Minorca Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Azuline Hotel Llevant

Ibiza Jan 16, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Anyone know if you need a wristband to get into this hotel? A friend was going to stay with us while we were there, but is unsure about security.
      Thanks.

more
    • MickeyM26's Profile Photo

Formentera Buses

Isla de Formentera 3 hours ago

Thinking about staying at Hotel Cala Saona in September and would like to visit different beaches and go into town for dinners, but prefer not to rent a car or motor bike. Might try bicycles part of the time, but also wondering if there is dependable bus service from Cala Saona into town, and to some of the other beaches. Or would we be better off staying somewhere else with better bus connections?

more
    • Does anyone know of a good cycling group in Alcudia, Majorca?

Alcudia Jan 16, 2015 at 4:39 AM

This is where I am going this summer! I haven´t told my family yet, the kids will go wild, my wife will forgive me all my sins. It is bang in the middle of cycling land in the north coast of Majorca, where all the top teams train, except they all go much earlier in the year. What I would like is to join some kind of local cycling group operating in the area. Does anyone know how I can get in contact with cycling groups in the area? I appreciate any help, Thank you!

more
    • johnnyboyafc's Profile Photo

jeep safari

by johnnyboyafc Online Now Sep 20, 2014 at 3:59 PM

hi can someone tell us about the jeep safari at E55.00 per person it seems expensive is there an alternative

3 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 1:26 PM
    • Bus service

by a.brine Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Hi, Could you tell me how easy is it to bus from Saint Tomas to Ciutadella or how costly by Taxi? thank you

3 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • Michael Waugh

by michaelwaugh Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM

What has happened at Binimel-la ? I owned a plot of land there in 1973

2 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 1:20 AM
    • Car hire company in Menorca?

by jcun Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Hello! I'll be travelling to Menorca next month and while looking for car rentals, I found this one: http://nuracar.es/en/menorca . Has somebody used them? Would you recommend the company? I saw the prices and look pretty fair to me, but would like to know your opinions!
      Thanks a bunch!

11 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • We are going to menorca in May staying in cala galdana

by Am61 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Where are the best markets in menorca and what days are they on, I will be looking for fabrics mainly.
      Thankyou

3 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 1:24 AM
    • mintball's Profile Photo

Lift in Mahon

by mintball Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Hi just come back from holiday in Menorca, and someone has told us there is a lift up from the harbour. We didn't see it, could anyone tell me where it is please.

Thank you

9 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    • which hotel is more suitable?

by matemate Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM

hotel melia ┬┐gavilanes or sol ? I am going with my 18 years old daughter

3 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 6:29 AM
    • Villa

by jane34 Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 5:16 AM

has anybody stayed at villa fi fi lately, I have booked through Monarch

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 6:30 AM
    • Shopping

by Viktor0099 Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Hi, do they sell caps/snapbacks on Menorca?

1 Answer Jul 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    • Is Minorca Tacky?

by salford66 Online Now May 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Looking for a place for me and my mum to go this year, looking for class, culture, good regional food.
      Not looking for 1000's of British tourists with kids, bacon & eggs, karaoke.

Will we like it here?

I went to Majorca and was shocked by the type if people on the plane, loud, drunk....

4 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 6:33 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Public transportation.

by Maurizioago Online Now Sep 22, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Is it worth to spend a week there relying on public transportation? I mean; is the bus service good on Minorca Island?

6 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    • Simoncusonnet's Profile Photo

end August - beg. September

by Simoncusonnet Online Now Jun 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Hello ! I'm planning to go there at the dates mentioned before with my wife for a week. Any advice for a simple hotel not too expensive ? and how is the weather at this time of year ? can we still bathe ?

2 Answers Jun 7, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    • Minorca in July

by angie2012 Online Now Jun 1, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Hello!
      I'm planning to stay Minorca for 10 days at the beginning of July. I have two little children and I'm looking for a comfortable hotel or resort. Any suggestion?
      Thank you
      Angie

4 Answers Jul 20, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    • need accommodation advice

by daybreak19 Online Now Jun 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm Lillie and I need some help / advice about accommodation as I'm coming on the 27th June

I can't seem to find a single room with the use of kitchen ... I have food allergies so I have to prepare my own food, so no hotels and apartments are too expensive, I am alone

I was told to look for 'pensions' and 'casas de huespedes' but they seem to be the same as hostels? no kitchen use ...

so, do you know where I could find this?

or do you happen to know someone who rents a room with kitchen near sea at reasonable price? tight budget

or do you need a roommate for a rented apartment? lol

also, any suggestion on where to go? beaches with shade / trees? not fond of resorts and noise ... i'm guessing Mao is not a very good choice for accommodation as i'd have to travel to the beach by bus right?

thanks, Lillie

2 Answers Jun 18, 2011 at 3:40 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Travelling on this island.

by Maurizioago Online Now May 2, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Does this island have an efficient bus system? I mean; could I travel to lots of places by bus on Menorca?

2 Answers May 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    • andreiabb's Profile Photo

Short Holidays at Menorca

by andreiabb Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Hi!

I'm going with my boyfriend to Minorca at June and I would like to stay in a nice place, with a nice beach and a good hotel. I don't know if Ciudadella is a good option... I read that is near all the pretty beaches and as many options to eat.
      By the other way I also read that Macarella is a wonderful beach but I don't find any hotels there.
      So... where do you recommend me to stay? A nice place for a couple... not a big hotel with lots of families with young children screaming... :-)

1 Answer Mar 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    • New a small quiet inn on the beach

by RebeccaWiley Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 2:16 PM

My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Minorca mid October and will only be there a few days as part of a trip to Spain and Portugal. We would love a quiet inn on the beach where there aren't a lot of people. We want to swim snorkel, possibly take a boat to the caves or see Dolphins. We don't want anything fancy, just clean and comfortable. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Sep 24, 2010 at 4:52 AM
    • seksun's Profile Photo

S'Algar Area

by seksun Online Now Jul 15, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Los Pamleras apartment, i am thinking of a 7 day stay there
      does anyone have any experience of this resort, and what are the local restaurants and bars like and the beach ?
      and/or does anyone have a recomendation of other apartments/resorts in menorca
      i am looking for a nice beach and thinsg to do in the evening
      looking at half board or full inclusive
      Many Thanks
      David

1 Answer Sep 24, 2010 at 4:59 AM
    • 2 bed apartment tamariscos hotel calan bosch

by boschbabe Online Now Mar 11, 2010 at 8:44 AM

booked a 2 bed apartment at tamariscos, stayed there before but only in a 1 bed has anybody stayed in a 2 bed at this hotel and if so could anybody give us an idea of the best located 2 bed for the views so i can e mail the hotel and make a request thank you very much

• Princess-Kitten's Profile Photo

Getting to Cala'n Bosch from Cala'n Blanes/Ciutadella area

by Princess-Kitten Online Now Feb 11, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Hello!

We're staying in Cala'n Forcat (now part of the Cala'n Blanes resort district) but we want to hire a car for a few days. The nearest pick-up point our tour operator can offer us is from Cala'n Bosch, which isn't too far away, but still a possible hike.

I know buses are generally good to and from nearby Ciutadella so I was wondering if anyone could give me any more info and/or advice re; buses and taxis to and from (we'd have to drop off there 4 days later and get back to Cala'n Forcat, too!)

Many thanks,
      Em ♥

2 Answers Jun 16, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    • Malcolm_Ostermeyer's Profile Photo

Minorca Pottery

by Malcolm_Ostermeyer Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Hi Folks;
      This is a bit strange!
      During the last few months my wife has started to collect large earthenware plates from Minorca. They typically have "Menorca" across the top and depict things like stylised cockerels or fish. They're usually signed but the signature is unreadable, though it pehaps begins with "P"; sometimes there's also the letter "R" as well. She's convinced they're antiques as they she says they are quite high quality (my wife knows a lot about antique china! - see our e-Bay site!), but I'm convinced they're tourist stuff.
      Can anyone supply any information about these plates and where they could have been made?
      Cheers,
      Malcolm

• Long-term rental in Menorca

by SuenMartin Online Now Mar 17, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Hi

We are looking for a long-term rental in Menorca, on the eastern side of the island. We have our own business over here but are not in a position to buy just now (not a good time to sell in the UK). Anywhere from Alayor, Son Bou, Es Castell, St Luis, Mahon, Sant Clement, and anywhere in between, would be ideal.

We are currently renting a property in Santa Ana and have been told we can come back here for next winter from October so a shorter-term let would be ok if need be. Ideally we would really prefer to find somewhere where we can settle properly, without having to pack up all our boxes every six months :)

Any help would be really appreciated, and many thanks.

Sue Harrison

1 Answer Mar 24, 2009 at 2:22 AM
    • Long-term rental in Menorca

by SuenMartin Online Now Mar 17, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Hi

We are looking for a long-term rental in Menorca, on the eastern side of the island. We have our own business over here but are not in a position to buy just now (not a good time to sell in the UK). Anywhere from Alayor, Son Bou, Es Castell, St Luis, Mahon, Sant Clement, and anywhere in between, would be ideal.

We are currently renting a property in Santa Ana and have been told we can come back here for next winter from October so a shorter-term let would be ok if need be. Ideally we would really prefer to find somewhere where we can settle properly, without having to pack up all our boxes every six months :)

Any help would be really appreciated, and many thanks.

Sue Harrison

1 Answer Mar 15, 2010 at 6:07 AM
    • prices

by andyfam Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM

hi could anyone tell me what prices are like in menorca now that the pound is worth so little euros. we are booked up to go in july but are having second thoughts

2 Answers Mar 15, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    • Cova Den Xoroi - Whats the age limit? Please reply ASAP! Ty :P

by JamesGoesWild Online Now Dec 29, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Hey guys, anyone know what the age restriction to the cova den xoroi nightclub in Cala N' Porter is? Thanks :D

• Restaurants in Los Delfines

by Lizzie10 Online Now Aug 14, 2008 at 8:57 AM

Hi There

We are off to the Los Delfines area in September and wondered if anyone could give us any recommendations for restaurants or bars in the area.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

• Where to rent a Pro Road Bike in Minorca?

by ChuffsnLinds Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 2:14 AM

Hi there, I am travelling to Minorca next week for two weeks holiday and am really keen to hire a top quality road bike (bicycle) to do some training whilst I am there. Can anyone recommend anywhere that rents good quality road bikes? Thanks!

1 Answer May 3, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • Rosas del Mar - Info request

by Lizzie10 Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 8:06 AM

Hi

We have just booked an apartment in Rosas Del Mar (nr Ciutadella) and I would be really grateful if anybody knows anything about this area as we have never been to Minorca before.

Grateful for any advice, tips etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Answer Jun 24, 2008 at 12:49 PM
    • apartment or villas for rent in menorca

by criscris22 Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 5:06 AM

Hello
      I am going to Menorca on the 25 July and I am looking for an apartment or villa to rent, does anyone know a good web to find it? or does anyone know personally any place?
      I prefer to go to northwest or northeast
      thanks very much!!!!
      Cristina from Madrid

1 Answer Jun 16, 2008 at 6:13 AM
    • suitable for young child

by alcistra Online Now Apr 4, 2008 at 11:09 AM

we are hoping to travel to cala blanca for 2 wks at the beginning of may with our 3 yr old would greatly appreciate any info on mosquitoes,evening temp,good places to go as a family or any helpful hints. many thanks Bryan and Judith