Molokai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• musical entertainment on Maui

Hawaii (State of) Yesterday

I found online a George Kahumoku Jr. slack key show on Maui. Sounds like it would be good entertainment. Has anyone ever been to it? If so, what did you think? Did you do dinner and the show or just the show?

more
    • Mountain Riders Bike Tours

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Thinking of going on the Mountain Riders Sunrise Bike Tour, the day after we arrive, figure early pick-up (ie 2-3am)won't be too hard as we haven't adjusted to island time change. Anyways, reviews seem good and bad. We have three kids, aged 16, 14 and 11. Do you feel they will be okay on this tour? Will bikes be the appropriate size for them? Any opinions or helpful tips greatly appreciated. Thxs!!!

more
    • kahnjetta's Profile Photo

Hotel Choice

Lanai 21 hours ago

Which hotel would you recommend for Lanai, Hawaii? Has anyone stayed the the Hotel Lanai?

more
    • musical entertainment

Hawaii (State of) Apr 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM

We will be traveling to Hawaii and undecided at this time which island. Is there anywhere that has "Don Ho" or "Danny Kaleikini" style entertainment? Yes, we are senior citizens.

more
    • kc4ness's Profile Photo

Place to live?

Hilo Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I am visiting here in May to explore the possibility of living there permanently for a few years. I know there is more rain on this side of the island and it is windier also danger of tsunamis. From my research I believe that the rain is mainly in the late night hours and early morning. Is this mostly true? I know apartment rentals are also less pricey than the western side. I would appreciate any and all input, thoughts and ideas. I will also be checking out the western side.
      Thank you,
      Ken

more
    • restricted places

Honolulu Mar 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM

what is the most secure place that your not allowed

more
    • Traveling to Kihei

Kihei Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My wife and I plus our 23 and 18 year old sons will be in Kihei for holidays. Any suggestions on what (or not) to see and do? The same for restaurants? Thanks

more
    • Transports and prices ...

Honolulu Mar 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Hi !

I am a group leader of 25 persons an I need few answers about transports and their price :

- from the airport to Waikiki Beachside Hostel / 2556 Lemon Road ?
      - and from this hotel to the Wet n' Wild aquaparc ?

Thanks a lot !

Yannick

more
    • Road to Hana in reverse

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I have read it is a good idea to drive straight to the pools, then do the road in reverse. I don't know if this is a stupid question, but will I still be able to use the Road to Hana CD? Or will it be complicated, I don't want to miss anything.

more
    • Kauai Suggestions

Kauai Mar 31, 2014 at 12:09 PM

We are going to Kauai in a few weeks. Ideally we would like to stay in a laid back place with a pool on a sandy beach, with surfing nearby. Any suggestions?

more
    • Kona/Hilo, Hawaii

Hilo Apr 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I'm wondering if I"m able to fit all of this in, in one day. I'll be staying in Kona but would like to drive the Hamakua Coast, 4 mile scenic route and see Akaka Falls. I also would like to see Hiilawe Falls and Waipi'o Valley. Last stop would be Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and the Black Sand Beach. I know it's 2 hr drive from Kona to Hilo. Any information would be great.

more
    • First time visitor

Hawaii (State of) Mar 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM

As a first time visitor to the beautiful state of Hawaii, what is the best time of the year to visit the island and what island and hotel would recommend

more
    • restricted places

Honolulu Mar 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM

what is the most secure place that your not allowed

more
    • Maui vs Oahu

Maui Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I am 30 and my husband is 34. We have an 11 year old daughter and can't decide between Maui or Oahu for August. Please help!

more

Popular Molokai Travel Answer Locations

• Kalaupapa Mule Ride

Molokai Feb 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM

What is the best way to prepare for this adventure?

1 Answer Feb 15, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • place to stay

Molokai Jul 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I'm looking for an affordable but nice place to stay for two nights in molokai. Can you help me. Thank you.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
    • transportation

Molokai Mar 17, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Is there an airline that is a direct flight from Molokai to kaui? Also, is it necessary to rent a jeep instead of a car on Molokai?

2 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    • Mule Ride on Molokai

Molokai Mar 13, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Hi! I have some questions or maybe just need some reassuring on the mule ride to Kalaupapa on Molokai.

BlueCollar, I read your reply on my other post that the mule tour is excellent. I know that if I don't do it I'll regret it as I've wanted to visit Kalaupapa for a while now and have read a couple of books on the settlement and Father Damien. Everyone says the mules is the way to do it. I'm just afraid of horses and heights so this is a little unnerving for me. I know you can fly in to Kalaupapa but I really don't want to have regrets about not doing the mule tour.

Any reassuring comments about the experience you can offer?

11 Answers May 15, 2008 at 4:30 PM
    • Fishing on Molokai

Molokai Mar 10, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Thanks for the responses to my other post regarding accommodations. We've narrowed down the area we'll be staying at!!

Next question....Can anyone recommend areas for fishing? I know Molokai has some of the better fishing in Hawaii but are there certain areas/beaches that are better for shore fishing? Also, is there a guide or boat you'd recommend for reef trolling or shoreline casting?

Mahalo.

2 Answers Mar 10, 2008 at 4:41 PM
    • Suggested Accommodations in Molokai?

Molokai Mar 9, 2008 at 8:18 AM

We go to Hawaii twice a year and have experienced all the islands many times expect for Molokai and Lanai. We're so excited to be spending four nights in Molokai in April. Our airfare is booked, we just need a place to stay.

Not being familiar with the island at all, I'm wondering where most people stay. Seems like the 'resorts' are on the dry, west side. Would you advise staying there opposed the the east side or vice versa and why?

Seems like hotels are scarce. Is a condo the way to do it and is there a property/area you would recommend? I can tell you we aren't interested in the tentalows....I know others have said they love it but for our first trip to this island we prefer a condo or hotel.

After reading the fictional book "Molokai" I'm looking forward to the mule ride to Kalaupapa and learning more about the island. My husband is an avid fisherman so we'll be spending time doing that as well as enjoying the splendor of this island.

3 Answers Mar 10, 2008 at 10:46 AM
    • guided day tours

Molokai Jan 28, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Has anyone taken a guided day tour on Molokai?
      We found two day tours for Molokai. We will take the ferry over from Maui for either one. We found one that tours the whole Island and the other is a customized version of the island. Both run about the same amount of time. Any advice or observations for either one?

2 Answers Feb 24, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    • Molokai advice

Molokai Oct 16, 2007 at 12:07 PM

My family and I are thinking about a trip to Molokai in May or June of 2008 and wanted to get some advice. We've been to Maui (2000) and Kauia this past summer (2007).

What is Molokai like - pros and cons? We really enjoyed the mellow pace of things on Kauai's north end (Hanalea) and were hoping to find something similar on Molokai. We're not a big fan of the "resorts" and pretty much just enjoy hanging out on a nice beach and going snorkeling. We also enjoy the more lush / jungle areas of the islands.

Is Molokai a good place for kids - my wife and I will be taking our two sons - one will be almost 4 years old and the other will be 6 or 7 months at the time of travel.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 Answers Oct 22, 2007 at 11:44 PM
    • Molokai

Molokai Jun 13, 2007 at 9:59 PM

What year did this island not house lepers???

2 Answers Jun 14, 2007 at 8:33 AM
    • Molokai Vacation Rentals

Molokai Mar 29, 2007 at 6:06 PM

Has anyone ever rented a house on Molokai? We are thinking about having our wedding in Molokai and would love to rent a large house and possibly have the wedding at the house as well.

3 Answers Apr 14, 2007 at 11:31 AM
    • Molokaibound's Profile Photo

Backpacking

Molokai Jul 24, 2006 at 10:49 PM

I will be backpacking Molokai in a few weeks and was wondering what parks are actually camping friendly and have water, I have found alot of sites but they all conflict each other. Also I will be going alone, any particular places to stay away from?

1 Answer Jul 31, 2006 at 12:11 PM
    • first visit advice

Molokai Jul 22, 2006 at 2:21 PM

We will be traveling to Molokai next summer 2007....any advice on where are the best condo's and the best beaches to stay at? Also, how do you book the mule ride and how expensive is it? Are there any snorkel trips, etc..that are worth doing? Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 29, 2007 at 6:13 PM
    • renting a scooter

Molokai Dec 27, 2005 at 8:04 PM

Does anyone know anything about renting a scooter on Molokai? Where to go - price, etc.?

Thanks

1 Answer Jul 25, 2006 at 12:00 PM
    • recommended activities for children and adults

Molokai May 5, 2005 at 10:20 PM

Will be travelling with a family group to Molokai in July 2005. Besides the mule ride and beaches, what activities are available for teen agers and children 12 & under? Any other day trips around the island? Thanks!

2 Answers May 10, 2005 at 10:32 PM
    • Leper colony - mule rides

Molokai Jan 19, 2004 at 11:35 PM

Hi all I understand there is a fascinating trip you can do in molokai to see an old leper colony by mule. Has anyone done it? Is it worth the trip to Molokai alone? Is there much else to do on this island? Thanks all in advance!

4 Answers Jan 24, 2004 at 12:33 AM
    • 4wd molokai

Molokai Dec 15, 2003 at 5:12 AM

Hi, we'll visit Molokai in february and need a 4wd or pick-up for rent. Does anybody know a company which rent such a car. Thank you Beate

3 Answers Jan 7, 2005 at 9:39 AM