Mljet National Park Travel Answers

change location

Accomodation on Mljet

by RutiV Online Now May 19, 2006 at 3:26 PM

I am looking for a reccomendation for a room for 2 on Mljet, preferably inexpensive, with a balcony and not too far from the park. We can only stay for 2 nights in mid June.
Any suggestions??

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Accomodation on Mljet

by Mandarinko Online Now May 19, 2006 at 3:41 PM

hi! I am from Croatia,but not from Mljet! I think(expirience) that it is hard to find a booking for 2 days in summer season!!! I recommend you to take a trip without reservtion,and try to find a place to stay in tourist office in the place!!! It should work,because Mljet is not part of massive tourism!!!Greetings!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Accomodation on Mljet

by Sylvia101 Online Now May 20, 2006 at 1:41 AM

There is a web site with a good list and details of accommodation
    croatia-vacation.com/english...
    We booked one of these places for a week, it was absolutely idylic, a self catering rustic conversion a few hundred yards out of the village and within the national park. Our booking went O.K. and we paid cash on arrival in Euro (as requested by our hostess). We did have problems with a lack of communication to coordinate arrival - my son said up to six languages were used between us; but to little or no effect!
    If you do not have transport note there are no taxi services, and plan your arrival location accordingly. The car ferry terminal at Sobra is 2.5km out of town, the bus is a once a day event with no discernable timetable. If you use the fast passenger ferry it stops in town at Sobra and Polace. The ferry from Korcula also stops in Polace town.
    There is a car/scooter hire business, which is great fun but not initially user friendly due to lack of pre booking, they also seriously overcharge for the petrol.
    If you have no transport perhaps you should try to stay in Polace, it is a pretty natural harbour and there is a footpath over a hill to the larger lake, this route can also be cycled. Cycle hire is easily available (but it is rather hilly).
    Otherwise try Pomena, another lovely little village with lots of boats, and just a short walk to the small lake.
    If the very nice boat and cycle hire man is still operating from the point between the two lakes do use his services, he is very friendly and helpful.
    Mljet is the most wonderful place, we especially enjoyed the boat hire, walking, swimming and eating out in the evenings with a jug of "domestic" wine (own grown).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mljet National Park