Minneapolis

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Do i need to claim my baggage and recheck in with my through ticket

by drivefun Online Now Jun 21, 2008 at 10:10 PM

I bought a through ticket from Appleton WI to Shanghai mainland China by way of Minneapolis and Tokyo. I want to made sure that do i need to claim my baggage and recheck in at Minneapolis airport when i proceed to get my connecting flight there? Thank you?

7 Answers Jun 26, 2008 at 1:34 AM
    • maria_hz's Profile Photo

Transfer Domestic to Transatlantic at Minneapolis Airport - time needed?

by maria_hz Online Now May 27, 2008 at 12:50 PM

My parents-in-law are flying from Europe (Finland, to be more specific) to the US in June. For the return flight, my mother-in-law is somewhat worried about the time between connections; there is 1.5 hours between landing (flying Missoula -> Minneapolis) and the transatlantic connection (Minneapolis > Amsterdam, Holland).

Is there anything to be worried about? Is this enough time to move between (possibly) terminals and gates? They are both 60+ and my mother-in-law has a knee condition so they have to have time to walk in a normal fashion.

Thanks a lot for your help!

9 Answers May 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM
    • Minneapolis layover

by emmweb Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 11:24 AM

We are flying from the US to England in June, with a layover in Minneapolis. The flights have recently changed and we've gone from a 3 hour layover to almost a 9 hour one. I've heard there are shuttles from the airport to the Mall of America. Is a 9 hour layover enough to get to the Mall, have a meal and a quick look around, get back to the airport, through security and onto an international flight? If so, are there lockers available in the Minneapolis airport large enough for 3 carry-on pieces of luggage (we were not planning to check our bags)? Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 18, 2008 at 10:05 AM
    • shohman's Profile Photo

orlando-Minneapolis flights

by shohman Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 4:50 PM

We need to fly to MSP for a christening in May. the flights are outrageous..about300 rt. I tried Expedia, Orbitz and cheaptickets, but all are about the same. Anyone know of any discount airlines that fly this route?

7 Answers Mar 10, 2008 at 1:42 PM
    • Bwent26's Profile Photo

Currency Exchange

by Bwent26 Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Any one have any idea of where to have currency exchanged with reasonable rates? I wont be able to use the currency exchange places in the airport since they typically wont carry the currency I'm looking for (I'm headed to the middle east). I heard that the Wells Fargo downtown is a good place to go but since I'm not a customer not sure if they will be all that reasonable.

Thanks .

2 Answers Dec 7, 2007 at 8:34 AM
    • Babzz's Profile Photo

One day in Minneapolis!

by Babzz Online Now Nov 30, 2007 at 6:20 AM

Hello all,
      we have one day to spend in Minneapolis. What do you recommend we do? Looking through here, I've come up with two main attractions: Mill Ruins Park/Museum and Minnesota History Center. Any comments on these or other suggestions? No shopping please. This is for next weekend, Fri-Sat Nov 7/8.
      Thanks!

5 Answers Dec 6, 2007 at 11:15 AM
    • Minneapolis convention center

by mat23 Online Now Nov 16, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Minneapolis in May 2008, to SCAA annual conference.
      It will be held at Minneapolis convention center.
      I was thinking of staying at super 8 hotel golden valley,6300 WAYZATA BLVD
      Golden Valley, MN.
      Is this part of minneapolis safe and what would you recommend, where to stay?
      Can You please tell me fastest and best ways to reach minneapolis convention center?
      Are there any close bus or subway stations near that hotel?

Thank You so much for your help.

7 Answers Nov 20, 2007 at 11:00 PM
    • Transit or Rental Car

by margs Online Now Sep 24, 2007 at 1:44 PM

I will be in the Minneapolis area for a conference in late October. Since I will be at a conference with a shuttle bus service during the first two days, I won't need a car but I might want one for the weekend. However, I would like to not bother with a car rental at all. I will be staying around 494 and 100. All I really want to do is see Downtown Minneapolis, Mall of America, and possibly a college football game. I do not mind a bus ride of up to 45 minutes, but longer than that, the car and the interstates become more tempting. Is it possible to see a bit of the area with reasonable length rides on public transit?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2007 at 3:16 PM
    • Apartments and Neighborhoods in Minneapolis?

by gaucho25 Online Now Aug 26, 2007 at 1:15 AM

Hi everyone!

I just moved to Minneapolis from NYC (Brooklyn gal all the way). I grew up in Park Slope and lived in Fort Greene for the past 3 years if anyone is familiar with those neighborhoods.

I think I'm deciding between a huge huge house in Kenwood with roommates
      (like a half mile or 10 minute walk to the 6 or 2 bus stop to the U and 10-15 minutes to
      Walker) or a much much smaller apartment building complex with a
      roommate in Uptown right by the bus hub,the Y, etc.

Do you know anyone who lives in Kenwood by
      chance? It's a huge place with a fireplace but seems kind of far from
      things happening. (though I'm just spoiled by NY I guess). How are buses here in the winter? I'm going to grad school at the U, and heard parking is a pain in butt anyway so I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with a car.

Thanks! Send me a line if you know anything.
      Oh and if anyone knows of a place to get a knish, egg cream, real NY pizza or some good empanadas.

2 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 3:15 PM
    • Mom is getting out!!!

by Sadiesmom Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 6:45 AM

Two mid-30's women are ditching the husbands and kid and heading into Minneapolis for three days at the end of August. We'll do a perfunctory cruise through the Mall, some shopping in Uptown and have breakfast at Hell's Kitchen.
      Where else should we go? Specifically, what are some great restaurants for gossiping and giggling and catching up over drinks? I know that we'll eat at Chino Latino one night, but that leaves two other dinners and lunches and I need some inspiration.
      Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 12:30 PM
    • 3 weeks in Minneapolis

by nige_ Online Now Jun 6, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Hi, I will be spending 3 wks in Farmington this september and october. What will the weather be like then? Also anything to do and see? Thanks nige

6 Answers Jul 27, 2007 at 9:53 PM
    • Nightlife

by fpuglisi9212 Online Now May 13, 2007 at 1:32 PM

What up? Me and a crew of about 8 guys are coming out to Minneapolis the weekend of October 27th and 28th for Eagles vs. Vikings. Were looking for advice on where to party. Preferably a place with a DJ thats playing hip/hop and house/techno/trance music. Suggestions???

1 Answer May 15, 2007 at 12:30 PM
    • Mall of America Nightclub

by kjyang Online Now Mar 11, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Do you know the price range of their night clubs? I'd appreciate a response. Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 12, 2007 at 3:31 PM
    • compettitive volleyball

by brarogers Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 2:24 PM

My name is Bryan and I just moved here from portland and I need a place to play AA
      level ball. I would also like to get on a mens team or a co ed team. If anyone has any info please get back to me. brarogers@yahoo.com. thanks Bryan

1 Answer Jan 3, 2007 at 9:43 PM
    • Betje's Profile Photo

Romantic Pestaurants ??

by Betje Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 7:07 PM

My boyfriend is coming into town this weekend and I since I just moved to the area, I have no clue what restaurants are good in the twin cities. Anyone have good suggestions of a romantic restaurant to go to on Saturday?? Nothing too too expensive and either French or Italian.
      Thanks!!!!
      ***Liesbet

2 Answers Nov 16, 2006 at 5:34 PM
    • Betje's Profile Photo

Romantic Pestaurants ??

by Betje Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 7:05 PM

My boyfriend is coming into town this weekend and I since I just moved to the area, I have no clue what restaurants are good in the twin cities. Anyone have good suggestions of a romantic restaurant to go to on Saturday??
      Thanks!!!!
      ***Liesbet

• Lodging & fun in Minneapolis NYE

by greendale Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 7:38 AM

Hi- we are two couples with tickets to see the Vikings play 12/31. Can anyone recommend lodging that is on light rail and not too expensive? Any one know of the best events for NYE in the city? Any suggestions welcome!
      thanks- Earlene

3 Answers Dec 6, 2007 at 5:39 PM
    • Monday Night Date- Mpls

by phillyboy2 Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 5:12 AM

Where is a good place to take a date on a Monday night in Mpls? I realize Monday nights are not the most happening, but perhaps someone knew of a neat place to go. Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 30, 2006 at 1:37 PM
    • emoja's Profile Photo

Commuting Minneapolis to Rochester

by emoja Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 8:11 AM

I'm looking into the possibilities of living in Rochester and working in Minneapolis. Does anyone know of people who do this, how do they manage the drive, are there any ways around having to drive oneself daily between the two cities, etc. Thanks!

And yes, I'm also looking at moving to other cities - so this question is *only* about commuting between Minneapolis and Rochester. Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 18, 2006 at 7:40 AM
    • Minneapolis Relo Question

by danieltrue Online Now Aug 30, 2006 at 7:55 AM

Hi, I have heard that Minneapolis is a very nice place. A newscaster that I worked with who is from there, says it's the most wonderful place in the world. Anyway, I just wanted to know, it is nice? Some pictures I have seen show some run down parts. How many run down areas are there in Minneapolis, and where are they? I know that North Minneapolis is BAD and I should never go there. Thanks.

Daniel True

21 Answers Oct 16, 2006 at 7:17 AM
    • Any Metrodome Parking Tips for first timer?

by VikingsROCK Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 1:28 PM

Attending the Vikings vs. Raiders game. First Vikings Football game. Anyone have any helpfull advice on where to park or how early to get there?

Thank you very much!

2 Answers Jul 23, 2007 at 8:12 AM
    • Commuting to work in Minneapolis

by flyguy03 Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 10:35 PM

Hi I just got a job with an airline in Minneapolis. I live in southern california now and I will be commuting to work a few times a month. I am wondering what are some good areas to look for housing in. I am trying not to buy a car so I would need to be some place close to shopping and the rail. Thanks

2 Answers Jul 11, 2006 at 12:13 PM
    • g4guitar's Profile Photo

Suggestions for Mineapolis to Thunder Bay travel?

by g4guitar Online Now Jun 8, 2006 at 11:16 AM

We are traveling to Thunder Bay via Minneapolis airport and are looking for an inexpensive way to get there (and back). Don't really want to do a rental car because we won't need a car while in Thunder Bay for 7-8 days. Are there trains, buslines or perhaps ferries across Lake Superior that could be used as alternatives to driving? Anyone know of any good deals or perhaps reasonable one-way car rentals to make the 6-7 hour (is that about right?) drive? The locals ought to know..
      -Gerry

2 Answers Jun 15, 2006 at 7:42 PM
    • g4guitar's Profile Photo

Suggestions for Mineapolis to Thunder Bay travel?

by g4guitar Online Now Jun 8, 2006 at 10:35 AM

We are traveling to Thunder Bay via Minneapolis airport and are looking for an inexpensive way to get there (and back). Don't really want to do a rental car because we won't need a car while in Thunder Bay for 7-8 days. Are there trains, buslines or perhaps ferries across Lake Superior that could be used as alternatives to driving? Anyone know of any good deals or perhaps reasonable one-way car rentals to make the 6-7 hour (is that about right?) drive? The locals ought to know..
      -Gerry

• New Yorkers in the Midwest?

by indyjones51 Online Now May 17, 2006 at 1:43 PM

I'm considering moving to Minneapolis from NYC and wanted to get any feedback from tranplanted New Yorkers in the area. Why did you move to MN and where else were you looking? I'm a twentysomething Brooklynite , but have lived in New England and South America. Some items that I would be interested in comparison to NYC are:

1) Cultural diversity
      2) How much would I need to make here for rent?
      3) Cost of living, ie renting, groceries
      4) Nightlife
      5) Restaurants
      6)Public Transportation
      7)The outdoors...parks, accesibility, what's the lake beach like? good getaways from the city?
      8)Any other items that required a period of adjustment

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 11, 2006 at 1:20 PM
    • Betje's Profile Photo

Moving to the twin cities area!!

by Betje Online Now May 13, 2006 at 5:57 PM

Hi, I just found out this week that I got an acting job in the twin cities area for the next year (at least)starting in August. The company is located in Inver Grove Heights. Now I know Nothing about the area to find an apartment in. I would prefer to live as close to Inver Grove Heights area as I can so as to cut down on commuting to the theatre. Anyone got some suggestions? (The highest I can go on an apartment a month is850 and preferable 1 bedroom with parking). Any info would be great just to get started looking now.
      Also, I will be needing a new car and don't know if it's better and/or easier to buy it here in NJ or in MN since (and I'm going to sound pretty naive here) I don't know if there are any different things added for cars to survive the colder winters there then here in New Jersey ??? ANY help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!!
      Thanks in advance!!!:-)

5 Answers Jun 1, 2006 at 11:06 AM
    • beatchfre's Profile Photo

Random Questions - Taxis, Things to during the week, etc.

by beatchfre Online Now May 2, 2006 at 4:56 PM

Hi guys,

I'm planning a 3-5 day trip to Minneapolis in mid-June. I have a couple of random questions, that hopefully someone can answer for me.

1. How expensive are taxis? How much would a trip from Carver to downtown Minneapolis (roughly 30 miles / 45 minutes) cost?

2. We'll be spending our evening/nights in bars, clubs, etc. I'm not sure if we'll be there over a weekend though. Are there lively bars on off-nights such as Sunday and Monday? I would expect so, but I wouldn't be too popular if I took my family and the place was like a ghost town on weekday evenings ;-)

3. Any recommended areas to stay in downtown that are close to bus, train links, etc. We probably won't have a car, so we'd like to be able to stagger home to our hotel at night, and jump on a bus, train, etc. to get to the mall.

Thanks in advance,
      Lee

3 Answers May 3, 2006 at 9:41 AM
    • 3-4 days in Minneapolis/ St. Paul- solo traveler

by dbboston Online Now Feb 12, 2006 at 7:57 PM

I am thinking of visiting Minneapolis/ St. Pual for 3-4 days in mid July- late August. I will not have a car with me. I have the following questions:

1. Will I be able to get to the attractions without a car?

2. Which attractions do you suggest I see?

3. Are there any guided tours that you could recommend?

4. I would consider seeing a Twins game. If I go to a night game, would I be able to get a taxi after the game?

5. Am I better off with a hotel in Minneapolis or one in St. Paul? Are there certain hotels that you could recommend?

6. Are there any neighborhods that I should avoid for safety reasons?

Thanks so much!

5 Answers Mar 30, 2006 at 11:16 AM
    • travelling/adventure partners over the weekends and weeknights

by amarsh Online Now Feb 2, 2006 at 5:06 PM

i am coming to MN for the first time in a few days. i will be working in the daytime on weekdays, so weeknights and weekends will be for fun and adventure.
      i am not sure how can i make the best use of my time. i am not much of a pub/club person, and i would prefer to visit as many places as i can.
      any help/directions would be of greatest help. someone looking for a travelling partner / car pooling are more than welcome to contact me on anand_amarsh@hotmail.com
      thanks in advance

1 Answer May 9, 2006 at 10:11 AM
    • ALSO NEW TO ST. CLOUD -HELP.

by Xtranaut Online Now Jan 14, 2006 at 10:14 PM

I seee that a few of my questions are already answered here and i am wondering in Charlize made the trip and is living in St. Cloud and can tell me what she thinks and should I move from Florida? I have an interview next week and am flying up. From all that i have read, St. Cloud is a great place to live. I don't have the option of living anywhere closer to TCs. MY job will be in St. Cloud and with an employer who requires me to live in the county and immediate area of SC. Most of that has to do with weather but the other part is dealing with clients so being "on of the family" is important.

Coming from Florida is not as hard as you might think. I lived in Chicago for two years. Onlything is I lived uptown by the lake and river in a high rise and walked to work 2 miles each way or took the train when I had to go a distance or to the airport. I had a car in the in the city but never used it so driving in the heavy stuff is something I am NOT used to. DO THEY KEEP THE ROADS CLEAR ENOUGH that my RWD Caddy CTS will make the trip? Can't affod to buy a new set of wheels yet and would imagine that car is not so popular in Minn.

THIS IS A BIG PAY CUT FOR ME but money jobs are not abundant. I have heard that the land of 10,000 taxes really sucks up your salary. IS THAT TRUE? Here in Florida we have NO state income tax and in Illinois itsa only 3% and you get most of that back. I see the high level in MN is almost 8%. That is high.
      Do you get any kind of a break -deduction, etc and is that just on high income levels - if so, wheer does that start (income)?

HOUSES?? Being from a water active state like florida, I would love o live on water..river or lake. Where is the best place considered the best bargain close to St. Cloud to do that? I also would like an acre or more with a house that isnt too big but combined with basement is maybe 2500 sq feet. What am I looking to pay for osmething nice with those specs and maybe on water with a litte land? ARE UTITLIES HIGH in St. Cloud because it's robbery here.

TEMPORARY DIGS. I think I am going to need a place to rent or a corporate suites type thing that wll accept medium dogs. I have two. i also have a cat and 2 parrots. I know. It sounds like I am a traveling ZOO but i love animals.
      I have an AKITA that is looking forward to this trip after a long hot summer.
      DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I WOULD FIND SUCH A PLACE OR FIND A RENTSAL BOARD I CAN POST ON FOR AN APARTMENT OR TOWNHOUSE // My pets are trained and crated when we are not around.

My wife is also looking for a position in medical. She has an adminsitrative and director background. What is the best route for her to take looking for work in St. Cloud?

Any of your comments and suggestions will make this transition easier. I thank you.