Mont Saint Michel Travel Answers

change location

Tides at MSM?

by ebuisson Online Now Jun 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I want to experience MSM with and without the sea water surrounding it. Do I need to base myself on the high tide schedule to pick my day to visit or has the new dam on the Couesnon already (positively) affected the water levels around MSM? I've heard that there are days when you see no difference between low and high tide (i.e., so can experience MSM with little water around it). Hope this post makes sense... and thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Tides at MSM?

by Beausoleil Online Now Jun 27, 2012 at 3:41 PM

The tides differ in height and intensity according to time of year and phase of the moon. Here is the tide information (in English) from the Mont Saint Michel official web site. It will give you times and tell you when the best viewing hours are for either high or low tides. Somehow we've never managed to get there for a high tide and it remains on our wish list. We've seen moderate and low tides and they are beautiful in their own way.

BTW, if you plan to walk out during low tide, go with a guide. It can be dangerous.

ot-montsaintmichel.com/en/ho...

Enjoy your trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Tides at MSM?

by gwened Online Now Jun 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

walking into the MSM is done with a guide. the site tells you about the tides
    ot-montsaintmichel.com/en/ho...

come in now it will slowly change the welcome of visitors by 2015
    projetmontsaintmichel.fr/ind...

I just drove near there today. and again tomorrow; enjoy it
    cheers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines