Mombassa Travel Answers

change location

Diani Beach

by louise192 Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Hello

I am thinking of going to Diani beach in the next couple of weeks or so. There is limited availability left so was wondering whether to just pick a cheaper hotel and eat out once I got there. Does anyone know what prices are like to eact out in Diani, whether there is a wide range of places to eat/drink and what the weather will be like in April. I have heard it rains but wasnt sure this was more related to going on a safari. Thank you

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Suet's Profile Photo

Re: Diani Beach

by Suet Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 3:57 AM

You can buy your own food at the shops or eat out. My only caution is that hotels have to have certain standards with food, so they don't give the guests food poisoning. You may not have that standard in a local restaurant.

We went to stay at a beach hut in Diani right on the shore. Very basic, very cheap and no bed nets. We switched to another hotel. Please don't take that risk and please do remember your antimalarials.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • williamMega's Profile Photo

by williamMega Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Diani beach is excellent,I've stayed there.Pick a decent hotel according to your own standards.Don't worry about the food,if you have the time you can visit ukunda town and try the local food,just walking through the town will be enough to convince you not to worry about anything.
    The weather now is sunny,temperatures are quite high.

• sphynxxs's Profile Photo

by sphynxxs Online Now Apr 6, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Well, April means term breaks in Kenya, so many people go on vaccation to the coast and join the Easter peak tourism from abroad. You will find a number of restaurants in Diani. one really nice hangout for food or just drinks is 40 thieves. Depending on where you stay, you should be aware that you cannot just walk along tthe beach after dark and the roads are not all too safe either given the lack of traffic lights, so you might need a taxi from your hotel to the restaurant. I agree that street food might not be a good option, especially if ylou do not know how fresh it is prepared (and the roasted maize knobs turn boring after a while)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mombassa