Missoula Travel Answers

change location

Missoula, Montana lodging

by PennyM. Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Hello!
My husband and I are planning on staying at one of the following places:
Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, or C'mon Inn. Does anyone know anything about these motels or could you recommend a better place?
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Missoula, Montana lodging

by bocmaxima Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Mountain Valley Inn was pretty nice. Very convenient (walking distance to most things) and was the cheapest place in the immediate area. Not as nice as Hamptons usually are, but still pretty good.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • montanabob's Profile Photo

by montanabob Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Try the Red lion. There are two location but one on the river is nicer, has a fair restaurant and is within walking distance of downtown. Try to reserve a river view particularly if it is not winter. There is also a Shearton downtown.

Are the hotels listed just off the freeway? If so the area is pretty standard with your regular list of eating places
    Bob

• Goneto's Profile Photo

by Goneto Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 3:23 PM

I'm with Bob. When I saw your list of options I thought "oh, what an awful way to see the real Missoula". The Red Lion on the river is really nice. Even in winter, the view is beautiful. I quite enjoy the restarant there. Again, a great view,right on the river & the wine list isn't bad either. The river is actually Clark's Fork. named after Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis & Clark expedition. At the R.L. you'll be much closer, w/in walking distance, of our quaint downtown. There are a couple of B&B's which I really don't know anything about, but the main point is, if you stay at one on your list, you will be out on the strip thinking you could be anywhere in the U.S. Hope this was helpful & have fun while your here. Peace.

• Goneto's Profile Photo

by Goneto Online Now Mar 4, 2008 at 3:25 PM

P.S. see my Off the beaten track, there's more there for surrounding area. "Goneto"

• EllenH's Profile Photo

by EllenH Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 9:32 PM

When we go to Missoula it usually involves a wine trade show so we get a hotel but we do not mind staying in the cheapo places but being downtown is important. Staying on Reserve is like any other city in the world as someone already stated. Staying downtown and walking around the downtown is the way to get to feel Missoula, A few good bars and a few good stores. Wordens market, Hide and sole, the carousel, Missoula has a nice feel to it for a city.

• EllenH's Profile Photo

by EllenH Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 6:25 PM

We were in Missoula today and drove by the Red Lion. It is nice, it is walking distance to downtown, and the views are pretty. I go along with the other recommendations for it. (we stay in the60 rooms on the other end of Broadway)

• EllenH's Profile Photo

by EllenH Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 6:29 PM

We were in Missoula today and drove by the Red Lion. It is nice, it is walking distance to downtown, and the views are pretty. I go along with the other recommendations for it. (we stay in the60 rooms on the other end of Broadway)
    oops did not mean to hit post yet, was going to say that The doubletree hotel Missoula is also walking distance and much more upscale then the dives we stay in. They have a nice restaurant called Finn and Porter and are on the river also.

• Re: Missoula, Montana lodging

by altoswan Online Now Apr 12, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Hi,
    If I were you I would try to stay away from the Reserve Street places. Here are two very nice ones in the downtown area, both are on Broadway. Mountain Valley Inn-800-249-9174 or the Red Lion-406-728-3300. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Be sure to eat at the Pearl (downtown on Front Street)BEST dining in town. Also good food/atmosphere at Sean Kelleys and the Depot- all downtown area.
    Have fun,
    Altoswan

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo

by Camping_Girl Online Now May 23, 2008 at 1:36 PM

We stayed at the C'mon Inn a couple of years ago when we were passing through Missoula. It's really quite forgettable. I'd go with the recommendations for the Red Lion.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines