Mombasa Travel Answers

change location
Zoonman's Profile Photo

Mombasa to Amboseli

by Zoonman Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Hi,

I was looking to take a bus from Mombasa to Amboseli, and it looks as though it takes around 8 hours. Has anyone done this trip? Is it interesting/scenic? Worth doing or avoiding?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • sphynxxs's Profile Photo

Re: Mombasa to Amboseli

by sphynxxs Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 10:48 AM

you would probably have to switch busses in Emali, at least I´m not aware of busses heading directly from Mombasa to Amboseli. Or do you mean a tour operator bus? If you want to use public transport, you either have to find out whether there is ongoing transport from Emali, or you go all the way to Athi River, about 30 kilometers away from Nairobi, and from there to Namanga, the bordertown to Tanzania. I rather doubt you will find much oublic transport to Amboseli itself unless you catch a staff bus of one of the lodges and can hitch a lift. And in the park you need some transport to get around. As for the route, it´s nothing spectacular but gives you an impression of the changing landscape as you head from the coast along the Tsavos towards the Athi Plains. It´s all along Mombasa Road, the highway between coast and Nairobi.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines