change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mrsdoc83's Profile Photo

getting to Moab

by mrsdoc83 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My husband will be going to Moab for a conference and I'm helping with the travel itinerary.

We fly from out of state and I wonder if there is a major airport closer than Salt Lake City (yes, I am doing more research on this myself, now, too) --

Also, once we get to the major airport of choice, what is the best driving route to get into Moab?

Thanks!
      C

more
    • mrsdoc83's Profile Photo

getting to Moab

by mrsdoc83 Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My husband will be going to Moab for a conference and I'm helping with the travel itinerary.

We fly from out of state and I wonder if there is a major airport closer than Salt Lake City (yes, I am doing more research on this myself, now, too) --

Also, once we get to the major airport of choice, what is the best driving route to get into Moab?

Thanks!
      C

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    • what's the best tour to take during a full moon?

by jmprewett Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Married couple looking for must see activities and unique dining suggestions in and around Moab.. We do not bike and our hiking skills are limited.

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    • pdtboy's Profile Photo

Parks Closure

by pdtboy Online Now Nov 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I am planning to visit Moab in March. How is it now with the National Parks closure? What sightseeing can I do?

6 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    • ordering my trip...from Moab to Zion

by elf2481 Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Hello. I am renting a car from Albuquerque NM and have 4 day/nights to get back to Las Vegas. I want to plan a trip where I can see a lot but not go totally crazy with too much to do and waste too much time in the car. I am thinking about going from Albuquerque to Monument Valley, then to Moab and ending up in Zion which is close to Vegas. I would like to find a scenic route where I can see a lot along my drive. What route should I take and what should I be sure to see??I have never been out west and want to soak it all in! thanks for your time :)

4 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 3:21 AM
    • Cheap hotels/motels in Moab with Free high speed internet and complimentary breakfast.

by pennysaver1981 Online Now Nov 9, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Hi,
      I am searching for reasonably priced hotels/motels that offer Free high-speed internet and complimentary breakfast. The Best Western Inn at Greenwell is great but they dont offer free breakfast.

1 Answer Nov 10, 2010 at 5:12 AM
    • transportation within National parks in Moab

by pennysaver1981 Online Now Nov 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM

We are planning on taking a trip to Moab for this Thanks Giving. I was wondering if we can rent a car to see all the National Parks near Moab. Or is it that only a jeep can navigate those roads.

7 Answers Nov 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    • Looking for a Outdoor / Campfire night experience, Moab area

by chrisswfc Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Hi, will be spending a 3 nights in Moab this summer with wife and 2 adolescent kids. Looking for an "outdoor experience" type evening, BBQ, dinner around the campfire, typical "cowboy stuff" (at least as we English/French think of it!). Not really into basic camping, but would be really grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

8 Answers Jun 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    • Sunuwavi's Profile Photo

Planning a backpacking trip to Southern Utah

by Sunuwavi Online Now Jul 2, 2009 at 12:20 PM

OK, my boyfriend and I are starting to plan a trip: Utah at the end of August. We're planning to be there about a week.

Here's the plan so far: Fly in to Grand Junction and rent a car, drive to Moab, camp/hike in Canyonlands and Arches, other than that... who knows? Rugged wilderness abounds! Maybe Glen Canyon? Could we make it over to the western part of the state to see Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon and Zion and?

Other things we're interested in: Ancient Native American ruins & pictographs, hot springs, caves. We love anyplace that's good for a photo op, a quick swim, spectacular scenery, or a rewarding hike.

Any suggestions on itinerary or can't miss features?

12 Answers Jul 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM
    • Review for Solano Valejo Villas Wanted

by woodneckbeach Online Now Jun 1, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Solano Valejo Villas in Moab recently??
      Is this a good place for extended stay with families?
      Thanks!!

• Drive from Moab to Springdale/Zion

by woodneckbeach Online Now May 2, 2007 at 6:32 PM

How long does it take to drive from Moab to the Springdale/Zion area? What is the best route? Please suggest any stops along the way. Thanks!

4 Answers May 21, 2007 at 1:47 PM
    • Suggest accomodations for families

by woodneckbeach Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 3:17 PM

We are a group of families heading to Moab in july 2008. Some families have 6people. We are looking at Pack Creek Ranch, Aarchway Inn, & River Canyon Lodge. Can you comment on suites at these locations or others if you have stayed recently. Make suggestions! Thanks for any advice.

4 Answers Apr 30, 2007 at 7:40 PM
    • Woody's

by hilbilmil Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 6:49 PM

When was this establishment built?

• Woody's Tavern

by mrdobolina Online Now Aug 27, 2006 at 8:55 PM

Hey, do you happen to know what year Woody's opened? I'm wondering how long it's been around.

3 Answers Jun 12, 2007 at 12:34 PM
    • Moab tent camping

by souperpete Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 8:07 PM

We will be coming to Moab 1st week of August-where can we tent camp showers/shade/quiet-best suggestion
      also any must do hikes or activities
      I know it will be hot

2 Answers May 3, 2007 at 8:19 AM
    • Tour companies

by wandabhall Online Now May 26, 2006 at 2:50 PM

I and my family will be arriving in Moab in 1 week. Should I book tours I want ahead of time? Should I stick with 1 company and get a discount? Is it better to go the the park and take a tour with the Park Guides? Do I need to sign up in advance? Any travel information appreciated.

• Tour companies

by wandabhall Online Now May 25, 2006 at 4:34 PM

I and my family will be arriving in Moab in 1 week. Should I book tours I want ahead of time? Should I stick with 1 company and get a discount? Is it better to go the the park and take a tour with the Park Guides? Do I need to sign up in advance? Any travel information appreciated.

• Three Days in Moab

by tropicdiver Online Now Mar 26, 2006 at 9:41 AM

I have three days that I will be spending in the Moab area towards the end of May. My main focus will be landscape photography, specifically sunrises and sunsets. I've read about the crowds to be expected and realize the further I hike, the less people I will see, but of course, I'm not that crazy about hiking in the dark, either, nor am I camping out. I won't be 4WD'ng it, as I really have no experience doing that. Any small tour groups anyone can recommend that might suit my needs?

Any suggestions on whether I should spend more time in Arches or Canyonlands? Should I see both the Islands in the Sky area as well as Needles in Canyonlands?

How about Goblin Valley? Is it worth the drive?

Thanks for any suggestions.

4 Answers Mar 27, 2006 at 8:10 AM
    • Illini's Profile Photo

how is Moab for spring break?

by Illini Online Now Jan 21, 2006 at 12:28 PM

how is Moab Utah for spring break, Does it get too cold and what should one pack for the month of March?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 21, 2006 at 1:07 PM
    • eastsheenscouser's Profile Photo

Short stay apartments

by eastsheenscouser Online Now Sep 24, 2005 at 1:50 AM

My partner wants a small apartment for our 4 day stay in Moab. I've been here a couple of times so know the area quite well, but does anyone know of any good apartments/condos to rent that I may or may not find on the internet? Thanks, John

• DaveOrlando's Profile Photo

Wedding in Moab

by DaveOrlando Online Now Apr 11, 2005 at 6:25 PM

My girlfriend and I are going to a wedding in Moab and will have one day beforehand to explore the area. We're driving from Grand Junction, CO, and hope to see some of Utah's beautiful scenery. We would like to see some of Arches and Canyonlands national parks and any suggestions for a scenic drive in that area with maybe a couple of short hikes would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

4 Answers May 2, 2005 at 5:34 PM
    • Moab in the Summer

by KelvinDaring Online Now Jun 23, 2004 at 12:32 PM

Me and a buddy are thinking about a mountain biking trip to Moab in late July and are wondering if the heat is too oppressive at that time of year?

4 Answers May 4, 2007 at 7:22 AM