Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• electric company

Angle Inlet Apr 14, 2014 at 3:55 AM

whats the main power company in angle

1 Answer Apr 14, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • safety in Minneapolis

Minneapolis Jan 19, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I don't live in Minneapolis currently but I am moving there in a week. I took a job that requires me to be at work by 4:30 a.m. I don't own a car and for some silly reason I assumed the bus line would be open at that time an of course I discover that they aren't. I'll be living downtown and I work down town too, so I was wondering, how dangerous is it to walk through uptown and downtown at 4 in the morning?????

3 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • Couple's Photo Session

Duluth Dec 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I'm looking for good, beautiful places to have photos done (indoors, possibly some outdoor shots), just for a casual couple's session. I'm looking for a place that is free-relatively cheap. Could you give me a good list of ideas?

• Unique Roadside Attractions

Nisswa Oct 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM

we're going to Nisswa for girls weekend and we like to stop at quirky and unusal sites along the way. do you have any suggestions for something that will fit this bill in the area?

• Transportation Minneapolis

Minneapolis Sep 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Hello ,
      What are the cheapest fares that I can get to go form Minneapolis Saint Paul airport to Washington avenue ?

8 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    • What hotel

Duluth Aug 13, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Closest hotel to Hot Air Balloon event in September

1 Answer Aug 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    • praveenpd's Profile Photo

3 days in Minneapolis/Bloomington where to stay

Minneapolis Aug 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hi,
      I will be visiting Minneapolis next week for business. I have work in Bloomington. Could you please recommend a good downtown hotel to stay. Any hangout recommendations for travellers to connect-bars, restaurants?. Any other recommendations on 'must do' are welcome.Thanks in advance

2 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    • Viewpoints and Towers?

Minneapolis Jul 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend some towers which are open to climb or high points with great views in the Twin Cities area?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM
    • Minneapolis-St. Paul Layover

Minneapolis Jan 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Hi!

I will be having a 9 hours of layover in Minneapolis-St. Paul, I would like to know if I the following attractions are easily accessible from the airport and do you have any suggestions on how I can, at least see and take pictures, of these places in a very short period of time:

Minneapolis
      1. Minneapolis Institute of Arts
      2. Lake Harriet
      3. Target Field
      4. Lake of the Isles
      5. Stone Arch Bridge
      6. Guthrie Theater
      7. Chain of Lakes
      8. Mill City Museum
      9. Minnehaha Park
      10. American Swedish Institute
      11. Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
      12. Minneapolis Skyway System
      13. Basilica of St. Mary
      14. Mall Of America

St. Paul
      1. Cathedral of St. Paul
      2. St. Croix River

Thank you very much!

8 Answers Feb 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    • girls weekend

Minneapolis Jan 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM

3 or 4 of us are planning a girls weekend in Minneapolis at the end of the month. We will be flying in from different places and meet at the airport. Originally we were going to Ely to dogsled and stay in a B&B but decided that it's too far for a long weekend and especially in iffy weather. We were thinking that staying downtown might be fun. Other things we like are B&B's, spas, wine, yoga. Not very excited about the MOA. What we are looking for are suggestions of where to stay and what to do.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    • floydly's Profile Photo

Hilton Mall/America/MSP Airport

Saint Paul Sep 21, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I will be arriving Sunday Sept 30. I have a room at the Hilton since I'm attending a conference at that location. I'm trying to decide if the Executive Level upgrade is worth the extra 20.00 plus tax a night. I am not a breakfast person. It looks like that is the main draw, other than the executive lounge which I'm not sure would be worth my money when I can go to the lounge in the lobby. Any suggestions or comments?? Are the cocktails the same at both locations? I'm also arriving shortly after noon/checking in and going to make a few innings of the Twins/Tigers game. (already have ticket) I'm assuming the metro is the best route? I realize I'll be a few innings late..

16 Answers Sep 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

What to do during four hours in transit in Minneapolis?

Minneapolis Aug 26, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Hi
      I have made my bookings to fly from Washington D.C. to Vancouver with Delta, transiting through Minneapolis/St Pauls.
      I will arrive on a Wednesday at 13:30 and fly out at 17:30, so have four hours in transit.
      I am frankly bamboozled by the immigration arrangements between the US and Canada, sp please excuse what might be very simplistic questions. I am presuming that my baggage will be checked through to Vancouver, as this is where I clear Canadian immigration and customs?
      As for myself, I am presuming that I will still be deemed to be in the US? If so, will I be allowed to pass through into the public area of the airport or do I have to stay 'planeside'? Even if I can pass into the public area, is four hours long enough to see/do anything?
      Regards
      Cathy

24 Answers Aug 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    • Camellia36's Profile Photo

POSSIBLE VISIT TO MINNEAPOLIS END OF SEPTEMBER

Minneapolis May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Thinking of continuing bus trip from Sioux Falls SD to Minneapolis to see more of US end of September, 2012. Would it be a good stop for a couple of days to see around? Any tours going in the city? Any advice would be great.
      Cheers

9 Answers Jun 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    • floydly's Profile Photo

Coming for a Conference

Minneapolis Apr 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I'm thinking of coming up for a teacher's conference end of Sept/first of Oct.. Will stay at the Hilton/MOA.. Thought I might take in a Twins game while there. Is there easy transportation to/from Target Field? Thanks,

1 Answer Apr 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    • what is good to do with teenager in redwood falls area?

Redwood Falls Mar 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM

what is good to do with teenager in redwood falls area and where to stay?

1 Answer Mar 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM
    • Activites for children in Rochester

Minnesota Feb 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Hi!

I have family members who will be in Rochester for 9 days. Have been looking online for some children's activities in the area but not finding that much. Any recommendations? The 12 year old will have most days free - accompanied by her grandfather. They may make a trip to the Mall of America. Are there any good waterslides at a hotel that she can pay to use for the day? She loves soccer and shopping. Her 4 year old brother will be with them some days. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    • Small Towns

Minneapolis Feb 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Anyone recommend some good small towns - nice bars and restaurants etc? The more obscure the better.

Many thanks,

Pb Dancing

8 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Public transportation from Minneapolis to Lutsen

Minnesota Dec 11, 2011 at 4:09 AM

Hi everyone,
      I'm visiting friends in Minneapolis and would like to spend a few days skiing in Lutsen. Problem is, I don't drive and have to figure out a way to get there via public transport. I've found out that there are buses from Minneapolis to Duluth, but can't seem to find anything to Lutsen. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get there via bus/train etc?
      Many thanks in advance!

9 Answers Dec 13, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    • africateach's Profile Photo

Ring in the New Year?

Minneapolis Sep 12, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Hello all!

I know it is a bit early, but wife and I finally got grandparents to sit for daughter over the holiday weekend and are going to be in the area over the New Years Eve weekend. We have tickets to football, reservations at Murray's, a plan to hit MofA and even the art museum, but no idea what to do or where to be to ring in the new year. We are not major drinkers, nor would we like to be in a crazy dance club full of kids! I have heard about Acme comedy club, but does it have shows NYE? What about after the show? Where should we go? Hotel party? Small bar? Somewhere we can be around couples and in a comfortable environment... too much to ask :}

Thanks much in advance.

• 2 and 1/2 days in Minneapolis

Minneapolis Sep 10, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Hi!
      We are a couple of friends from Spain planning to stay in Minneapolis from September 24, leaving on 27 in the morning. So we would stay 2 days and a half.

We're going to the Vikings-Lions game on sunday, since I'm a huge Vikings fan!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!! But besides that, I'm looking for suggestions.....
      My initial plan was: Day 1, visiting Minneapolis on the afternoon; Day 2, game day! then visiting St. Paul on the afternoon; Day 3, round-trip to Duluth.

However, maybe visiting Duluth is not worthy since we are staying for such a short time in Minneapolis...

Need some help and ideas; will be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

8 Answers Sep 11, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    • NelsonMa's Profile Photo

Visiting for Tigers/Twins weekend July 22-24

Minneapolis Jul 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Our family will be coming to Minneapolis for a weekend series at Target Field. Looking for suggestions..... Baseball will be the main focus of the trip, going to at least two games Friday and Sunday. Where to stay? Downtown is OK, but not necessary, I understand there are many good transportation options.

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
      Mark

10 Answers Sep 10, 2011 at 7:14 AM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Traveler alert - temporary shutdown of tourism services

Minnesota Jul 1, 2011 at 4:50 AM

This is for anyone traveling or planning to travel in or through Minnesota in the very near future:

As of last night, state government shutdown has suspended the following traveler/tourism services/attractions until budget consensus can be reached:

All state parks and campgrounds

All state museums

Minnesota Zoo

Fishing license sales

Racetracks

Minnesota Office of Tourism

Almost all highway wayside rests with bathroom facilities. 3 rest centers will remain open (Brainerd, Park Rapids and Floodwood) as well as those without bathroom facilities.

Privately owned campgrounds and regional parks remain open. Reference the Explore Minnesota website for continuing info and locating attractions still functioning during the shutdown.

exploreminnesota.com/index.a...

7 Answers Jul 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    • Minneapolis to Duluth

Minneapolis Jun 19, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Hello & Happy Fathers Day. I understand from reading your posts. (Most Very Helpful) That Travelers can get around the Minneapolis St.Paul area via lite rail & bus, What about cities beyond?? We would like to see Split rock light house as well as other sites off the beaten path. I would assume renting a car would be best. We are coming in via Amtrak, where would we go to rent a car ? The Amtrak ticket only Says we arrive @ St.Paul/Minneapolis Amtrak station. Will there be signs like @ Airports?? So afraid of getting lost & missing our return train back to Indiana..Oh well go big or go home..Any comments will be very welcome. Thanks, Tami

1 Answer Jun 19, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    • children rates

Stillwater Jun 17, 2011 at 2:53 PM

am interested in a dinner cruise on the Andiamo. There would be 13 of us.
      Is there a special rate for children?

• Moving to Minneapolis

Minneapolis May 29, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Hey Minneapolians! In August I'm coming towards this wonderful city to stay for half a year to gain work experience. Besides working I'll have quite some spare time (especially during the weekends) and I was wondering where this 21 year-old student could get to know other people. Sportive activities but also clubs or bars have my personal preference.

I'll be staying somewhere near the University of Minneapolis.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jul 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    • Bluydgrl728's Profile Photo

Most desireable neighborhoods??

Minnesota May 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I'm going to be moving from Denver to Minnesota.We are looking to spend at the most 500,000.We are in our middle 40's with no kids just 4 dogs.We'd like to be close to shopping,restraunts,bars,coffee shops ect...
      Any advice would help me alot

2 Answers May 13, 2011 at 5:06 AM
    • Cabooze music venue

Minneapolis Apr 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM

hey minneapolis! i'm coming to your fair city on the 27th to see a show at Cabooze.. anyone been there?? Seein Mushroomhead with Livan. gonna be an epic rock show! anyone goin or been to this venue before? any good drinking holes to hip up before or after?

4 Answers Apr 26, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days 2 nights Minnesota

Minnesota Mar 29, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Hi, I am going for a short trip to Minnesota in 2 days time, I thought of going to Mall of America and really like to go somewhere to see some Moose. Ideally it should be some kind of drive through safari where we can get up close and personal with some Moose but I can't seem to find this on the Internet.

Anyone have any suggestions / recommendations?

Thanks!

8 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Activities for Kids

Minneapolis Nov 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM

We have recently moved to Minneapolis area. Can you please suggest me attractions, places, activities for kids.

18 Answers Dec 12, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    • mgilks's Profile Photo

HELP!

Minneapolis Nov 15, 2010 at 11:53 PM

can anybody help me? im looking for a busline that comes into minneapolis via canada, either manitoba or sask...can someone PLEASE help me out?

2 Answers Jun 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM