Mississauga Travel Answers

change location

Places to visit/eat

by yarisblue Online Now May 31, 2006 at 4:58 AM

Hi everyone

As it will be our first visit to Canada/Mississauga, can anyone give us some ideas of places to visit. Is it easy to park at Niagara Falls or would it be best for us to go by coach (we are hiring a car). Are there any 'eat all you can' resaurants in the Mississauga area.

Thanks for any replies.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Sibbella's Profile Photo

RE: Places to visit/eat

by Sibbella Online Now May 31, 2006 at 5:58 AM

Hi there,
    Parking at the Falls is fairly easy, you may not get a spot right near the falls but the walk to the falls isn't that far. Also if you are parking downtown, again you may not get a spot right near the area but everything is with in walking distance on the strip. I personally would drive to Niagara, you can take the scenic route also if you choose to and travel along Lakeshore Road which follows Lake Ontario. Also depending on what time of year you come, the Niagara area as the majority of our Wineries, you can plan a tour of a winery, have a meal or do some tasting.
    As for the all you can eat restaurants, most of our restaurants now that are like that are the Chinese buffets...some places may have "specials".. what type of food are you looking for and I can find something for you that way.

Take care.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CdnJane's Profile Photo

by CdnJane Online Now May 31, 2006 at 7:09 PM

Not in Mississauga, but on Queen's Quay, east of Yonge Street, there is the Town & Country Buffet Restauarant. It is an all-you-can eat buffet.

I agree with Sibbella - drive to Niagara Falls. You can stop when you want, and wander through Niagara on the Lake. I believe, too, you can park beyond the Falls and take the People Mover which will shuttle you to the falls, and other places around Niagara. Even with the cost of gas, it would be likely cheaper to drive than to take a bus, or coach tour.

• southmtn2000's Profile Photo

by southmtn2000 Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 4:56 PM

Niagara Falls parking..go up Clifton Hill (main drag ) and turn right onto Ellen. Your parking lot is there.5 entire day!

• RE: RE: Places to visit/eat

by bimz Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 8:03 PM

I am currently visinting Niagara falls from DE, USA and would love to know any all you can eat restaurants available. I guess we picked a wrong time to come as the falls are frozen and taking a walk is a bit chilly.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines