change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• CHOCOLATECALIENTE's Profile Photo

crossing border between Moldova & Romania

Moldova Jul 17, 2015 at 12:54 PM

I am planning to visit Moldova and Romania in mid September to early October. My plan is to fly into Moldova first, visit Romania, and return to Moldova. How easy is it to cross the border between Moldova and Romania? I've been hearing about border officials charging all kinds of dodgy "taxes" and "fees" at the border. I will be traveling by land (bus, maxitaxis). I am not required to obtain a visa to enter Moldova or Romania.

On a different note, do you know if it will be too late to see sunflowers in Moldova or Romania in mid September?

Thanks!

more
    • CHOCOLATECALIENTE's Profile Photo

crossing border between Moldova & Romania

Moldova Jul 17, 2015 at 12:54 PM

I am planning to visit Moldova and Romania in mid September to early October. My plan is to fly into Moldova first, visit Romania, and return to Moldova. How easy is it to cross the border between Moldova and Romania? I've been hearing about border officials charging all kinds of dodgy "taxes" and "fees" at the border. I will be traveling by land (bus, maxitaxis). I am not required to obtain a visa to enter Moldova or Romania.

On a different note, do you know if it will be too late to see sunflowers in Moldova or Romania in mid September?

Thanks!

6 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 8:27 PM
    • Who knows how you can book apartments in Moldova?

Moldova Jun 1, 2015 at 5:03 AM

Who knows how you can book apartments in Moldova?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    • travel.mania's Profile Photo

connection to Chisinau, Moldova

Moldova May 25, 2015 at 3:31 AM

Which city in Europe has good connection to Chisinau, Moldova? Is it better to travel by road from Odessa?

2 Answers May 26, 2015 at 2:41 PM
    • Funny Moldovan laws?

Moldova May 18, 2015 at 4:43 AM

What are some funny moldovan laws visitors should be aware of or would be interested in knowing?

1 Answer May 18, 2015 at 1:53 PM
    • Things you can only do in Moldova

Moldova May 18, 2015 at 4:42 AM

What are some things that are truly Moldovian?

5 Answers May 25, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    • places not to visit in moldova?

Moldova May 15, 2015 at 5:41 AM

3 places not to visit in moldova?

14 Answers May 18, 2015 at 10:59 AM
    • baltic_2005's Profile Photo

Travel from Bucharest to Chisinau and accommodation in Chisinau

Moldova May 10, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Hi, I am planning a trip to Romania for 2 weeks in June and wish to spend 3-4 days in Moldova.
      Can anyone provide me with more information on travel options from Bucharest to Chisinau and reasonably priced hotels in Chisinau? Any information on this little known - in Western Europe - country appreciated.
      Best wishes.

5 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 8:06 AM
    • highest paved road pass in Moldova

Moldova Feb 25, 2015 at 6:34 AM

I'm planning to ride Moldova with my motorbike in July 2015. I have been trying to find which is the highest paved road pass in Moldova. I know Moldova is pretty flat country but nevertheless it must has highest road. Italy has Stelvio, Romania has Urdele pass (Transalpina)...

Can anyone provide me this very important information.

Thanks in advance

Regards Ogi

• Looking for some information about rout between Iasi to Chisanu

Moldova Jan 28, 2015 at 1:21 PM

Hello,
      I'm gonna visit Romania&Moldova at august, therefore, I'm trying to understand is there any maxi taxi car between Iasi-> Chisinau? how much it cost? where can I found the timetable? how many stops it have on the way? (or there is stops at all?)

Thanks a lot! :)

4 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 1:44 AM
    • Passing through Tiraspol and Chisinau from Odessa to Bucharest

Moldova Sep 27, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Hi, I am planning a trip n Ukraine and Romania and I would like to know if there are chances that I would have problems (having to bribe, being arrested...) in crossing the borders between Odessa and Tiraspol, then bewteen Tiraspol and Chisinau and then finally between Chisinau and Bucharest.

4 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM
    • MartaiMarek's Profile Photo

Current situation & campings

Moldova Aug 28, 2014 at 5:05 AM

Hi, I am thinking of short visit by the end of September but I am a bit concerned regarding current situation in Dniestr surroundings. In polish press and on the web one can find some bad news (maybe not the riots but some actions going on). Is it safe to travel with own car all over Moldova (including Dniestr part)? I am thinking of ~7 days trip.

And second part of question - what should I expect regarding campings standard? I know western European ones with "everything on board" and others with only "space for a tent" on site ;)

1 Answer Aug 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • ger4444's Profile Photo

A map of Tiraspol

Moldova Jul 31, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Hello, does any one know where i can buy a map/ city plan of Tiraspol? Can i find one in Chisinau? Or in Tiraspol?
      Also, i cannot find Ul 25 Oktober in google maps. Does anyone know where it is located (what big street is near it?)

Cheers

Ger

5 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Cricova wine cellars

Moldova Jul 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I want to do a tour in the winery, the cellars of Cricova. I want a tour that permits the visitors to get out the car/van at the key spots such as the famous wine-tasting rooms. I don't want a tour only sitting in a minicar, racing through the tunnels, without getting out of the car. Any recommendations for a good you and a good tour operator?

2 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 6:06 AM
    • winery visit

Chisinau Jul 30, 2014 at 5:07 AM

how can i organise a b vist to Purcari winery
      how far is it from Chisinau
      tourist guide needed,?

1 Answer Aug 12, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Tiraspol: hotel Aist

Moldova Jul 30, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Hello, i am planning to stay at Aist Hotel. Anyone any experience with Aist Hotel? I don't expect luxury, i expect sovjet style. Yet, i am concerned whether my luggage will be safe there in my room as i leave the hotel for going in town... Any safe lockers? Can i leave my backpack in my room there?

Cheap, budget hotels in Moldova: what websites can i find them?

Moldova Jul 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Any websites that show cheap hotels in Moldova? (No hostels with dorms.)

3 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Epic flatbuildings in Chisinau

Chisinau Jul 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM

What is the name of this place, and where is it located exactly in Chisinau?
      See link:
      google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http...

9 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Warning and dangers in Moldova

Moldova Jul 6, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Hello, i am visiting Molova this summer and i would like to know if there are any warnings and/or dangers in Moldova. I also want to visit Tiraspol in Transdnjestria, and thus, i am wondering if visiting Tiraspol is dangerous. I heard for instance about bribes. Also, is it forbidden to take photo's of such things like the lenin statue or the tank monument? Is it true that at the border people can get difficulties to get outside Transdnjestria again?

3 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Recommendations anyone?

Moldova Jul 1, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Hello everyone
      I'm planning to spend about a week in Moldova and am wondering how much time is enough time in Chisinau? Would 2 days and 2 nights be enough? Can anyone recommend other places to visit outside the capital?
      I've heard about this city called Soroca, some sort of Roma capitalof Moldova. Is it safe to visit?

Also, I'm hoping to visit Transdniestr for a night or 2. It sounds very exciting! Has anyone been there?

Thanks everyone!

DG

5 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • Items to bring to Chisinau move

Moldova Apr 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM

My family and I are moving to Chisinau, Moldova and we are uncertain about what to bring to make our move more comfortable. I was told fitted sheets and all of our medicines. What if you have prescriptions that can only be filled one month at a time? Any good pediatricians for my kids?

1 Answer Apr 29, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    • living chisinau

Chisinau Apr 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hello,
      I will live in chisinau for one yoear and will work in a children`s home. Now I wanted to know if yoe can buy tampons in chisinau easly or not
      thanks

• Contacts of guides in Tiraspol

Tiraspol Apr 15, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Any contacts for English guides or travel agencies in Tiraspol please?

• Gluten free products

Chisinau Feb 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Any idea where I could find gluten free bread? I have found a few gluten free products such as cereals, biscuits, pasta and chocolate at the supermarket No 1 but wonder where I could find bread...

• ChrishanthaD's Profile Photo

Moldova visa - Can i get in on arrival ? we have no Moldova embassy in UAE

Municipiul Chisinau Sep 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Hi, i am also planning to visit moldova during december for 10 days. i work in dubai and we do not have a embassy near us. only options available is india and turkey. please advice me if i can get visa on arrival at moldova airport. I am a Sri Lankan passport holder and holding U.A.E. Residence visa. I am a Computer engineer and 27 years old. Please advice me on visa matter.
      thank you so much
      chrish@asdubai.org

12 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    • ChrishanthaD's Profile Photo

Moldova visa - Can i get in on arrival ? we have no Moldova embassy in UAE

Municipiul Chisinau Sep 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Hi, i am also planning to visit moldova during december for 10 days. i work in dubai and we do not have a embassy near us. only options available is india and turkey. please advice me if i can get visa on arrival at moldova airport. I am a Sri Lankan passport holder and holding U.A.E. Residence visa. I am a Computer engineer and 27 years old. Please advice me on visa matter.
      thank you so much
      chrish@asdubai.org

• Blacksocks's Profile Photo

Wrestling Shirts

Chisinau Aug 14, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Hello,
      I am in Chisinau visiting/working,back home I coach wrestling and love collecting wrestling shirts from all over the world, is there a club in Chisinau where I could buy one?

3 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    • Common spoken language

Chisinau Jul 22, 2013 at 5:07 AM

How common is Russian as a spoken, street, popular language vs. Moldovan - that I understand is like Romanian? I need to send someone I don't know, from Chisinau, some informational material. I am better off going with English or Russian??

Thank you!

-MAR-
      Be'er-Sheva, ISRAEL

3 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    • cooollllll4u's Profile Photo

i come to moldova first time

Moldova Jul 9, 2013 at 6:08 AM

any one help me to find good place for hotel or apartment in good area i come first September i hope to meet friends i ask about save and friendly people nightlife

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    • hang's Profile Photo

Moldava for 9 days

Moldova Jul 6, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Next week i will go to Moldava for 9 days..Can you recommend one cheap hotel in Chisinau for firts nights..and what it is must see in Moldava....in 9 days.. thx hang

2 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    • Chisinau in one day

Chisinau Jul 4, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Hi everybody

I'll be in Chisinau one day (arriving at 8 am and leaving at 5 pm). Any ideas how I should spend the day, what to see and where to go to get a general idea of the city?