Monaco Travel Answers

change location
JulesH's Profile Photo

URGENT!! English to French power point adaptor?

by JulesH Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 11:34 AM

A real long shot I know, but does anyone have any idea where my other half can get hold of an English to French power point adaptor in Monaco? He left all his adaptors in my case when I flew back to the UK from Geneva and he flew straight to Monaco. He's now got no way of charging his phone or laptop and is supposed to be working in Monaco all week! EEK!! He really needs to get one for tomorrow if possible. If anyone can point us in the direction of somewhere that sells them, excellent! If anyone in the Monaco area is feeling generous enough to lend him one, he will promise to return it on Friday! He's staying at the Hotel Forum if that helps. We'd really appreciate any help anyone can give us. Thanks in anticipation!

Jules x

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: URGENT!! English to French power point adaptor?

by qaminari Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I'm astonished that the hotel (or its business centre) can't lend him one, has he asked? If not, there's a FNAC in the Galeries du M├ętropole on Avenue des Citronniers, it sells computers, cameras, phones etc. and will certainly have adaptors.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Airport shops usually have these for sale too, if this cannot be located in town. Electronics goods stores should have them in town.

Depending on the laptop make and model, he might be able to get a new cord for his adaptor (I ended up having to do this once on a trip from Canada to Germany) - a bit more expensive than an adaptor, but when you are desperate...

• JulesH's Profile Photo

by JulesH Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Thanks guys. The only trouble about the airport or electronics shops is that they probably do French to UK, but unless it's a particularly touristy area they may not have UK to French in France. His hotel doesn't seem to be very well equipped either! However, we have tracked down someone who can lend him one for the week though, so panic over I think. Many thanks for your swift replies! :)

• qaminari's Profile Photo

by qaminari Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I disagree, most travel adaptors are in fact multi-country. I've bought all of mine in Belgium and they all have UK-continental plug conversion as well as the other way around.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Monaco