change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• From Charleroi Airport To Mons

by franlous Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Hi everyone,

we are landing in Charleroi Airport with Ryanair on 15th July at 22:50 and we find there are no trains available at that time for us to go to Mons. Also L'Elan goes to Valenciennes trough Mons, but asked them via email if we could get off in Mons but they answered me that it was impossible. Any help about how can we get there? If not possible, any other city where we could sleep that night? We dont want to stay in Bruxelles because we wanna see it a few days after. Thank you in advance

7 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    • from Bruxelles to Mons?

by otchithienebook Online Now Aug 11, 2011 at 10:00 AM

hi everyone.
      I'm from Vietnam, i'm going to Mons next month. The first arrival is the air port in Bruxelles, and I don't know how to get to Mons form Bruxelles by train. Please show me the way in detail (the name of train station to Mons, the price and the time to start a travel). thanks so much!

1 Answer Aug 11, 2011 at 9:43 PM
    • Who knows about restaurants and friteries in Mons, Belgium?

by dlabye Online Now Apr 19, 2011 at 7:24 AM

I lived in Mons and Quevy le Grand in Belgium for almost 14 years, most recently in the 80's. In fact, I married a Belgian from Nimy 40 years ago this month!

I'll be bringing our granddaughter to Mons to see where her Dad was born (St. Joseph's) and lived. She lives in Arizona and I'll be joining her there to start our trip (I live near San Diego in southern California). I'd love to take her to a friterie. There used to be 2 I liked. One was on the Grand Place and one was on a steep street near the Beffroi. There was also a little Italian restaurant on a steep street off the Grand Place. Actually it was a house that was used as a restaurant. Does anyone know of these places and if they are still there? I see that Jade de Chine is still there on the rue d'Havre. Do they still serve nems that you eat by holding it in your hand with a leaf of lettuce and fresh mint inside.

If you have any questions about Hawaii, southern California, Arizona, Colorado, Washington, D.C., Virginia, Texas, Alaska, London, The Isle of Wight, the island of Elba, Normandy (Bayeux or Villedieu les Poeles), Dorset, Haworth In Yorkshire), the southwestern corner of the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, the English Lake District, The Netherlands, France (Paris and the Cote d'Azur) or Heidelberg. I've lived in many of those places and visited the others at least twice (and, no doubt others I haven't listed here). Till then - cheers! My e-mail address is dlabye@cox.net.

2 Answers Apr 19, 2011 at 8:42 AM
    • Where can I buy a charm from the city Mons?

by jmils Online Now Dec 4, 2010 at 2:59 PM

My sister lived in Mons 10 years ago. We are creating a silver charm bracelet for her and would like to include a small Mons charm - something that she may remember from living there. Any ideas? Where could I buy it?

2 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    • Live in Mons or Tournai???

by chace411 Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Hello,

I may be moving to Hainaut Provence and am torn between where to live between Tournai and Mons. We definitely would prefer to live in a 80-100 m2 apartment and have access to the city. We do not want to live in a house.

The wikipedia pages and pictures are not enough for me to tell the difference between…the amount of parks…trees and the slope of the surrounding land…i.e. rolling hills or just plain flat. I realize this is a tough question, but anything you could offer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

1 Answer Oct 31, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    • I Want to rent an apartment for 3 nights

by babeerass Online Now Nov 20, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Hello everybody. Is there any site for booking an apartment in Mons?

1 Answer Nov 21, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Tanks in Town 2009

by Drugness Online Now Jul 4, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Hello all
      I'm heading to the Tanks in Town festival in Mons at the end of August. It will be my first time attending :)
      Just wondering if anyone can offer me any advise which might be useful to enjoying the experience fully?
      I'm sure the crowds there will be huge and i've read online about a flea market, a re-enactment of the 1944 route into town by military vehicles etc.
      Just thought i would ask if anyone could advise me from personal experience what might be essential for this weekend, apart from lots of memory for my camera! :)
      Thanks a lot
      DG

Mons - Charleroi airport..

by Drugness Online Now Feb 4, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Hello all
      How easy is it to travel between Mons and Charleroi airport by public transport?
      Is there regular buses going to and from the airport?
      Thank you!
      DG

2 Answers Feb 5, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Guesthouses in centre of Mons?

by Drugness Online Now Feb 3, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Hello all
      I've been searching online and i can't find any decently priced guesthouses in central Mons... actually, i didn't find any guesthouses!
      Can anyone recommend any? And if so, is there a website for said guesthouse available? I don't want to stay in a hotel. A hostel is also acceptable :)
      I'm looking to book well in advance so i have some time to play with to find a place, with your help of course :)
      Cheers!
      DG

2 Answers Feb 4, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    • Breastfeeding Bra?

by jason8274 Online Now Feb 8, 2008 at 11:06 AM

My wife has just given birth and we need to buy a breastfeeding bra, a shop with a measuring servive would be ideal, please help.

2 Answers Feb 12, 2008 at 11:23 AM
    • MarieSHI's Profile Photo

Studying In Mons

by MarieSHI Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Hi,

I'm planing to go study in Mons, but I can't find any good and helpful information about any art studys online. Could anyone please tell me if it's possible to study art in Mons?

Thanks in advance :D

2 Answers Jun 4, 2007 at 6:40 AM
    • Info Needed

by KisJutka Online Now Oct 14, 2005 at 9:40 AM

My husband and I may be moving to Mons next year from Canada. I've been trying to find info on Mons on the web and the best information I've gotten has been from here! :)

But I'm still curious about a few things. Moving to Europe sounds wonderful, but my concerns are more about the day to day things that can drive you crazy:

1) Is digital cable TV/satellite TV/high speed internet available in Mons?
      2) Can I purchase English books and magazines easily?
      3) Is there a good transport system?
      4) How can we look for a house to rent? (And what's a good area of town?)
      5) Are there lots of things to do entertainment wise?
      6) Is it primarily French or Dutch?

Any other information would be appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

8 Answers Oct 19, 2005 at 6:36 AM
    • Picarello's Profile Photo

Restaurant in Grand' Place

by Picarello Online Now Sep 2, 2005 at 9:24 AM

There is a wonderful steak restaurant on the Grand' Place that does fillet of beef "sur pierre", on a hot stone. Can anyone tell me the name of the restaurant (left hand side of the grand buildings) and whether it is open on a Monday evening?

1 Answer Nov 16, 2005 at 11:41 AM
    • oneshadeofred's Profile Photo

New Years in Mons

by oneshadeofred Online Now Dec 21, 2004 at 10:49 AM

Hello, I just to moved to Mons from the US and I have a friend coming for New Years. We'd like to stay local but have some fun too. Are there any place that would be great to hang out at to celebrate the New Year? We just want an exciting and exhilirating atmosphere. Thank you.

4 Answers Dec 28, 2004 at 11:27 AM
    • Restaurant in Mons, Belgium

by kileysmom Online Now Sep 9, 2003 at 6:24 PM

I would like to know if a small restaurant just off the Grand Place called Les Vannes is still there and, if so, the hours of operation. I would like to eat there on Sunday evening, Feb. 15th. Thanks very much. Lee Jones

2 Answers Sep 10, 2003 at 2:22 AM
    • mons, be

by jmulvaney Online Now Aug 25, 2003 at 12:11 AM

things to do in mons

3 Answers Aug 28, 2003 at 8:16 AM