Travel Answers
Mombasa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• From Mombasa airport to Diani or Malindi?

by tjcabell Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Hi, I'm arriving at Mombasa airport at 1:30 AM. At these hours, are there any transfer buses to Mombasa town? What would you recommend me if a I can't afford a taxi?
      Other question, how safe is Diani Beach? Is it safer to go directly to Malindi, Watamu or Lamu?
      Thanks so much!

5 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    • NadiaS7's Profile Photo

top 5 things to see

by NadiaS7 Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Hi guys! I'm traveling alone and don't have endless funds so what would you recommend? Places to stay and see...

5 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 4:34 AM
    • Need to Know ASAP

by 1mankind Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 7:30 AM

If flying from another African country to Mombassa will they require that you show the yellow fever shot certificate. If a person has his/hers yellow fever vaccination card but its not been 10 days since they had it before departure, what will happen? Will they deny you entry?

9 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    • alan.stanners's Profile Photo

The Long Rains

by alan.stanners Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I am going to Visit Diani Beach in mid May for two weeks with my children 15 & 22 years old, I have been told that I couldn't have picked a worse time because of the rains that last all day and all night. My travel agent is now stating that there is a 90% cancellation charge. Can anybody give me some positive advise ?

7 Answers May 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    • Mombasa June

by JenNicholls Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Has anyone been to Mombasa in June ? What's the weather like ? Me and my husband are planning to go there middle 2 weeks of June but worried that it is rainy season ? Don't want to be stuck inside all the time if on average it rains for long periods of time during the day .

8 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    • Mombasa-Nairobi

by Arviic Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Hello! I with my girlfriend need to get from Mombasa to Nairobi at first half of march, wanted to ask about best options...Train and bus will be cheapest, but takes a lot of time, than I thought maybe go by plane, 90$ per person isn't very much and it's a lot of time economy...but question is, maybe somone knows how much will be to get to Nairobi by car and driver, and fact is that we need to go only one way and we're just two, because if we were 3 or 4 IMO it was definetly cheeper than go by plane.... Thnx....

4 Answers Mar 2, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • EbonyFoxx's Profile Photo

Single Traveler

by EbonyFoxx Online Now Feb 5, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I will be traveling to Mombassa alone for 2 weeks in March.... Is it Safe to take Safaris and Day Trips alone? Thanks

13 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • Wafro's Profile Photo

Weather in April

by Wafro Online Now Nov 6, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Hello everybody,
      April should be one of the wettest months of the year in Kenya, but does it rain during the day or at night, can you compare it with the tropical rains (rain all day long) in central Africa? Iā€™m planning a Mombassa trip in April and it is too long ago for me to remember the local climate. Is it OK to plan a beach and safari holiday during this period???
      Thanks fellow travellers.

3 Answers Nov 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    • hikerroeland's Profile Photo

floating market Mombasa Dhow Cruise

by hikerroeland Online Now Jul 3, 2011 at 2:35 AM

ā€œ Mombasa Dhow Cruise ā€

Has anyone done this excursion?

Mombasa Dhow Cruise

Tour the historic Mombasa Island on a dhow cruise. This is a full-day activity that takes you to a floating market and other sights along the coastline.

What is it like and what would be the price?

Is it a nice excursion?

3 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • hikerroeland's Profile Photo

First time

by hikerroeland Online Now Jun 14, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Can anyone help me I am trying to decide to with hotel we should go too Leopard Beach Resort or Papillon Lagoon Reef ? Can anyone help to get it email address from Papillon Lagoon Reef? Is it possible to make one safaris From Diani beach? How is the bus connections ( and price) from Diani beach to Mombasa ? What are the things that we should surely see?

Those anyone know it email address from Papillon Lagoon Reef?

Can anyone help me ,if it is inresting to go on one day trips from Diana Beach Leopard beach resort..(end august) to
      1 Day Tsavo East National Park
      Day trip to Shimba Hills National Reserve
      one day Masai village Tour
      thank you

Roeland
      Ps and maybe the Malindi Tour

Any other sujestion ?

What are the prices like?

3 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 2:55 AM
    • TrvlAfrika's Profile Photo

Mombasa Airport Transfers to Whitesands

by TrvlAfrika Online Now Apr 28, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Jambo from Nairobi!

I live in Nairobi and travel many times to Mombasa...usually a friend picks me up at the airport, sometimes I grab a taxi outside the airport. I've inquired with a few companies here in Nairobi for approximate costs, and they were the Mzungu prices....I've lived in Africa over 15yrs and know better...any suggestions from Mombasa folks?? Asante sana.

2 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    • a few questions on attractions, saftey and buses ?

by westybeast Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 1:45 PM

can you get a bus to dar es salaam in one day - if so what the latest details please ?

what do you suggest to do in one day ?

can you walk around safely and to the island ?

thanks in advance

3 Answers Apr 13, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    • nyamburah's Profile Photo

Kenyans for Kenya!

by nyamburah Online Now Oct 20, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hi,my friends and i are looking for an awesome place to stay between the 29th Dec-1st of January preferably in Diani,Kilifi,watamu or malindi.Preferably at the beach, fully furnished and serviced or if not at the beach,it should have a very good pool but near an accessible beach.We are 18 in number and we want a place that can comfortably accomodate us.No hotels please!just villas and cottages.We are willing to spend maximum ksh24,000 per day for four days.We will cook for ourselves but we would like a cleaner or a washing machine.Its urgent and we will pay the deposit immediately we get a good place.Cheers!!

5 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • Zoonman's Profile Photo

Mombasa to Amboseli

by Zoonman Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Hi,

I was looking to take a bus from Mombasa to Amboseli, and it looks as though it takes around 8 hours. Has anyone done this trip? Is it interesting/scenic? Worth doing or avoiding?

Thanks

1 Answer Oct 17, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    • TrvlAfrika's Profile Photo

Mombasa Weather

by TrvlAfrika Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Can you tell me what the weather is like now....September 1, 2010?

10 Answers Sep 8, 2010 at 3:50 AM
    • alistermann

by alistermann Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 8:47 AM

I am coming to mombasa soon and would like to know how to get to bamburi (Kahama hotel)from the mombasa airport.I am not keen to spend 2000.00ksh or more for the taxi any other cheaper and safe option available.I will have 1 normal size bag.
      Thanks,
      A

3 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    • Would you know the e-mail adress for the New Palm Tree hotel?

by dbloede Online Now May 22, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Hello,
      Would anyone know the e-mail adress for the New Palm Tree hotelin Mombasa? I'd like to book there but do not know how to contact them. I could not find a web site.
      Thank you.
      David.

2 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    • April Weather

by boyd748 Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Hi we are thinking of going to Kenya middle to late April this year for a beach holiday.
      I see that this is the rainy season but how bad does it get.
      Does it rain hard for a short period and dry up quickly or is it dull and rains all day

7 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 5:30 AM
    • Children/Baby

by SuxieQ Online Now Apr 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM

My husband is 50 this August, so was thinking to treat him to a holiday in Kenya. Have wanted to visit for a number of years now, the only concern is that we have a baby,who will be two in June. Should we book or avoid?

11 Answers Oct 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    • holiday

by hughes84 Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Hi
      We are thinking of going to kenya for a holiday in june this year and we are worried about mosquitoes, how bad are they at this time of year and does anyone recommend anything

many thanks
      ph

6 Answers Aug 10, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    • Needles and Visa Costs

by clairecarly Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Hi we are planning a 2 week holiday too mombasa in november.
      I am wondering what needles we will need and the avearge cost of these? And also the cost of a visa to travel there?
      I thought it would be a good idea to ask someone whos been recently as travel agenst dont always know.
      Thanks
      Claire and Carlene

24 Answers Mar 16, 2010 at 4:07 AM
    • Mombasa in July

by nadalert Online Now Nov 26, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Hi,

I am planning to go to Mombasa for a month in July. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like at that time of year? I am a sun worshipper! :) Also, does anyone know what airlines fly to Lamu? I was thinking of spending a few days there. Or does anyone recommend any other areas that are nice to visit?

Thanks in advance!

19 Answers May 4, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    • Visiting Mombassa Town

by katiespr Online Now Nov 2, 2009 at 7:01 AM

We're going on holiday to Bamburi Beach again,(our 5th visit), in a few weeks time. Last time we visited was 2002.
      Back in the 1990's we could visit Mombassa by Taxi and walk around for hours without any worries. In 2002 we again visited Mombassa by Taxi, and were horified to find we were the only 2 white people in the entire street, and the asmosphere was hostile.
      We would like to know please what the situation is like now in Mombassa.??
      Is it safe to walk around, or is a quided tour bus the only way now to see the
      sites and shops.
      Thank You
      Katie

13 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    • pj2904's Profile Photo

CINEMA & BOWLING LANES

by pj2904 Online Now Nov 2, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Hi (again)

Whats the recommended way to get to the Cinema complex from Nyali Beach. How far is it?

Cheers.

3 Answers Nov 2, 2009 at 8:00 AM
    • pj2904's Profile Photo

DAYLIGHT TIMES IN MOMBASA

by pj2904 Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Hi,

Many thanks for all of your help & advice so far. What time does it get dark in Mombasa during November?

Thanks.

7 Answers Feb 23, 2010 at 4:09 AM
    • pj2904's Profile Photo

MOMBASA GO-KARTING CENTRE

by pj2904 Online Now Oct 25, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Hi,

How far is this from Nyali Beach? Will I need a taxi or can we walk there?

Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    • pj2904's Profile Photo

how much currency

by pj2904 Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Hi my partner and i are going to mombasa nxt month and was just wondering if anyone can give us advice on how much currency to take, were planning to do a one day one night safari and some shopping could you please advise us on how much to take thanks,

2 Answers Oct 23, 2009 at 3:08 AM
    • pj2904's Profile Photo

ADVICE ON CHOOSING A SAFARI

by pj2904 Online Now Oct 7, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Hi,

Were travelling to Mombasa (nyali beach) shortly and plan on taking a 2 night safari whilst there preferably staying in a tented camp. Can you guys recommend a reliable source (locally) where I can book this. Also how much should I expect to pay?

Many thanks.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    • pj2904's Profile Photo

NYALI BEACH HOTEL + MONKEYS

by pj2904 Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Hi,

Were staying at the Nyali beach hotel soon. What are the monkeys that live around the hotel actually like? Are they just naughty or more of a menace. I have read that given the opportunity they will get into your roon to find food!

Thanks,

2 Answers Oct 6, 2009 at 5:40 AM
    • weather in october

by elainelois Online Now Sep 8, 2009 at 3:24 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone tell me what weather to expect in Mombasa in October.

Thank you

3 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM