Mljet National Park Travel Answers

change location

Getting to Mljet

by ifarrand1981 Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 4:31 PM

I am travelling around Croatia in June and would like to visit Mljet for 2 days. I understand day trips can be organised from Dubrovnik and Korcula and that ferries go from both destinations but they appear to only travel twice per week.

Ideally i would like to travel to Mljet from Korcula and then go straight on to Dubrovnik. Is this possible on days when the the tourist ferry does not travel or do i have to take a day trip? I have heard hydrofoils may travel more regularly than the ferry but am unable to find a timetable online anywhere.

Alternatively will the tour operators allow you to just travel on their vessels?

Thanks for any help

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Getting to Mljet

by balkan_adict Online Now Mar 25, 2007 at 5:22 AM

Daily ferries from Dubrovnik to Mljet. For the National Park end of the island the best be is the Nona Ana http://www.alpex.hr/timetable.php

Jadrolinija have a car ferry that goes as far as Sobra and from there you can take a bus if you want to get to the National Park following is winter timetable (summer one not yet published. jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/Dubrovni...

It is not so easy to get to Korcula from Mljet, but you can sometimes get a lift on an excursion boat although this is not a reliable means if you definitely need to meet a deadline. Main ferry that stops at Mljet and Korcula jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/linie%20...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mljet National Park