mulhouse to see the car museum for my husband

• behappy30's Profile Photo

Holiday parks or similar with children

France Nov 2, 2015 at 11:06 AM

I'm looking for a destination for next summer for me and my family (2 adults, 2 four years old twins). We would like a nice place in France, England, Italy, Belgium or Netherlands, to spend three weeks there.
      "We" like pools or sea, easy hiking, play areas, nice landscapes, not-the-most-crowded-place in august, nice weather...
      Anybody can help me to find "this" place?

Is Carcassone worth two nights?

France Oct 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM

I know it's supposed to be touristy, but seeing a as how I'm a tourist, that should be OK. Or is it disgustingly cheesy. I'm in Rocamoudor now and like it. I liked Sarlat. How does Carcassone compare?

• The Taxi Service in Paris - Guides to book one.

Paris Nov 20, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Hello all,

I am planning to have a trip to Paris within a few days. But as I am new to Paris, I don't have any idea about how to get a taxi service. I have read some blogs in internet about taxi in Paris. But I need clear guideline from the experienced ones regarding the cost, booking systems, where to book and how they all about.

Thanks in advance,

With best regards :)

• KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

Navigo--- Urgent

Paris Nov 16, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Hi all,
      Does anybody know whether we may buy on line the Navigo (for tourists/one week period) and collect it from Charles De Gaulle airport, RER ticket office?

• Transfer from Paris CDG Terminal 2E to 2D with Check-in Luggage.

Paris Oct 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Greetings guys.
      My family and I will be arriving from Kuala Lumpur by Vietnam Airlines at Terminal 2E and have to check-in at Terminal 2D to London by Easyjet the same day on 6th Nov 2015. After collecting the luggage from 2E, how do I proceed to check-in my luggage to 2D? Where do I need to endorse my passport?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Wanzul WD.

• Botakjon's Profile Photo

Places to celebrate New Year's Eve

Amboise Nov 14, 2015 at 3:26 AM

Hi, like to know any restaurants open for New Year Eve celebration dinner in Amboise or Loire Valley on 31Dec2015?

Thanks your any help

• Adam_uk's Profile Photo

Porcelain/Lace Shop, Normandy, France

France Oct 29, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Hi, We are currently near Clecy, Swiss Normande, Normandy, France. We have been to several towns and villages, but not really seen many hand made products. We are looking for a shop/place which sells quality painted plates/hand made products. We are really looking for something to remind us of our trip :-) If anyone knows of anywhere that sounds suitable, please let us know and we will be eternally grateful :-)

• what do you propose?

Paris Nov 18, 2015 at 6:40 AM

should we travel to paris in the next 15 days?

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Land borders open?

France Nov 17, 2015 at 9:32 AM

What is the situation on the land borders with Germany? I am stuck in Hungary (as we know, French government officials asking for extensive paperwork for anything). I was complying with all the paperwork requests from the French government (and this is not very fast in Hungary or RU either).

While doing so we had the tragic events first with the airplane, than in Paris. The newspapers in Hungary report that the borders are closed - but now I have to travel back (by car) and have no idea, what is going on.

Will try to call the French Embassy but if any local in Strasbourg and / or Karlsruhe would tell what is the situation on the ground that would be helpful. I live in Alsace.

• is it safe

Paris Nov 15, 2015 at 8:21 PM

hey my son is going to paris in 2 weeks is it safe he is leaving from london by train

• Entering Mont Saint Michel when there is high tide

by Zennn Online Now Aug 8, 2015 at 11:50 PM

I am planning to visit MSM on September 2, 2015. On the official site it days that the height of the water will be over 12.90 by 10.25AM. I am arriving MSM at 10.45AM. Does it mean that the entrance be closed by water? How long do I have to wait to enter?

6 Answers Aug 9, 2015 at 2:21 AM
    • How much is it if we take a taxi from Mont Saint Michel to Rennes train station?

by henryyeee Online Now Jun 14, 2015 at 2:28 AM

My wife and me would like to visit Mont Saint michel in mid July 2015.
      We would like to look at the beautiful night view of Mont Saint Michel, however, there would not be any bus from MSM to Rennes at night. So, can anyone tell us, how much is it if we catch a taxi from MSM to Rennes? And is it hard to find a taxi at night? Will that be any other way to go back to rennes at night since my wife and me don't have a driving licence.
      We would be grateful for your information. Thanks.

7 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 1:46 PM
    • Transportation from La Chapelle-Fortin?

by kellylynncaldwell Online Now May 26, 2015 at 3:33 PM

I'm going to be in La Chapelle-Fortin in September for a wedding, and I would love to take a side trip to see MSM. What is the best (cheapest) way to get there from this location? I will not have a car.
      Also, I'm planning to arrive mid afternoon, and I'm debating as to whether I should stay there for the night, or go back across the bay to take in the night views of MSM. I'd love everyone's opinions. Thanks!

3 Answers May 27, 2015 at 2:29 AM
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

Best town/city for visiting Mont Saint Michel

by Grevil Online Now Feb 16, 2015 at 7:33 PM

We would like (2 people) to visit Mont Saint michel in early October 2015
      Can anyone tell us, the best way to get there from Paris by public transport?
      Would the weather be likely to be okay or is it too late in the season?
      Best place to stay near by when on a budget.

We would be grateful for any info. Thanks.

16 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 9:29 AM
    • Taxi Availabilty to Mont St Michel from St Malo and from Dol De Bretagne

by akt321 Online Now Feb 13, 2015 at 12:08 PM

My wife and I are planning to take a taxi from either St Malo or from the Dol De Bretagne train station at about 1 PM in May to go to Mont St Michel (no bus connections seem to be available at that time).

Are the taxis easily available in these cities to go to Mont St Michel or one needs to book one in advance? Any other related advice will also be appreciated.

10 Answers Feb 14, 2015 at 9:39 AM
    • Shuttle schedule to Mont St. Michel from Pontorson?

by travellover18 Online Now Jan 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM

We are looking to travel to Mont St. Michel from Paris via Pontorson on May 9 (Sat). Does anyone know how late the shuttle runs from Pontorson for that day? We won't be able to leave Paris until after 3pm so the high speed trains to Rennes and Dol De Bretagne won't work for us as the shuttles stop after 4:45 and requires us to leave around 2pm from Paris. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

12 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 1:11 PM
    • Visit to Mont Saint Michel in the evening?

by AaronM-NZ Online Now Dec 20, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Hi, we (wife and I) are planning to visit in May 2015, driving from Paris via Ponfleur, Normandy d-day beaches and so arriving at the Mont late afternoon. Is it possible to 'see the sites' of the Mont in the evening - I have heard about an evening tour but not found details of hours, or what time of year it operates...

We plan to stay the night, either on the Mont, and nearby on the mainland. Do you have any advice/recommendations?

6 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • ThiagoRamos's Profile Photo

Mont St. Michel on Easter day

by ThiagoRamos Online Now Dec 12, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Hello, my friends!

We´ll be in France in April 2015. I was checking our schedule and just realized we´ll be visiting Mont St. Michel exactly on the Easter Sunday.

Is that a problem? Is there any celebration that usually takes place there in this holiday?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards from Brazil!

8 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 10:45 AM
    • pubkk's Profile Photo

Need a suggestion on how to get back to Paris

by pubkk Online Now Sep 5, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Hi all

I'm planing an overnight trip to Mont Saint Micheal on 23rd to 24th October 14. My plan is to get the 7.00 am train from Montparnasse station and then catch a bus from Rennes to Mont Saint. I will stay one night there in the hotel close to MSM (Au Berg De La Baie). The next monring I will go back to Rennes and spend a half day there before going back to Paris. My questions are :

- Do I have to go back to the bus stop at Mont Saint Michael again to catch the bus to Rennes? Are there any other bus stops?
      - How can I know the time table of the bus ?
      - For Rennes sight seeing. Do you think 2-3 hrs is enough ? (I plan to catch 16.00 train from Rennes to Paris.)

Thank you very much.

17 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Access to Mt St Michel

by JocelynAguilar Online Now Aug 24, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Is it possible to access Mt. St. Michel either on high and low tide? Is there a bridge or something to do so?

6 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Mt St Michel in a hurry

by JocelynAguilar Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Hi, my flight will arrive near 10am to Charles De Gaulle, Paris and my next flight will depart on the next day (I must be at the airport by 6pm aprox). Do you think it will be possible to visit Mt. St Michel?

I was thinking of going straight from the airport to St Michel, maybe spend the night there and the next morning (very early) take the train back to Paris to walk a little bit near the Eiffel Tower and then go to the airport.

Please I need advise. Thank you!!!

4 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Parking - best time to visit

by papons Online Now Aug 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM

How safe is the parking at MSM? I will be parking a car full of luggage while we visit. Is it best to visit on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning? It will be early September.

5 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Spend night on St. Michel on Tour from Paris?

by schultz217 Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Are there 2- or 3-day tours from Paris to Mont Saint Michel where we can spend the night in St. Michel

6 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    • Tides for Sept 20th 2014

by nancygo Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Is it possible to use the shuttle service around 11am to
      get to the fort?

5 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    • St Malo to Mont St. Michel

by yatkiu Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 3:12 AM

We are planning to travel Mont Michel from St. Malo on 14th, Sept, 2014. As 14th is Sunday, I am wondering is there still a regular bus service running from St. malo to mont michel? Many thanks!

5 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 3:16 AM
    • Callbob1's Profile Photo

departing mont st michel

by Callbob1 Online Now Jun 20, 2014 at 7:23 AM

we would like to spend the day in Dol de Bretaine when we arrive from Paris (avoiding the daytime crowds at Le Mont), but see that there is only one bus from the TGV to Le Mont (1040) during the week. Is a taxi the only other way to commute to Mont St Michel later in the day, or is there a local bus system that can be used

Also, where can I find the bus schedule TO Dol de Bretaine from Mont St Michel for our departure to Paris the next morning

2 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    • length of tides

by liuta Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 10:13 AM

after the high tide comes in the morning for how long is the bay covered with water? approx how long is the bay dry?i understand there is another high tide in the evening?

8 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    • NoelF5's Profile Photo

walking trails

by NoelF5 Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 4:25 AM

has anyone walked from Mont St. Michel to Chartres?

11 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    • ZlataP's Profile Photo

Travel in France - No car...!!!

by ZlataP Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I have NO car and will need to use Public Transport......I want to plan a trip to see Mont St Michel, Bayeaux (possibly??) I have a few days to spend. And then spend a few days in the Loire Valley -see the chateaux (but NOT overkill) and enjoy the areas. From there i would like to go to Provence (not sure where to base in Provence), but have about a week to spend in Provence. Any suggestions??
      I would greatly appreciate Thank you in advance....

8 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    • What hotels are in LaCaserne area?

by HonorBranch Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Our group is visiting Mont St. Michel on 9/24/13. I've read some unfavorable comments regarding the crowds and distances people had to walk to get to the shuttle. I also read if you are staying in a hotel/motel in the La Caserne area you can park at your hotel and just walk to shuttle, but you need to get an access code. We have reservations at Hotel Le Beauvoir because we could not get into Hotel le Relais du Roy. Is it in the Lacaserne area, if not, what should we expect? Honor Branch, Baltimore, MD

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    • Is there a tide difference tomorrow Saturady August 13, 2013

by Edusho Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM

From the Mont Saint Michel it seems that tomorrow there is not tide difference to see. Is that true?

5 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    • micolett's Profile Photo

Strike at Mont Saint-Michel abbey this week

by micolett Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Due to a strike (and a long dispute...), the Abbey is closed to visitors, at least until wednesday. BUT YOU CAN STILL VISIT THE MOUNT!

4 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

How Much Time?!

by ImThere2013 Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I'm sure this has been answered previously and I will certainly seek info from the actual site as my trip gets closer (11/13) but should I take one of the tours of the abbey or just spend a few hours freestyle? I don't want to tie up several hours with a tour---wondering if they offer a variety of tours or one size fits all? Thoughts, anyone? Thank you!

6 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM

by ImThere2013 Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I am planning a day trip from Paris to Mont Saint Michel---I'm seeking the fastest & quickest way to get me there--assuming that would be the high speed train that goes to Rennes & then the 37 mile bus ride to MSM--is that correct?
      Also, how do I coordinate my return trip via bus to train ---? Do the train/bus vary greatly during the non-tourist season?
      THANK YOU!!

23 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • Private car and guides

by SherrieKlein Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Are there any private guides that have a good reputation and will pick up and return to the Rennes station and give a guided abbey tour. I have pregnant daughter and we want to avoid the long bus ride from paris for a day trip to MSM

12 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    • Quickest way from Mt St Michel to Rennes

by carinepu Online Now May 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I am overnighting in Mont St Michel this Friday night and have looked at all the train/bus schedules to Rennes from where I HAVE to catch the 9h05 TGV back to Paris. There are no trains/buses available to get me there on time. Are there any other options or must I book a private car?

9 Answers May 29, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • Booking for tickets

by sgootblatt Online Now May 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM

We are independent travelers and want to know if we have to book tickets in advance to se Mont Saint Michel. Merci!!

7 Answers May 27, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    • JEN1865's Profile Photo

Mont Saint Michel overnight w/out a car

by JEN1865 Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM

What is the best way to do an overnight trip in Mont San Michel, to and from Paris? Please, no car!

14 Answers May 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    • TwylaG's Profile Photo

caen to MSM

by TwylaG Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM

are bus lines available from Caen to MSM?

1 Answer Mar 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    • Traveling from Angers to MSM?

by Lulu2013 Online Now Dec 26, 2012 at 6:05 PM

We will be visiting our daughter in Angers in April 2013. Is there a tour bus that runs from Angers to MSM? Thank you.

5 Answers Jan 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM