Mljet National Park Travel Answers

change location
oliviertia's Profile Photo

Mljet : is it worth staying longer ?

by oliviertia Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 6:06 AM

Hi all,

Travelling from Dubrovnik to Hvar, we are planning to stop a few days in Korcula, and do the one day trip to Mljet. This seems easy.

Is it a better alternative to travel from Dubrovnik to Mljet, spend 2-3 days there, before heading to Korcula ? We would love to go there to cycle and swim, but the lack of accomodation (for 2-3 days) and transportation scare me off. Also, do I have to pay the entrance fee to the national park every day, if not staying at hotel Odisej ?

Thank you if you have any advice.

Olivier

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Mljet : is it worth staying longer ?

by ZagrebFire Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 1:25 PM

Hello

Well, if you can, spend few days on Mljet. I was there last year and it was amazing, really nice place. For easy cycling probably the best place in Croatia. Maybe it is relatively expensive and too many people now but...
    I stayed in some crazy private camp, it was cool. For ticket, I think that you pay only once (I will check that tomorrow and let you know)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Mljet : is it worth staying longer ?

by Zaphy Online Now May 28, 2007 at 11:05 AM

ticket to National park is bought once and it is valid for whole of your stay. you have to buy it when staying in National Park weather in hotel or private accommodation.

it is not a problem at all to stay with hotel odisej for couple of days. rooms are nice, view in particular.
    but nature and location is what they are proud of the most...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mljet National Park