Travel Answers
Monastir

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Has anyone visited Tataouine recently?

Tunisia Apr 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Has anyone visited Tataouine recently? I would love to visit the ksours and villages (Chenini etc) in the surrounding area but I noticed this area as named in the 'avoid all non-essential travel' warming from the British FCO. Should we be concerned about this warning? When I posted a question on another forum recently someone replied that this area is dangerous and there have been a lot of riots recently but searching the internet I've failed to find anything about riots (expect back in January). I also noticed that other governments (Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada) don't specifically mention places like Tataouine, Douz and Ksar Ghilane in their warnings but rather just border area with Algeria and Libya and Tataouine doesn't seem that close to these borders.

If we do decide to visit would you recommend travelling there independently and hiring a taxi to visit surrounding areas or combining it into a longer 4WD trip from Touzier or Matmata?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

more
    • taxi fares

Gouvernorat de Mahdia Mar 26, 2014 at 5:13 AM

How much is a taxi to mahdia from riu el mansour

more
    • WEATHER IN TUNISIA IN MAY

Tunisia Apr 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM

hI,
      Does anyone know what's the weather like in Tunisia in late May? I'm travelling to Hammamet in 21st May. Is it hot enough to do sunbathe and spend a day at the beach???
      Tnx!

more
    • BarbaraC19's Profile Photo

Dreams beach hotel sousse

Sousse Mar 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I'm off to Sousse next week and staying for 21 nights. I am a single female traveller in my very late forties. OK I will be 50 while I am away..Any recommendations regarding places I should steer clear of or places I shouldn't miss. Thank you

more
    • Kaskais's Profile Photo

Just Book Excursions from Djerba are they Legit ?? Or it´s a scam ??

Tunisia Mar 19, 2014 at 1:08 AM

I´m trying to book some tours/excursions and I´ve come across with this web site justbookexcursions.com that have some tours all around the world and in Tunisia , they also have justbookhotels & transfers and they belong to some Turist Travel Association in the UK (they are registered as Just Book Travel Ltd) but I don´t find any reviews or anything on them....the company is new from the end of 2013 !
      Can some help me ?

Thanks,
      AC

more
    • Taxi costs

by Stacey2 Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Does anybody know how much a taxi costs, roughly, from Hammamet airport to Skanes, Monastir? Thanks

2 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    • CourtneyDarby's Profile Photo

Carpet not arrived

by CourtneyDarby Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Hello,

We purchased a carpet from "Toumia Shopping Center" on 2/9/13 and were expecting delivery during November '13.

The carpet is yet to arrive. Thomas Cook have been very unhelpful in trying to find out the progress of the carpet...

Any help?

13 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 1:55 AM
    • BalletBarb's Profile Photo

Problem with flight

by BalletBarb Online Now Oct 16, 2012 at 7:07 AM

My flight from Manchester to Monastir was delayed over 12 hours. I have complained to the airline who have acknoweledged receipt but have heard nothing since. How long should I wait?
      Should I contact my insurance company instead?
      Any help would be appreciated.

11 Answers Oct 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Emergency sun screen etc

by BalletBarb Online Now May 9, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I am only taking cabin luggage on my week's trip to Monastir and I think I may have trouble with UK customs if I try to put too much liquid (sun lotion, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, mozzie spray etc) into my little plastic bag.
      Is there a no-hassel fixed price European type shop in Monastir where I can buy these things on arrival?

15 Answers Oct 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Travelling light

by BalletBarb Online Now May 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I have booked a week in Monastir this September at the Monastir Center Hotel. I shall be carrying only cabin luggage, (one x 5kilo bag). What are the essentials for me to pack - eg mozzie spray, warm clothes for evening, swimming wear, hair dryer? I am a 73 year ols female travelling alone.

6 Answers May 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    • monastir to hammamet

by a.sobur Online Now May 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM

hi.
      can someone please tell me the best way to get from monastir airport to hammamet? (apart from a taxi) and how much will it cost me and how long does it take. thank you.

2 Answers May 22, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    • ogol's Profile Photo

APPARTMENT OR SMALL VILLA

by ogol Online Now May 3, 2009 at 1:00 PM

WANTED A SMALL APPARTMENT OR SMALL HOUSE FOR 2 PEOPLE BETWEEN 3 JULY -18 JULY IN MONASTIR AREA .

RUDY

• going from monastir airport to kesser hotel in sousse

by westyorkshire Online Now Apr 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM

five of us are tgoing to unisia next sunday.we have not booked tranfer or taxi from monastir airport to sousse (kesser hotel). does anyone know if we can go by metro/train from monastir airport to the resort? will some one help us to plan this route. for example, from airport walk to train station etc please!

5 Answers Apr 14, 2009 at 10:27 AM
    • What are the key bargains?

by Deidrea Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 7:36 AM

My husband and I are staying at the Sahara Beach Hotel next week a short holiday. (4 days)
      What are the best bargains to look for in the markets and what sort of price can I expect to pay for them?
      Is there anything that you wish you had brought back with you, but didn't?
      Also, what is a typical Tunisian dish?

2 Answers Apr 10, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    • Glasgow1's Profile Photo

Advice wanted

by Glasgow1 Online Now Aug 4, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Hi we are hoping to travel to Tunisia. We have 4 young kids under 12 years of age.

Can you please tell me how far is it from Tunis to Skanes Monastir. How much will it cost by taxi? We are hoping to stay in Tunis for a few days then travel to Skanes, Monastir, stay there for 7 days then return to Tunis in between we will do some sight seeing. Any help much appricated.

1 Answer Aug 9, 2007 at 6:58 AM
    • iseelu's Profile Photo

tunisia in august

by iseelu Online Now Feb 23, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Hi.I am travelling to tunisia 22nd august with my family.Could anyone answer a few questions for me.This is our first time here.We will be staying at the primasol golden beach .Does anyone know if this hotel does kids menu like burgers,Chips etc ? also is it warm on the night.Will light jackets be needed ? Is the water park easy to get to.Sorry so many questions.

2 Answers Feb 28, 2007 at 5:13 AM
    • Hotel Rosa Beach

by artisan Online Now Nov 11, 2006 at 8:08 AM

We will be staying at the Rosa Beach Hotel at christmas ,
      Does anyone know how much a taxi for 4 people is from the airport ?
      The hotel looks great has anyone else stayed there ?

• AgnesToma's Profile Photo

Short trips from Monastir

by AgnesToma Online Now May 17, 2006 at 6:06 AM

Two years ago I was to Sharm-el-Sheik, Egypt,for a week and I went in 1/2 day and one day trips with some local travel agencies. Can I do the same thing here?
      Cane someone recommend me some short trips from Monastir, even the prices you payed, and some suggestion for places to see and do.
      Thank you

2 Answers May 18, 2006 at 10:02 AM
    • atm at airport

by johnjo Online Now Mar 19, 2006 at 1:42 AM

we will arrive at monastir airport at approx midday 02/04/06 how easy will it be for us to get money and can we use our bank cards easy? has anyone used one of those cards from going places that you now use instead of travellers cheques?we are staying at the iberostar sahara beach do they have money changing facilities that will be open on sundays?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2006 at 3:26 AM
    • port el kantaoui

by mhe42 Online Now Feb 5, 2006 at 1:26 PM

hi.
      could anyone tell me what the weather is like in march in this part of tunisia.
      Thanks

1 Answer Feb 5, 2006 at 3:44 PM
    • Trips from Skanes/Monastir

by cattyratty Online Now Mar 15, 2005 at 4:57 PM

Hello,

I am going to Tunisia in a couple of weeks with my family and we will be staying in a hotel in Skanes which I believe is close to Monastir. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice about trips we could undertake from there? Having stayed in exactly the same hotel once before and stayed around Monastir/Sousse, we are eager to explore a lot further this time, but unfortunately a couple of members of the family can't be persuaded to stay anywhere else!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2 Answers Mar 16, 2005 at 2:45 PM
    • Women Travellers In Monastir

by Jessapph Online Now Apr 9, 2004 at 9:40 AM

Hi, In two weeks my friend and I are going to be staying in the Hotel Thalassa, Skanes, Monisir for a week. We're slightly concerned about getting hassled by blokes when going out and wondered if anyone has any experience/tips that might help us to avoid this. We've been told different things by different people so far, some say that as long as you cover up (don't draw too much attention) you get left alone, whilst others have said that women alone often get seriously sexually assaulted! Please advise if you can... Thankyou, Jess and Chantel

15 Answers Sep 16, 2005 at 9:34 AM
    • Sahara Beach Hotel, Skanes

by Carolep Online Now Mar 24, 2004 at 2:55 PM

Going to the above 4th April, anybody been recently? Travelling with my husband (he likes water sports and alcohol), my 17 year old daughter, she likes culture and not lying on the beach, my 14 year old daughter who loves the beach, the sun, horse riding and partying. Me I like anything but I am not a water babe. Out of curiosity, what is the minimum age for drinking ? I believe you cant buy chocolate, is this true ? Do I need to arm myself with a suitcase full as I will have withdrawal symptoms !!!!! Any advice on anything to help our stay in Tunisia be a holiday we will all enjoy would be much appreciated. Hope to get a few replies soon as time is fast approaching to our departure. Tara for now

20 Answers Aug 21, 2006 at 8:37 AM