Mljet National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sim card for laptop dongle

Cavtat Jul 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Is there a good phone or computer shop in Cavtat where I can buy a sim card for my laptop USB dongle?

more
    • Accommodation right next to sea?

Dubrovnik Jul 10, 2014 at 7:52 AM

We'd like to spend a week of our 3 weeks in Croatia in a place right next to the sea where we can hear the waves outside. It doesn't matter what sort of accommodation it is as long as it's quiet and of course clean. Would anybody have a recommendation for a place in, or very near to, Dubrovnik which would fulfil this requirement?

Thanks a million.

more
    • normanabailey@gmail.com

Dubrovnik Jun 20, 2014 at 6:51 AM

There is a Byzantine crown in Dubrovnik. Where is it located and can you send me a picture? Thank you.

more
    • Croatia - Hvar Town to Vela Luka with Bikes

Korcula Jul 2, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Hi,

We will be doing a cycle trip of Croatia's Dalmation Island in September.  Does anyone know if it is possible to go direct from Hvar town to Vela Luka with bikes? We will be travelling in early September and everything we have read indicates that the catamarans won't take bikes.

If anyone can shed light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Dubrovnik in July

Dubrovnik Jun 17, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Hi, I have enjoyed reading the travel pages and see that we are warned about huge crowds, especially from the cruise ships.
      I wondered if there was any way to get advance warning of these? Or, are there some days that are less crowded than others because of cruise itineraries etc?
      Also, I note that there are many island ferries - or organised trips available.
      I would like to do Dubrovnik - Lokrum - Cavtat - Dubrovnik one day. Is that feasible?
      Any tips or trick from recent visitors would be most welcome!
      We go out on 15th July.

more
    • may in mljet

by kirsty-marie Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Hi im staying in mljet for 4 nights from 10th may and the plan was to do a day trip from mljet to dubrovnik and back is this possible? Do ferrys run this time of year thete and back or what sort of costs are taxis? Also is it likely enough to be warm enough to swim ? Any further info appreciated as the trip is to celebrate a birthday so want it to run smoothly .

4 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • rowing on lake Mljet National Park

by natty52 Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 5:59 AM

what kind of boats can you hire in Mljet National Park
      can you hire rowing boats

1 Answer Nov 10, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    • shaira01's Profile Photo

Mljet - showers?

by shaira01 Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Going there tomorrow, anything we should not miss? Looking forward to swimming & snorkelling! We stay in Dubrovnik so wondering where we can get shower after swimming in Mljet or do we have to shower back in Dub? Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM
    • kajak

by zek123 Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Is it allowed to use a kajak at the coast side of the national park

3 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    • Getting to Mljet

by ifarrand1981 Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 4:31 PM

I am travelling around Croatia in June and would like to visit Mljet for 2 days. I understand day trips can be organised from Dubrovnik and Korcula and that ferries go from both destinations but they appear to only travel twice per week.

Ideally i would like to travel to Mljet from Korcula and then go straight on to Dubrovnik. Is this possible on days when the the tourist ferry does not travel or do i have to take a day trip? I have heard hydrofoils may travel more regularly than the ferry but am unable to find a timetable online anywhere.

Alternatively will the tour operators allow you to just travel on their vessels?

Thanks for any help

1 Answer Mar 25, 2007 at 5:22 AM
    • oliviertia's Profile Photo

Mljet : is it worth staying longer ?

by oliviertia Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 6:06 AM

Hi all,

Travelling from Dubrovnik to Hvar, we are planning to stop a few days in Korcula, and do the one day trip to Mljet. This seems easy.

Is it a better alternative to travel from Dubrovnik to Mljet, spend 2-3 days there, before heading to Korcula ? We would love to go there to cycle and swim, but the lack of accomodation (for 2-3 days) and transportation scare me off. Also, do I have to pay the entrance fee to the national park every day, if not staying at hotel Odisej ?

Thank you if you have any advice.

Olivier

2 Answers May 28, 2007 at 11:05 AM
    • Accomodation on Mljet

by RutiV Online Now May 19, 2006 at 3:26 PM

I am looking for a reccomendation for a room for 2 on Mljet, preferably inexpensive, with a balcony and not too far from the park. We can only stay for 2 nights in mid June.
      Any suggestions??

2 Answers May 20, 2006 at 1:41 AM
    • Accomodation on Mljet

by RutiV Online Now May 18, 2006 at 4:09 PM

Can anyone reccomend a reasonably priced place to stay on Mljet for 2 nights in June? We are two people and don't need anything fancy, a room for 40 euro's, something like that. Has anyone stayed at Pension Jezro, if so, did you like the place?

2 Answers May 19, 2006 at 9:34 AM