Mizpe Ramon Travel Answers

change location
Jonate's Profile Photo

How to access mitspe Ramon by public transports

by Jonate Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 4:03 AM

Hi all,

I plan to go to the crater but I can't find any bus route to the place. Indeed it a very far from anything place.

Somebody know how to get there?

Many thanks

Jonate

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • unaS's Profile Photo

Re: How to access mitspe Ramon by public transports

by unaS Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 4:37 AM

You don't say what your departure station is, so I can't check this out for you.

Go to: http://www.egged.co.il/Eng/
    Click on: Plan a Trip,
    Then fill in the details.

Don't forget to set the Depart date!

BTW - the accepted spelling on that site is: Mitspe Ramon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jonate's Profile Photo

by Jonate Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Hi,

thank you for your answer..

I've already checked egged.co.il but form Jerusalem for example, I have to go to beer sheva, and then take bus 392 to mitspe ramon. but it seems that there is an only way with bus 392 at 8:00am! So if I arrive to beer sheva after 8:00am, I've lost my day!?

Moreover, for the way back, it seems that there are only 2 departures, and the last one is at about 15:00Pm, so even if I can go the the crater, I will have to quit to early, I think it's not interesting... Do you have better idea for my case?

• unaS's Profile Photo

by unaS Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 6:09 AM

If you leave Jerusalem at 0600, you arrive in Be'er Sheva at 0810. There is a bus from there at 0815 (#392) that arrives in Mitspe Ramon at 0953 or the next one #382, that leaves at 0850 and arrives in MR at 1002.

You might prefer to go to Tel Aviv (45 minutes trip, buses from Jlm to TA every 10 minutes). From Tel Aviv there is a direct bus #395 at 0900 that arrives in Mitspe Ramon at 12.06

The bus, with changes, from Jerusalem arrives earlier by a couple of hours.

To return there is a bus from Mitspe Ramon to Be'er Sheva at 1711 (arrives at 1940).

From Be'er Sheva to Tel Aviv there is a bus at 2000, or a direct bus to Jerusalem at 2000, 2045 and at 2130.

So either way you will have have a minimum of 5 hours (7 hours from Jerusalem), a whole lot of time for Mitspe Ramon. Then you can return directly to Jerusalem without going through Tel Aviv.

If your objective is to trek for more than 5 - 7 hours in the crater, probably and overnight would be better.

Good luck.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

by Martin_S. Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Hi and Shalom, depending on which trek you are attempting you might be able to do a single night in Mitzpe Ramon. Arrive in the afternoon, do the north crater rim and the visitors center with maybe a visit to the Bedouin Tent then enjoy the stars at night by walking out of the city towards the east.
    EARLY next morning do your hike, return to hotel, shower then take your bus...
    But even better, I would recommend staying TWO nights, do a longer hike and then get back to your hotel, relax and take the bus out the next morning.
    Always better if you have a car, saves money in the long run since time IS money when you are on a trip.
    Martin
    (PS: Depending on time of year plan on taking anywhere from 6-10 liters of water for a hike, most important is a 1:50,000 topographical map of the area, and don't forget a hat and sunscreen, would hate to have to call out the desert rescue team to come find you.)

• Jonate's Profile Photo

by Jonate Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Many thanks "martin"!!! I will probably follow what you said..

have a good evening

• Jonate's Profile Photo

by Jonate Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Many thanks for your help "Una". It will be very helpful!
    Have a good evening!

Jonathan

• Jonate's Profile Photo

by Jonate Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Many thanks for your help "Una". It will be very helpful!
    Have a good evening!

Jonathan

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mizpe Ramon