Monaco Travel Answers

change location

monaco grand prix - 06

by chambers007 Online Now May 13, 2006 at 9:39 AM

going to monaco grand prix - are there any women (or men)out there who could advice me on the dress code for the race day, as i dont want to underdress or overdress.
I know i have to wear the correct sunglasses! any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: monaco grand prix - 06

by sil55 Online Now May 14, 2006 at 2:04 AM

I have no idea what to wear either!!!I had planned to wear my regular sunglasses but since reading your posting it looks like I am going to have to buy another pair or risk ridicule in the Grandstand.I had spent enough money on this trip and I trust you will be willing to contribute towards my new sunglasses seeing as it is your suggestion?
    I have been looking at various pics on the web to see what other people have worn at previous Monaco GP's.It doesn't help.I bought a lightweight Armani summer suit which I am considering but in reserve I have light colour trousers and loose summer shirt.What about shorts?Cant decide!!!
    At the end of the day I think you need to take all your options with you and decide on the day,take a look at other people you think may be heading that way and choose accordingly.Not much help am I?
    I am driving down from Portsmouth to Le havre staying at Claremont Ferrand 25/5 over the Millau Viaduct and down to Nice.Back through Alps on 29/5 and then I will stay overnight in old part of Lyon.
    Will be wearing a Mercedes SL500!That is the only accessory certain to make the trip!Looking forward to spotting the best dressed lady in the crowd!

Nick

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines