Minsk Travel Answers

change location
hall1770's Profile Photo

Customs fees

by hall1770 Online Now Jun 28, 2005 at 9:22 AM

Does anyone know if there is a weight limit to the amount of baggage you can bring into Minsk thru customs? I am traveling from USA to Minsk.
I was told that even though the airlines allow 2 checked bags at 72 lbs each if you go thru customs any weight over 55 each bag or a combined weight of 110 pounds will be imposed fees of some sort. Is that True??

If so how much would that fee be? Also, are carry-ons added to the weight limit.

Thanks for the info
Carolyn

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • sunshine9689's Profile Photo

Re: Customs fees

by sunshine9689 Online Now Jul 21, 2007 at 11:35 AM

Are you flying business? If you are flying economy, then the weight limit per bag is 23kg (~51 lbs).
    32kg (72 lbs) is for passengers flying business class.

These are the Lufthansa requirements anyway.

Now, about overweight bags. Last year I flew to Minsk from US and one of my bags was heavier than normal (by 20 pounds or so). I payed excess baggage fee ($25) at the US airport upon checking in and was NOT given any grief in Minsk airport later.

Carry-ons are not added to the total weight limit. But there is a limit on the carry-on luggage itself of course, 8kg (~17 lbs) on Lufthansa planes, for example.

My advice to you is to go to the website of the company you are flying with and find out the informtation, cause the requirements can vary.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines