Monaco Travel Answers

change location
wannagonow's Profile Photo

work and stay in monaco

by wannagonow Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 9:37 AM

i am goin to monaco at the end of july, for about 6 weeks. i am looking for work during that time, and have experience in bar work and waitressing. i also need somewhere very cheap to stay. do you have any ideas that could help me? first time iv travelled on my own, need some reassurance. or a travel companion if any1 is offering?!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: work and stay in monaco

by sebastienonthames Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 11:04 AM

Hi, Someone suggested you to walk up to the St Augustin train station. Although it is it is true to say that it is the straightest way to go to Monaco, I would not recommend it. The reasons are that it is a good 20 to 25 minutes walk(with your luggage), it is not well signed, and it can be very hot in July in Nice. On top of that, the area is a bit rough, the estate ”Les Moulins” is half a kilometre away from the station. You can always ask a taxi, but I don’t think he will accept you, as the station is too close. Get a coach to Nice and then another one to Monaco. I am from Nice, but I live in UK (Oxford). I will be visiting my family this summer so if you need someone who knows very well the place I would be happy to be your local guide for a day. Sebastien

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wannagonow's Profile Photo

Re: Re: work and stay in monaco

by wannagonow Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 11:26 AM

thanks, thats nice of you-i will let you know when my arrangments are finalised more! certainly dont want to drag a heavy suitcase around a dodgy area...thanks x

• StoneCold2u's Profile Photo

Re: work and stay in monaco

by StoneCold2u Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 10:09 PM

why are you going to monaco for just 6 weeks?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Monaco