Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Visit DisneySea on 25th Dec (X'mas) or 1st Jan (New Year)?

Japan Yesterday

When will it be (slight) less crowded?

A pity, that's the only days possible for me

• Bicycle Hire in Kurosaki or Kokura

Kitakyushu Oct 6, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Hello, I will be in the Kurosaki \ Kokura area later this month. I want to hire a quality road bike to discover the area during this time. Can anybody recommend a bike shop?

• Unagi Restaurants

Hamamatsu Sep 10, 2015 at 4:41 AM

Can somebody please recommend a good unagi restaurant in Hamamatsu?

• Bus from Narita airport to Utsunomiya-shi

Utsunomiya Sep 27, 2015 at 9:45 AM

I want to reach 321-0945, Tochigi Ken, Utsunomiya-shi, shukugo 2-3-4, Itos from Narita airport. What are the bus timings after 10am and fare

• how to apply wifi in the osaka?

Osaka Sep 13, 2015 at 7:18 PM

1. osaka sim card 如何申请?网路数据是不是一直都有开的? 需要验证密码?是怎么验证?

• Nagoya-Shirakawago-Takayama (6 days)

Japan Oct 7, 2015 at 12:16 AM

I am seeing stars from the different rail/bus passes, please help me. I am flying into Nagoya on 18Dec, (solo) explore the area and travel to tokyo on 24Dec.
      - Shirakawa-go (1 night) and Takayama (maybe 1 night) are must go places for me but the other days are still blank. Will you recommend Gifu/Nagoya/Komatsu/other nearby places to spend a few days?
      - Which transport or passes would you recommend (trying hard to minimize my cost)? I should be activating my JR pass for my Tokyo ride on 24th.
      - Maybe from your experience, which route/arrangement will be more time and cost friendly?
      - Is Shirakawa-go ryokan cater to 1 adult only? Not willing to pay for multi-pax for my own usage

• souveneir

Tokyo Oct 4, 2015 at 2:12 AM

Best place to buy a sovewneir in Akihabara?

• Airport currency exchange

Nagoya Sep 28, 2015 at 1:27 AM

I plan to encash USD travellers cheques on arrival at Nagoya International Airport. Does the bank at the arrival hall provide this service? Does it open on a Sat morning?

• First time to Japan, Tokyo (mid December 2015, 5 nights itinerary)

Japan Sep 20, 2015 at 7:26 AM

This is my first time visiting Tokyo.

Anyone with suggestions on the 5 nights itinerary?

Would be appreciated! :)

Shopping (for male), sight-seeing perhaps will be top priorities..

• inexpensive (cheap) shopping

Yokohama Sep 19, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Can anyone tell me where can I find inexpensive clothes and shoes in Yoko?

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

JR train to Inari and then to Nara

Kyoto Sep 17, 2015 at 8:56 PM

1)is there a JR train on JR Nara line at about 8.00am?
      2)From there is there any JR train on the same line to Nara at about 10.00am?

• Tour of Hakone despite volcanic activity reported

Hakone Oct 6, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Since there was a volcanic activity detected sometime in May of this year in the Hakone area, I would like to ask if it is safe to take a two-day tour of the Hakone area, which includes the Hakone Ropeway, Lake Ashi tour, and an overnight stay in a hotel resort with hot spring on November 28, 2015. There was an available tour that we can avail of but I am hesitant to book for that tour because of the warning message to tourists that I read recently.

• planning below is it rush for us? And 路线可否请你帮忙我们做修改?

Osaka Sep 13, 2015 at 7:24 PM

First Day:

Second Day:
      4.大阪水上巴士 Aqua-Liner
      7.HEP FIVE 摩天轮

• Getting around with Japan Transportation

Japan Sep 12, 2015 at 5:52 AM

Hi i'm visiting Japan in Oct.

I need some advise on how to getting around with Japan transportation for few location :

1. From Osaka to Narita Airport - Which is the station from Osaka airport ? How much is the cost for Train?
      2. From Narita Airport to Tokyo central - How much is the bus ride from Narita to T-cat station ? 1,900 yen (Adult) ?
      3. From Tokyo Central to Haneda Airport - Where to catch the bus and how much is the cost ?
      4. If i want to travel from Tokyo to Mount Fuji, any good recommendation ?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks in Japan (18Dec - 3Jan)

Japan Oct 5, 2015 at 12:20 AM

I am planning my (solo) Japan trip 6-7 days (18-23Dec) and then join up with some friends on my 2nd week (24Dec-3Jan - Tokyo/Hakane/Kyoto/Osaka) in Japan. Here is the tough part, I can't decide where to go for the first 6 days. My fly-in flight will be dependent on my itinerary and will fly-off from Tokyo. Hope to get some ideas from veteran travallers and locals. Interest: sightseeing (more on local town/village/farmstay), walk/hike up 1 volcano/Mt (regular fitness), onsen and etc.... Also troubled if I need to get JR pass for my 1st week (will purchase JR pass for 2nd week), hope not.. pretty expensive

I am considering between Nagoya or Fukuoka for my first 6 days. Some places that catches my eyes below but unsure about the distance nor the transport yet. If it is too far-stretched/too expensive (hope to stay budget to spurge on food) please let me know. I am open to all suggestions (eg. festivals at some areas etc), I will only need to be in (Tokyo) Shinjuku on the 24th night to meet my friends.

1) Nagoya - Shirakawa-go (Gifu), Takayama, Hida Minzoku Mura Folk Village (same place?), Nagoya City tour (Manekineko street), onsen with monkeys?
      2) Fukuoka - City tour (Daizaifu/Tenjin/Nakasu/Fukuoka tower), Kumamoto (castle+Mt Aso), Beppu (budget ryokan)

Thanks in advance,

• Narita Airport

Japan Sep 28, 2015 at 7:39 AM

The access walkway from terminal 2 to terminal 3 is by moving walks?

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Autumn foliage

Sapporo Sep 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Will be in Sapporo on the first week of November. May I know where could I go to photograph spectacular autumn foliage that's accessible by public transport.

Thanks for any info!

tax free products

Japan 15 hours ago

I wonder if anyone ever bought any tax free product in Japan? How does the system work?

My wife bought 2 perfumes, they attached a receipt on the passport and from what i understood (limited english from their side) we must not open them until we leave japan.

Do they check at the airport?
      If so, will it be before we do the check in? Because we would prefer not to carry them on the carry on luggage as we travel via istanbul.

• What to do for 1 day on the way from Osaka to Tokyo?

Japan Oct 5, 2015 at 10:04 PM

Hi all,

We have realised that we have 1 extra day/night to explore in Japan (very exciting)! We would love to go somewhere scenic that is easily accessible by the JR line as we have JR passes. Does anyone have any suggestions on what city/town we should see for 24 hours on the way from Osaka to Tokyo?

Many thanks!

• Any Recommendation for Autumn Leaves?

Japan Sep 17, 2015 at 8:05 PM

I like to go see the Autumn Leaves during this Silver week in Japan.
      I am planing to go to Kawaguchi Lake

But is there any other recommendation?
      Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Tokyo 1 1/2 day layover

Tokyo Oct 5, 2015 at 7:04 AM

We're considering going to Singapore in late January and there are no direct flights so one of the places I can change planes is Tokyo and since we've never been, I thought we might do a short layover. It looks like I can get a flight that arrives mid to late day on Friday, we could spend all day Saturday and fly to Singapore the next day midday. I will guess that we will be quite tired from the 13 hour flight so probably looking for the following:

hotel for 2 nights for 2 people that won't make my pocketbook cry too loudly, I am fine with anything clean that has a bed and a private shower in a safe neighborhood (no hostels or shared facilities), easy access to transit to the airport a plus

dinner on Friday night, then off to sleep

what to see on Saturday to get a feel for the city, I know it's too short of a visit to see everything but we're interested in history and enjoy visiting markets

lunch and dinner on Saturday

I've had a look at the average weather and it says 38/50F low/high, that will be warm for us at that time of year since we live in Chicago :-)

Thanks for any help!

• Prasstyo's Profile Photo

Kanto or Kyoto?

Japan Sep 23, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Me and my wife will go to Japan on Jan 2016 for 7 day trip. Our trip will start and end in Tokyo (Narita) and we plan not to buy JR Pass (we are on a tight budget).

Our initial plan is to go straight to Kyoto from Tokyo using overnight bus,
      Stay in Kyoto for 3 days and explore surrounding area before going back to Tokyo.

Our questions:
      - shall we still go to Kyoto? or stick to Kanto area (Tokyo, Nikko, Kawaguchiko)?
      - Are there enough time to explore Kyoto and Nara?

is monday october 12 a national holiday?

Tokyo Oct 1, 2015 at 12:52 PM

is monday october 12 a national holiday?
      if so:
      1)does this affect public transport in Tokyo?
      2)are some atractions closed? the East Imperial Gardens will be open? (they are closed on mondays but when monday is holiday they close the next day, right?)
      3)I was thinking to start from Hama Rikyu gardens in the morning, then take the train to Tokyo Station and walk to East Imperial Gardens but the rest of the day will be free. any suggestions considering we will cover the following the rest of our days in Tokyo:
      Meiji Shrine, Takeshita Dori, Shibuya Crossing, Shinjuku, Tsukiji Fish Market, Hamarikyu Gardens, Akihabara / Ginza, Asakusa, Sensoji temple, Ueno Park

daytrip to hiroshima and Miyajima

Hiroshima Sep 28, 2015 at 9:19 AM

we plan to do a daytrip by JR train from Kyoto to Hiroshima arriving there at 10.00am
      1)is it wise to walk to Peace Park or take the tram?
      2)how much time the park will take (without a visit to the museum)?
      3)is there a tram line near the park for the port (Miyajima-guchi) to catch the ferry to Miyajima? which tram line? what's the ticket cost?
      4)should we buy One-day pass from the tourist office (is it at ¥600?) as we may need at least 3 tickets in total for trams? (1 to the park, 1 to the port, 1 back to the station)
      5)will it be easier to do the Miyajima first and then the Peace Park? if so which tram lines should we take?